Forum Feedback and Suggestions (NOT Game Feedback)

Users who are viewing this thread

I appreciate the use of groups, however there's no group search function; you're able to search 'groups' using the regular searching method, but that only searches group titles rather than content within the groups you're currently in (I might be blind though).

I don't know if this is a planned feature for groups where you're able to search within groups as some groups have loads of threads (such as the BEAST group with over 200 threads) which makes looking at historical match data or comments in general within groups quite tedious.

I appreciate the use of groups, however there's no group search function; you're able to search 'groups' using the regular searching method, but that only searches group titles rather than content within the groups you're currently in (I might be blind though).

I don't know if this is a planned feature for groups where you're able to search within groups as some groups have loads of threads (such as the BEAST group with over 200 threads) which makes looking at historical match data or comments in general within groups quite tedious.
It's true that you can't search within a group page directly to find various things in their forums or comments. However, if you're in a group's discussion forum, you can run searches within that specific forum just like you can in any other specific forum. You can also do an "Everywhere" search for what you're looking for from anywhere and the results will include stuff within Group discussion forums.

It's true that you can't search within a group page directly to find various things in their forums or comments. However, if you're in a group's discussion forum, you can run searches within that specific forum just like you can in any other specific forum. You can also do an "Everywhere" search for what you're looking for from anywhere and the results will include stuff within Group discussion forums.

I tried that out, and 'Everywhere' just shows threads outside groups with just one result being the group itself and not the discussions within the groups.

"Everywhere" should show threads from everywhere, inside and outside of groups. If that's not what you're seeing, please PM me with an example of a group and a search term so I can investiage.

General question I got asked today:
At the old forum, it was possible for mod authors to apply for a subforum. We have now groups replacing those which is fine. Is it however possible (and wanted) to list specific modding groups at the overview list here
and if so what would be the conditions we would like to see fullfilled for people to apply for such?

I would like to have an answer for it because I got reminded of that old thread about how to apply for subforums here
and would like to update appropriately.

I myself would support to show prominent Warband mods at that place if a new group comes up which generates activity. At Bannerlord that problem is not really given since there they aren't splitted into different game subboards, so that overview page is missing.

I myself would support to show prominent Warband mods at that place if a new group comes up which generates activity. At Bannerlord that problem is not really given since there they aren't splitted into different game subboards, so that overview page is missing.
It's a possibility, but it would bear discussion as to how we would want to present it, if it's deemed to be desirable. Sorry I can't give a quick answer.

There's an annoying feature to the post editor.

If you have leading line breaks, then erase on the line beneath them, it removes those breaks. But not always? It's awful. I will do it if it considers the sentence you are typing and the lines above it inside the same paragraph. But, adding two or more line breaks does not automatically break the paragraph. The line break above this does not count:

But those above this line do.

Making the preceding line contain a space stops it, but it seems like a silly thing to have to do to have some line breaks.

Last edited:
Hey, you guys remember this? Pretty funny stuff. The old post I made on this thread with this image got deleted because it was deemed a professional embarassment or something.

mAEAxKx.png

Oh, I was mistaken!! It’s not that my post was removed, it was that a moderator/community staff basically posted “I don’t want to be alive anymore” or something along those lines in response to my post but it got removed. I guess they don’t want staff expressing their opinions about how much work they have to do. Back on page 18 of this thread.

Apologies for the confusion.

Oh, I was mistaken!! It’s not that my post was removed, it was that a moderator/community staff basically posted “I don’t want to be alive anymore” or something along those lines in response to my post but it got removed. I guess they don’t want staff expressing their opinions about how much work they have to do. Back on page 18 of this thread.

Apologies for the confusion.
No posts by employees or staff (current or former) have any edit history for several weeks after yours, and there are no deleted posts of theirs either.

There's an annoying feature to the post editor.

If you have leading line breaks, then erase on the line beneath them, it removes those breaks. But not always? It's awful. I will do it if it considers the sentence you are typing and the lines above it inside the same paragraph. But, adding two or more line breaks does not automatically break the paragraph. The line break above this does not count:

But those above this line do.

