Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Arch Light

Recruit
Summary:I updated my game to full release which I believe is named 1.0.0 but I'm not sure. I had a very old save I wanted to update to 1.7 in order to play it on full release. I believe it was 1.5.4 Anyways I changed the beta branch on steam to 1.7.0. and updated the game yesterday or so. Today I launched the game and hit "Play". It pretty much immedietly crashes. No lag spike, no frozen screen Just a immediate error message. I tried sending a crash report 3 times but all it tells me is that "something went wrong, try again."
How to Reproduce: Update game to full release. Change game to 1.7.0 on steam beta branch. Try starting the game using the "Play" button.
Have you used cheats and if so which: No
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU:RX 590
GPU Driver Version: 22.5.1 released on 4/28/2022
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x 8 cores.
RAM: 16GB DDr4
Motherboard: I don't remember
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): HDD

Have you tried these workarounds before?

‘Launcher not Launching’ / Game is not launching Workarounds​

If you experiencing any issues with the launcher, you can try the workarounds below to fix it:
  • The first thing to do when experiencing any issue with the game is verifying the game files. After an update, there is always a chance of some of the game files being corrupted or missing. Doing this will verify that the game files are installed correctly. You can also check our guide regarding this here.
  • Deleting the configs folder of the game located in the Documents folder. Please keep in mind that this will also delete your saved options of the game. Don’t forget to back up the files if you don’t want to lose them. (C:\Users\user.name\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Configs)
  • You can try to delete the contents of the folder below and verify the game files afterward. "steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin"
  • If you have installed a mod called Fixed Launcher in the past, you need to make sure that you have deleted its files. These files can block the launcher from launching. The files of the aforementioned mod.
  • Check your Windows Defender settings for Ransomware Protection. You should add Bannerlord to the list under the Controlled Folder Access. To do that:
  • - Open Windows Defender Security Center.
    - Click on Virus & threat protection.
    - Click the Virus & threat protection settings option.
    - Under "Controlled folder access," click the Allow an app through the Controlled folder access link.
    - Click the Add an allowed app button to add Bannerlord.
  • Deleting the “spriteData.xml” file located in the "steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\GUI\GauntletUI” folder can fix the issue. This is an obsolete xml file that the game is not using. However, if a mod is installed before changing this file, the game tries to use it and crashes.
  • Deleting the logs folder located under the "C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord" folder. Please note that the ProgramData folder is a hidden folder by default.
  • If none of the workarounds above helped you, you can try to launch the game via the TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Singleplayer.exe and TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Multiplayer.exe files located in the folder below:
    ...:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client
  • Check your OneDrive folder contents. Even if it is disabled we have seen users post that their files have been changed with the previous OneDrive synced files. You should try deleting your OneDrive files. More info about that can be found here.

Have you tried these workarounds before?
I was at the last step of going to \SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mount and Blade 2 Bannerlord\Bin\Wind64_Shipping_client. The "Bannerlord" launcher gave me the same error however launching "Bannerlord.Native" gave me the error "Mono exception occurred". Hopefully that is of some help to you. I do not understand what it means.

I was at the last step of going to \SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mount and Blade 2 Bannerlord\Bin\Wind64_Shipping_client. The "Bannerlord" launcher gave me the same error however launching "Bannerlord.Native" gave me the error "Mono exception occurred". Hopefully that is of some help to you. I do not understand what it means.
I did try launching through Taleworlds.MountandBlade.Launcher.Singleplayer.exe and it crashed. 2022-10-27_19.54.35_0160a40aded2e6e8e61a4c18daecab41. I can launch the multiplayer version fine. However it says I have the wrong version.

I believe this is my crash report. I didn't copy and paste it but I think it did that automatically. 2022-10-27_19.54.35_0160a40aded2e6e8e61a4c18daecab41.

I also want to clarify that before you replied I wanted to see if changing from 1.7 to 1.7.1 would fix the issue so all of this was tried on the 1.7.1 version of the game.

The crash id suggest that the game is crashing while reading XML files. You could try a clean install.
Clean Install
The clean install is removing every single game-related file from your computer and installing the game again. Why do you need to remove the game while you just want to remove the modifications? Unfortunately, some of the modifications do not just add a new modules folder but also change or adds contents to the existent modules folder. Without a reinstall, we can't be sure those files are unchanged.

To perform a Clean Install, Uninstall the game. You can do that by right-clicking the game on Steam Library and selecting Delete Local Content. Delete all folders related to the game that remains after the uninstallation. The folders that might have files inside:
Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
Epic: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord
C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord

Note: You'll need to allow Windows to display hidden folders and files to see the ProgramData folder and its contents.

I just found out. They are in documents>Mount and Blade 2 Bannerlord>Games saves>Native. So I just copied them and put them on a folder on my desktop.

The crash id suggest that the game is crashing while reading XML files. You could try a clean install.
So I have no idea what "Delete Local Content" is so I just went; rightclick on bannerlord>manage>Uninstall. Then I went through the folders and deleted any game files I found. Now I'm re-installing it.

I don't want to make a new post because it will clog up the system but this is a issue I have so please help. I have provided whatever information asked and I tried all the steps and it did not work.

Back
Top Bottom