Siege Ayzar Stronghold

Users who are viewing this thread

The scene is still in the queue so you should come upon it eventually. If this persists, please do report back. Thanks.
Why can't we vote on it though? I'll get a screenshot tonight but it definitely wasn't in the map voting screen last night.

No Ayzar Stronghold. Why? @Dejan
LfeaJuZ.jpg

Last edited:
Received an update on it: The scene has indeed been disabled temporarily. We've identified a bug with it that causes crashes, as soon as it is fixed, we will put the scene back into the queue.
If you willing to return this map in queue it would be good to remove backcapping capabilities on this map/ and replace front gates on this map.

Backcaping = atacking players can run on the walls from main gate area to the back flags (F, E, and G) and cap-eliminate them in starting phases in game, removing endgame defending phase easily. Its hard to defend them as defenders in starting phase because they spawn in areas unnaccessable to back flags (F,E,G)

Main gate problem - its completely useless, and sieging ram is useless because main gate area has a bridge+rottenwood door which breaks in 1 shot from ballista from A flag, there are no reason to ram main gate or defend them at all.

Fix backcap problem the castle is too easy to walk through with barely anything blocking rear line objectives.

The far right balista from attacker side is placed too close the pallisade which in turn gets abused by certain people to shoot from behind the pallisade with only their hands showing thus making it impossible to kill them bar the few good archers that include me but it's still a unreasonable difficult shot.

All suggestions are direction wise made from attacking side:

Gate by A should have more HP takes just 3 balista shots to punch a hole in there

On the walls towards E-F-G, door in the big tower on the left side(which defenders can open from both ends) and a bigger stronger barricade on the right side should help against backcapping

Gate in G gatehouse more HP or remove rocks they barely get used for defending purposes anyways and get used to destroy gate instead by attackers.

Make it impossible to walk into defender spawn on the left side of G and make a alternate route unto g since the ramp easily gets blocked off by attackers

aC-dI.png

I would point out that the most serious problem with this map is that attacker_spawn_4 is placed too far away from flag E. After capturing the flag CD, the siege team still needs to respawn outside the stronghold and the average time to get to the flag is about 1 minute, which is a terrible experience for the attack team. No one wants to spend their time in rushing.

nfmi2.png

The other issue is on the defensive respawn area. defender_spawn_1_2 is too scattered. The attacker can often break through the defensive line and grab EF directly to disrupt the whole game. I believe the map was designed so that the attackers could take the flags in ABCDEFG order (BTW therefore Baravenos Enciclement's order of flags is confusing in my opinion). Therefore, I recommend placing most spawn points for spawn_1_2 near point D to prevent the attacker from harvesting EF too early

aC-dI.png

I would point out that the most serious problem with this map is that attacker_spawn_4 is placed too far away from flag E. After capturing the flag CD, the siege team still needs to respawn outside the stronghold and the average time to get to the flag is about 1 minute, which is a terrible experience for the attack team. No one wants to spend their time in rushing.

nfmi2.png

The other issue is on the defensive respawn area. defender_spawn_1_2 is too scattered. The attacker can often break through the defensive line and grab EF directly to disrupt the whole game. I believe the map was designed so that the attackers could take the flags in ABCDEFG order (BTW therefore Baravenos Enciclement's order of flags is confusing in my opinion). Therefore, I recommend placing most spawn points for spawn_1_2 near point D to prevent the attacker from harvesting EF too early
Agreed.
When EFG are the only flags standing attackers barely ever make progress due to a longer way to EF than the defenders. On the other hand When EF fall early G basically always falls.
As a result the only real way for attackers to win is to cheese tha map and capture EF while ABCD are still standing and the defenders spawn out of position to defend EFG.

Like the aesthetic of this map, especially the bridge at the start, but the way it plays is not well balanced.

Back
Top Bottom