Releasing the game in this state feels like a slap in the face

Users who are viewing this thread

Years ago, I was one of the people saying "it's early access, you can't expect the polish of a finished product" etc., etc. Early last year, I was frustrated with the lack of progress and I decided to take a break until release. I would wait, come back, and the game would be ready.

Well, they didn't finish the game. They just didn't finish it.

Now, everybody has an idea in their head of what Bannerlord should be like. Somebody could easily look at the game as it is, compare it to the ideal version of the game in their head, and call it unfinished. That's not what I mean at all.

No, I'm talking about characters eyes turning into red holes in their face.

I'm talking about floating blades, or blades clipping into the hilts.

I'm talking about duplicate smithing parts with identical names and appearance, but different stats.

I'm talking about dialogue options that lead to "....Nevermind" as if that's an acceptable way to structure a dialogue tree in 2022.

I'm talking about repeatedly "unlocking" smithing parts that are already unlocked.

This is not an exhaustive list of every problem in Bannerlord, not at all. This is a list of the problems I encountered within two hours of playing the release version of the game. I have looked all of these up on the forums, there are dozens if not hundreds of bug reports or discussions for every one of these.

So they knew these issues existed. They knew they had not fixed them. And they released the game with all of those issues still unfixed, knowingly.

To me, what this expresses is contempt for the players. I don't see how else you could consider that acceptable.

All I can really do is never buy another TW game, and tell everyone I know to do the same.
You weren't around during the 2015 - 2016 debacle
monty-python-tisbutascratch.gif

Though with this I'm not supporting TW any longer, if by a miracle they put out really quality games I'll buy them, but investing early believing in them is forever gone, just as much as buying anything without testing first. It has been nearly 10 years of a constant stream of suggestions to actually improve upon Warband coming from the entire community, and it has been 10 years of total ostracization of almost every suggestion given, they've also ignored a lot of feedback and bug reports during the entirety of the EA, some of which have been known and remained unfixed for over 2 years, not sure if any were addressed on 1.0 because I have no 1.0 in my steam for some reason...

Last edited:
For me it is extremely ridiculous the purposeful downgrade that the game suffered in basic and fundamental aspects.
If this was their first game I would be satisfied, but being worse than the previous titles is unacceptable!
@Terco_Viejo and other members of this forum highlighted several things that could be improved and that are inferior to Viking Conquest...
If the battles are extremely disappointing compared to previous titles and there's no diplomatic depth what did Bannerlord really bring us innovative?

For me it is extremely ridiculous the purposeful downgrade that the game suffered in basic and fundamental aspects.
If this was their first game I would be satisfied, but being worse than the previous titles is unacceptable!
@Terco_Viejo and other members of this forum highlighted several things that could be improved and that are inferior to Viking Conquest...
If the battles are extremely disappointing compared to previous titles and there's no diplomatic depth what did Bannerlord really bring us innovative?
smithing with floating weapon parts if you change their sizes, and grApH1czZ
If I'm to be totally honest, M&B graphics are too dated, so much so that I have difficult playing the game since 2015 - but it's easier to get used to bad 3d than it is to a bad gameplay... So there's that.

You weren't around during the 2015 - 2016 debacle
monty-python-tisbutascratch.gif

Though with this I'm not supporting TW any longer, if by a miracle they put out really quality games I'll buy them, but investing early believing in them is forever gone, just as much as buying anything without testing first. It has been nearly 10 years of a constant stream of suggestions to actually improve upon Warband coming from the entire community, and it has been 10 years of total ostracization of almost every suggestion given, they've also ignored a lot of feedback and bug reports during the entirety of the EA, some of which have been known and remained unfixed for over 2 years, not sure if any were addressed on 1.0 because I have no 1.0 in my steam for some reason...
Have you deselected " beta " ?

Years ago, I was one of the people saying "it's early access, you can't expect the polish of a finished product" etc., etc. Early last year, I was frustrated with the lack of progress and I decided to take a break until release. I would wait, come back, and the game would be ready.

Now, everybody has an idea in their head of what Bannerlord should be like. Somebody could easily look at the game as it is, compare it to the ideal version of the game in their head, and call it unfinished. That's not what I mean at all.

I'm talking about duplicate smithing parts with identical names and appearance, but different stats.

I'm talking about dialogue options that lead to "....Nevermind" as if that's an acceptable way to structure a dialogue tree in 2022.

I'm talking about repeatedly "unlocking" smithing parts that are already unlocked.

This is not an exhaustive list of every problem in Bannerlord, not at all. This is a list of the problems I encountered within two hours of playing the release version of the game. I have looked all of these up on the forums, there are dozens if not hundreds of bug reports or discussions for every one of these.

So they knew these issues existed. They knew they had not fixed them. And they released the game with all of those issues still unfixed, knowingly.

To me, what this expresses is contempt for the players. I don't see how else you could consider that acceptable.

All I can really do is never buy another TW game, and tell everyone I know to do the same.
serves you right.

I think you are all overreacting a bit. Guys, rejoy, the game is stable and is a very solid base for modders. And that is all we need. Don't ask to much of this company, they did what was the best for us in the end.
So nobody should be insulted by the fact a 50€ game doesn't hold its promises, is a downgrade to its predecessor and ships with most important mechanics to one extend or another broken?

Nobody should be insulted because the devs made it possible for modders, who are using their free time with no reward other than a thank you (from the player base that is), to fix this damned mess?

Don't get me wrong. I don't want to insult you personally, but people like you are the reason practices like this work and gaming developers can stop putting in the work to produce a product worth the price.

