In Need of Advice

Users who are viewing this thread

Pidgey

Recruit
Hello Taleworlds community, I’m grateful to be playing the console release of Bannerlord 2!

I’ve only just started but I’m confused about group management. I’m finding threads saying that we can no longer group troops and command them by their classes like in Mount and Blade, is this true? I‘m on keyboard so I see that there are a ton of “groups” and “options” but I haven’t noticed a difference when selecting various one’s.

I’m not worried about perfect strategy, but something like telling my cavalry to flank or archers to not stand in the front line would be much appreciated for obvious reasons.

I‘ve waited so long for this game, thank you.

Are you referring to groupings for the command? As in, press 1 to call infantry, 2 to archers, and 3 to cavalry? If yes, it's still there. When you open the party screen and click on a unit, you will see a roman number (I, II, III). That's the grouping. You can change every unit's grouping as you like.

In case you still don't know how to do commands, you do it by calling a unit group first (like pressing 1) then choosing a command (like F1 -> F3 to charge) which translates to telling infantry to charge. I don't know how it's done on console tho. It should be similar.

Are you referring to groupings for the command? As in, press 1 to call infantry, 2 to archers, and 3 to cavalry? If yes, it's still there. When you open the party screen and click on a unit, you will see a roman number (I, II, III). That's the grouping. You can change every unit's grouping as you like.

In case you still don't know how to do commands, you do it by calling a unit group first (like pressing 1) then choosing a command (like F1 -> F3 to charge) which translates to telling infantry to charge. I don't know how it's done on console tho. It should be similar.
“1, 2 and 3” will be enough as I figure out the game. I didn’t have any archers so the callout was substituted for “everyone”.

I just had ~300 nearby troops assist me against about 16 raiders and saw the pre-battle organization screen for the first time. Are those the Roman numerals you were talking about? The party screen itself does not show any.

Are those the Roman numerals you were talking about? The party screen itself does not show any.
Kind of. This is what I meant with the party screen.

Party-Menu.jpg

See that III next to the name?

Unfortunately no, I think they dumbed the UI down to accommodate controller. Admittedly it’s probably better for non-m&kb players.

They removed the numerals, the tabs and added upgradable troop and recruitable prisoner shortcuts on the top right.

I’m kinda disappointed but it could be worse, thanks for all the help man I really appreciate it.

note to moderators: replying to someone else’s external link considers it of my own making, not sure if that’s intentional.

Hello Taleworlds community, I’m grateful to be playing the console release of Bannerlord 2!

I’ve only just started but I’m confused about group management. I’m finding threads saying that we can no longer group troops and command them by their classes like in Mount and Blade, is this true? I‘m on keyboard so I see that there are a ton of “groups” and “options” but I haven’t noticed a difference when selecting various one’s.

I’m not worried about perfect strategy, but something like telling my cavalry to flank or archers to not stand in the front line would be much appreciated for obvious reasons.

I‘ve waited so long for this game, thank you.
Units are automatically placed in their formations based on the type of unit they are i.e. Archers are always Formation #2.

I don't remember what patch it was, but they introduced OOB "Order of Battle" to place your troops before battle a starts (could have lived without it TBH, not that difficult to move troops around when the battle started, plus better use of time)

You can no longer assign specific units to specific formations, because the Roman Numeral tags are gone now in the Party Screen.

You used to be able to do nifty things like assign Recruits to a specific formation to keep them out of harms way. Though admittedly you could create problems for yourself like assigning your infantry to the Archer Formation #2 so that could cause some issues with battle orders given because of the different unit types.

You can see it pretty clearly in Resonant's video:

Probably dumb-downed for consoles, though at one time you were able to kill your units spawning into a battlefield by having them fall off ledges (think it's fixed). Creates a lot of issues with units spawning inside objects like houses though. Wouldn't bother me too much, but the current filters for sorting troops is really inadequate. Mostly just want to be able assign specific units to a specific formation, just annoying to fiddle around with sliders, etc. when it was so easy to assign Shock Troops to say Formation #5 in the Party Screen back a year or two ago.

Kind of. This is what I meant with the party screen.

Party-Menu.jpg

are you using some mods ? the roman number were removed a few updates ago and I have never seen these four sorting options before

are you using some mods ? the roman number were removed a few updates ago and I have never seen these four sorting options before
I only grabbed that image from Google. Honestly I haven't noticed if they removed it. As I've mentioned before I almost never used that feature.

Back
Top Bottom