-- Official Unofficial 'Ask Questions About Warband Singleplayer Here' Thread --

Users who are viewing this thread

What exactly does the persuasion skill do per point invested in it?

I understand that persuasion allows you to recruit your prisoners into your army with a 4% per point chance of success but I would also like to know, numerically, how much it increases your percent chance of success while persuading Non-Player Characters who have relationship scores.

I am new to this online forum so if I made an error in posting this I would be grateful to know how I could perform better in the future.

I tried to find an answer on the forum, but no luck until now.

Did anyone had an issue with gameplay options not saving/resetting?
What happens is that I set everything to normal (full damage to player, normal AI bot speed, normal combat bot AI). I did this in both the main options and loading my save, going to options and set it there as well. What happens is that the next time I open up options, it is full damage/fastest bot speed/best combat bot AI. This means that the bots wipe the floor with me (in a spear based mod, I don't have a chance to practice anywhere on the map.)

I tried:
- reinstalling, didn't work
- checking if the config file is read only (it isn't)
- saving the options everywhere

Does anybody have a solution for this issue? Thanks!

Hey guys i would need a help with profecy of pendor mod I need to get 100 morale/ leadership so i could bring big army with me for fun .

I know it is about scripts and get player party morale , but what are the correct numbers what i need to change

I have version v3.9.5.6

I've been playing Warband for 81 hours now, made a couple small mods, and I still haven't figured out how get a hero character.
Is it granted to you by a faction leader?
Or earned through being a high level?
(I've taken over a lot of land in one of my saves, but haven't ever gotten over level 30)

If you mean becoming a noble (not a hero) you can do that by becoming a vassal (not a mercenary!) of a king.

If you are conquering fiefs on your own, you are treated as some kind of rebel, not a noble, until you declare a kingdom or join one with your fiefs (iirc).
There are two more ways to become a noble - starting as one (if you pick the right choice) or marrying someone (again iirc, it's been a while).

If you mean becoming a noble (not a hero) you can do that by becoming a vassal (not a mercenary!) of a king.

If you are conquering fiefs on your own, you are treated as some kind of rebel, not a noble, until you declare a kingdom or join one with your fiefs (iirc).
There are two more ways to become a noble - starting as one (if you pick the right choice) or marrying someone (again iirc, it's been a while).
think he meants companions.
You find them in taverns

Hey guys i would need a help with profecy of pendor mod I need to get 100 morale/ leadership so i could bring big army with me for fun .

I know it is about scripts and get player party morale , but what are the correct numbers what i need to change

I have version v3.9.5.6
Go to the official PoP discord for an answer, as the community there is very welcoming and will most likely know the answer to your question. Good luck :smile:

Question: I defeated the Nord Faction in the game, standard warband, and I have King Ragnar plus many Nord jarls in captivity. Do they ever get released or are the in the dungeons permanently?

Question: I defeated the Nord Faction in the game, standard warband, and I have King Ragnar plus many Nord jarls in captivity. Do they ever get released or are the in the dungeons permanently?
If you do not release them yourself, they remain in your prisons until they inevitably escape sooner or later. Lords can then join any other faction if their reputation with a King is not at -100, but Ragnar can only leave Calradia permanently.

Have not found anything on this topic so far:
I am trying to use a companion build like this: Slot 1-4: 2-H Weapon, X-Bow, Bolts, Jarids

Observation: When battle starts and fire at will command is given, the hero just stands there holding the jarid in hand, x-bow is still on the back while the enemy is in range of the x-bow but not in range of the jarid.

Conclusion: The AI seems to favour the Jarids over the X-Bow on any distance.

Question1: Is the AI incapable of handling the situation in a reasonable way? There seems no command regarding the choice of ranged weapon so are we dependent on the non-cleverness of the AI in this regard?
Question2: What is the algorithm for weapon preference for ranged? Weapon proficiency or actual range to enemy seems to have no influence (i.e. higher proficiency weapon is prefered).

The algorithm for weapon preference would also be interesting in regard to the switching between 1-H/shield and 2-H.
My observation is that the AI is closing the distance with 1-H/shield and switches to 2-H in melee which is kind of reasonable. Two kinds of ranged weapons however seem to confuse the AI.

Edit: I am using Floris Expanded

I have observed the AI some more. I cannot make out something that resembles a logical pattern. While I am quite sure there is some intricate algorithm behind, from an outsiders point of view, it looks like randomness. They *sometimes* do switch from thrown to bow - and back. The use of bow&arrow can *sometimes* be forced by using the ranged command. *Sometimes* They just stand there for seconds doing nothing but ruminating what to do next. And *sometimes* everybody considers war to be a fist fight.

But basically, they do what they want. Thinking about it, the programmers made this look very lifelike after all. :wink:

Since there are so many threads with only one small question and an equally short answer, I decided to found a good old AQH thread where people can post their small questions and get short answers from ppl who know better (I'm not one of them btw). May I start?

1. I was less than level 10 and participated in the first campaign of the Sarranid Sultanate trying to capture Halmar. I participated in the battle and as a result was rewarded with the ownership of the City and the adjacent village with its entire garrison included in the reward! It included 12 Mameluks and 20 Master Archers. Is this normal behavior from an AI faction leader with negative relations to me?

2. Is the newest patch save-game compatible?
Who do i marry as a woman

Back
Top Bottom