Can't publish mod on Steam workshop

Users who are viewing this thread

grdlz

Recruit
Greetings good sers !

When I try to publish my mod with cmd, i get a "couldn't find configuration file" error and the process immediately "finished...", I triple checked every path and xml files, any idea what could be wrong ?

My Bannerlord game and the modding tools are the same version (V1.0)
I've checked all the modules files structure and .xml code for error, but everything seems to be in order.

All the best !

Last edited:
Solution
Greetings good sers !

I can't publish the mod I've just created on Steam Workshop. I've been following the guide provided by TW on their website ("Uploading/Updating a Mod") step by step and tried everything but it's not working.

First step : when I open the 'publish module' window in the modding toolkit, I can select "client", "dedicated server "and "editor" but can't select the module in the drop down menu above.
Not even Native nor Sandbox appear, and clicking on the arrow doesnt do anything.

When I click on "publish", I can choose the directory where the module is to be created, but nothing appears there.

Second step : I tried to skip the first step and try my luck with the steamworkshop .XML upload file...
Greetings good sers !

I can't publish the mod I've just created on Steam Workshop. I've been following the guide provided by TW on their website ("Uploading/Updating a Mod") step by step and tried everything but it's not working.

First step : when I open the 'publish module' window in the modding toolkit, I can select "client", "dedicated server "and "editor" but can't select the module in the drop down menu above.
Not even Native nor Sandbox appear, and clicking on the arrow doesnt do anything.

When I click on "publish", I can choose the directory where the module is to be created, but nothing appears there.

Second step : I tried to skip the first step and try my luck with the steamworkshop .XML upload file, but when I press Enter in the Cmd, this message appears "couldn't find configuration file", and the process stops.

My Bannerlord game and the modding tools are the same version (V1.0)
I've checked all the modules files structure and .xml code for error, but everything seems to be in order.

Can anyone help me??

My carolingian mod is a very simple reskin, which only changes the "spnpccharacters.xml". It's already tested and working! I just can't share it :/

If you've already managed to publish a mod on steam workshop, I'll gladly send to you my module file, so it can be shared with the community ! No credits needed :smile:

The aim is solely to change the look of a few units and make them look as 9th century european factions, inspired by Charlemagne Total war Attila campaign.

Vlandians > Frankish empire
Battanians > Westphalia (saxons)
Sturgians > Vikings
Aserai > Cordoba emirates
Empire > Eastern roman empire
Khuzaits > Avars

No change to the vanilla gameplay, troop trees, or balance, so the mod shoud be usable with any savegame and almost any other mod.

I hope to be able to share it soon with y'all !

All the best !
Taleworlds opened a BL-Steam-Workshop thread in the #General channel of their Mount & Blade Modding Discord. You might find your answers there.

Upvote 0
Solution
Back
Top Bottom