Official Release

Users who are viewing this thread

Congratulations on releasing Bannerlord.
Still getting my head around the switch from e1.9.0 to v1.0.0 - IIRC most early access mods didn't bother with the "e" prefix when describing version compatability.

Hmmm, seems older versions prior to e1.8.1 have been wiped, making older version mods obsolete. That may cause some transition problems.
e is before v so it looks normal

True. I'm just concerned about the older versions having been culled from Steam's beta downloads.
Yeah, I don't understand that decision much, there doesn't seem to be a point to it.
I don't think keeping the beta patches would've hurt anyone.

Isnt there still this major mod breaking bug about wanderer limits or something? Also what about broken elections causing a single clan owning an entire conquered kingdom because they were bordering it?

Isnt there still this major mod breaking bug about wanderer limits or something? Also what about broken elections causing a single clan owning an entire conquered kingdom because they were bordering it?

i think they left all these fixes up to the mods now.

as long as they don't keep breaking them with updates now it'll be progress.

True. I'm just concerned about the older versions having been culled from Steam's beta downloads.
1.8.1 and 1.9 are still there for me. I don't see much point in keeping versions older than that, aside from mods but people just need to update their mods ffs. Isn't there also a limit on the number of versions that can be kept on steam? So as the game continues to be updated those old versions would have been removed anyway.

Glad to see this day come but it feels a bit anti-climatic having been on the beta versions with every one else for so long.

Hoping to see some of the larger bugs fixed and AI & Campaign improvements implemented in short order, but also looking forward to more siege features, criminal enterprises, and the future.

The stability should also help with the modding community, I totally understand why so many modders gave up when we were getting version bumps every few weeks at one point.

It wasn't the prettiest, but for my part, I enjoyed interacting with the devs and seeing the game continue to progress forward even if it was not to everyone's satisfaction. You guys (TaleWorlds) are still absolute madmen for in-house porting for all of the consoles, that is a huge feat you do not really see much in industry (AFAIK)

ive seen so many mods that released about year ago which didn't get updates beyond a few days.

some of them quite popular.

i have no idea why they do this.
A lot of people gave up as the updates to the game kept breaking mods. Some stopped updating until the full stable release. Others just lost interest in the game or just abandoned the mods for whatever reason. It's why it can be really annoying having to rely on mods for features. But hopefully now that the game should be relatively stable that won't be an issue anymore.

Thanks for confirming what I already know regarding the multiplayer mode's imbalancing in that archers being OP and the skewed faction "balance" being intentional. I honestly wanna know the reason behind the intentional imbalancing in Bannerlord, because at least in games like Bandai Namco Studios' SoulCalibur VI and Tripwire Interactive's Killing Floor 2, they can vaguely justify their respective imbalances as an attempt to sell a product.

Only thing I can think of regarding the game's imbalancing is that it's supposed to fit the narrative from Bannerlord to Warband (Vlandia eventually becomes Swadia, Calradian Empire eventually collapses), though this does not explain Battania actually being a good faction when they eventually fade into obscurity when Warband rolls around.

I wanna think that the issue of class spam can at least be fixed by adding class limits to server hosting tools, with 25% for Archers and 40% for Cavalry being the default value that would be applied to TaleWorlds servers.

If i wanted to play a shooter, Gundam Evolution exists.

So wait a console got voice acting before us? You’ve got to be f kidding me
Corrected the bullet point to reflect it more clearly:
  • Introduced voice-over content for the main storyline and greeting dialogues. In the future, all cultures will have unique voices. (Please note that Xbox and Windows Store build do not yet have voice-overs. However, we're working towards enabling them on all platforms as soon as possible.)

• Introduced voice-over content for the main storyline and greeting dialogues. In the future, all cultures will have unique voices. (Please note that Xbox and Windows Store build do not yet have voice-overs. However, we're working towards enabling them on all platforms as soon as possible.)
Multiplayer Crashes, Dejan?

Can you please make bannerlord cross-play for custom servers with xbox, pc, and, PS, and make matchmaking matches with xbox and PS players ?

Hopefully the near future. Aserai with Welsh accents are pretty hilarious

Had to make an account just to say that I'll be sure to never 'pay' for another taleworlds game, and I'm passing the good word along to a substantial amount of people. So I hope that even the slightest little cut in future profits hurts. Speaking from someone who played the OG mount and blade, you guys really subverted my expectations with how big of a 180 your company did. Just another faceless corp, not the one we once knew.

Back
Top Bottom