So nobody should be insulted by the fact a 50€ game doesn't hold its promises, is a downgrade to its predecessor and ships with most important mechanics to one extend or another broken?

Nobody should be insulted because the devs made it possible for modders, who are using their free time with no reward other than a thank you (from the player base that is), to fix this damned mess?

Don't get me wrong. I don't want to insult you personally, but people like you are the reason practices like this work and gaming developers can stop putting in the work to produce a product worth the price.

It's called consuming just to consume. People who accept or belittle the significance of products being broken or companies lying about the product are only into it to consume and forget. A short burst of dopamine.

It's called consuming just to consume. People who accept or belittle the significance of products being broken or companies lying about the product are only into it to consume and forget. A short burst of dopamine.
That's certainly true. It's the "consume product and get excited for next product crowd". The thing that baffles me is that when everything the game does for them is a short dopamin rush, why would they make the effort come here and defend it with all their might? Wouldn't they just (maybe give a good review) and then move on to other games doing the same?

I really don't understand how people can defend corporations and such (TW of course is nowhere near corporation level) who are acting against their very interest with no benefit whatsoever.

That's certainly true. It's the "consume product and get excited for next product crowd". The thing that baffles me is that when everything the game does for them is a short dopamin rush, why would they make the effort come here and defend it with all their might? Wouldn't they just (maybe give a good review) and then move on to other games doing the same?

I really don't understand how people can defend corporations and such (TW of course is nowhere near corporation level) who are acting against their very interest with no benefit whatsoever.

Because people do not like the idea of something they did, that they invested time in, could be the opposite of what they wanted. It would mean they wasted their time, that they could be wrong, and so on and so forth. It's like sinking with the ship. A lot of people are more comfortable doing that than abandoning it. Sort of like Apple product buyers. 😅

Because people do not like the idea of something they did, that they invested time in, could be the opposite of what they wanted. It would mean they wasted their time, that they could be wrong, and so on and so forth. It's like sinking with the ship. A lot of people are more comfortable doing that than abandoning it. Sort of like Apple product buyers. 😅

That's a very good point actually. It can be translated to many different subjects in life.

That's a very good point actually. It can be translated to many different subjects in life.

In all honesty, I recognize it because I have felt that way before. Not for that much, of course, but enough to know it. I've even seen people admit it. And to be quite fair with them, it's hard not to, and I can understand the position well. There's a lot of disappointing and horrible things in the world, but realizing you've been swindled or something you poured so much energy into is ultimately not worth it, can be disheartening.

you guys have seen nothing, or did you?
The places where such trends thrive (trends about being an useful idiot for companies, and championing "profits" for them) are some reddit communities and Steam Forums... Oddly the biggest crowd hails from the US and A with their self-destructive consumerist mindset.
And it isn't limited to games, if a company starts manufacturing a fridge that lasts 1 month and you happen to rant online, these cockroaches will surface and say: "how's the company supposed to make profits? Fridges must rot and you should pay more than you used to 50 years ago for that fridge that lasted 40 years!"

The degree of mental impairment some ppl willingly adopt is astonishing sometimes...

The places where such trends thrive (trends about being an useful idiot for companies, and championing "profits" for them) are some reddit communities and Steam Forums... Oddly the biggest crowd hails from the US and A with their self-destructive consumerist mindset.
And it isn't limited to games, if a company starts manufacturing a fridge that lasts 1 month and you happen to rant online, these cockroaches will surface and say: "how's the company supposed to make profits? Fridges must rot and you should pay more than you used to 50 years ago for that fridge that lasted 40 years!"

The degree of mental impairment some ppl willingly adopt is astonishing sometimes...
People do the same with politicians lol.

I wouldn't track it all down to willingness. You would be very surprised how many people are legitimately convinced of a thing because they feel it, or they have endorsed it, or they have put time into it. I've met people who are legitimate in their standing that a company ought to be able to do what it wants for a profit.

I forget where I've seen it, but there was this question about companies/customers and it it is pretty intriguing: "In an ideal world, would companies be completely honest, or the customer completely educated?"

People do the same with politicians lol.

It's humanity's weak spot. We crave, at our core, to be part of a tribe. We gravitate toward it. There's actually been studies where they've proven that humans in close proximity to one another act as sort of a "hive mind".

Humans are weak.

It's humanity's weak spot. We crave, at our core, to be part of a tribe. We gravitate toward it. There's actually been studies where they've proven that humans in close proximity to one another act as sort of a "hive mind".
This is exactly what I have noticed since the last six years or so (not that it wasn't that way before). It is deeply disturbing not dealing with individuals but, in some regard, with a group of unthinking zombies.

I probably could live far better if I ignored this and pretended everybody would be a thinking reasonable individual. Yet unlike these people who are very well able to alter reality in their mind to fit their own comfort, somehow I can't.

Humans are weak.
I should tatoo that on my face. :lol:

I mean. You're actually very sensible and I can agree with this comment, but for most people including me these are tiny almost non issues. Don't get me wrong, should be fixed, but such unimportant things that I wasn't even aware of since I've never had it happen or noticed, as well as reading them I wouldn't even really care if it happened.

Red hole faces- never. Floating blades, only seen in others screenshots. Duplicate smithing parts, never knew. Dialogue options, not fleshed out and need work imo but which ones still do this? afaik they dont. Unlocking unlocked parts- never noticed. All tiny issues. How can you honestly be so hurt by these is what I do not understand.

What I do understand is that one would expect for these things to be fixed before full release especially since game is in EA already. But if thats your standards, I'm afraid you have no game company to ever buy from, except maybe those battleroyales which are still "early access" after 4-6 years.

Back
Top Bottom