Making the preceding line contain a space stops it, but it seems like a silly thing to have to do to have some line breaks.
This issue still exists.

I genuinely avoid writing large posts because the editor eliminates line breaks above a line if you use backspace. It's frustrating.

Look at this nonsense

This issue still exists.

I genuinely avoid writing large posts because the editor eliminates line breaks above a line if you use backspace. It's frustrating.
Yeah, the various newline problems can be annoying. It's a known issue with the Froala editor version which XenForo is currently using. Hopefully the next XenForo minor update will at least partially fix it. Apparently the XenForo devs are investigating other solutions to potentially move away from Froala entirely, but only in a major update.

No posts by employees or staff (current or former) have any edit history for several weeks after yours, and there are no deleted posts of theirs either.
Impossible considering the post immediately after my April 2nd 2020 post was one of the moderators (at least it wasn't a regular user anyway) saying "I won't want to be alive anymore". It wasn't Terco_Viejo. Like, I am aware that you can't see any deleted posts, but it was there. I literally saw it with my eyes, physically chuckled out loud at it, and had considered taking a screenshot because it was quite amusing directly underneath the post.

The reason why I remember the exact reply is because I spent like 30 minutes making that bloody image screenshotting pages and pages of bug reports and having a moderator confess their turmoil almost immediately made that 30 minutes partly worth it. I will never forget that specific moment.

The discrepancy in memory was to do with which one of those posts got deleted, either mine or theirs. When I went back to it a month or so later the mod's post was gone, just thought "oh that's a shame" and moved on (and as an aside had stopped using the forums). Obviously the two post's initial creations were vivid in my memory but not the ultimate fate of them.

Alas, we are here now. The post will have to just live on in my memory and the memory of he who posted it.

This is so much waffle for one deleted post, just think how many things are happening in the world. Humans put a man on the moon.

Last edited:
Like, I am aware that you can't see any deleted posts, but it was there.
kgljw5d.png

q1cf6pE.png
We can also see which posts have been edited, as they have the "History" button at the bottom in the report/edit line. All iterations of an edited post are saved for a while and can be viewed by clicking that button, though those posts' have long since expired. Still, the button remains if they were ever edited.

All posts by staff or devs from your post on through to the end of the next page remain visible and have no edit history.

This is so much waffle for one deleted post, just think how many things are happening in the world. Humans put a man on the moon.
Being overbearingly specific and picky is how I get my sick jollies, though. Don't kink shame.

Last edited:
Hi there, @Janus. I have three suggestions.

1. It would be nice to support the anchor bbcode tag to be able to link to specific paragraphs of a post. This was supported by SMF, as shown here, and now it's broken, this can be a simple HTML span replacement with a escaped name or id attribute, or something: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...tools-managing-resources-with-openbrf.385750/

2. It would be neat if clicking on the button for preformatted or inline text doesn't add carriage returns to the tags when sandwiching the selected text, as that defeats the inline thing a bit, one needs to fix it up later, I normally just copy-paste them in the raw editor, to make sure it does what I need. Not sure how feasible that is in XenForo.

The way the preformatted text worked in SMF was just changing the font of specific
words
without affecting the background (good, that's what icode is for) or making it appear as a block. Ideally it would respect whitespace and not have line gaps, making the box-drawing characters show up fine and square.

┌─┬┐ ╔═╦╗ ╓─╥╖ ╒═╤╕
│ ││ ║ ║║ ║ ║║ │ ││
├─┼┤ ╠═╬╣ ╟─╫╢ ╞═╪╡
└─┴┘ ╚═╩╝ ╙─╨╜ ╘═╧╛
┌───────────────────┐
│ ╔═══╗ Some Text │▒
│ ╚═╦═╝ in the box │▒
╞═╤══╩══╤═══════════╡▒
│ ├──┬──┤ │▒
│ └──┴──┘ │▒
└───────────────────┘▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

3. The comment length in profile replies is kind of limited, but my main qualm is that the formatting text counts against the limit. So you can't even add two linked words in there when someone asks you something; you have to split it into a bunch of them, which is kind of ugly.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom