If no nerfs for Fians or Khan's Guard then..

Users who are viewing this thread

Sorry, but I can't help but chime in.

Not at all - there's a reason why logic's time and time again affirmed to be the core knowledge to deal with programming at any levels. In that regard I was always pristine, my limitations with coding are much more about my disorder combined with my personality.
It's been proven time and time again that your logical ability is not as "pristine" as you think. This thread for example. You failed to understand why your suggestion is problematic and impractical from the technical side despite me and several other people already explaining why.

You talk about game design being "serious business" that shouldn't be underestimated. Alright. Sure. I agree with that sentiment. In general, respecting other jobs is the right thing to do... but you don't do that. You talk **** about Taleworld's work all the time, and you underestimate engineering by saying you can master it in a few weeks and you just don't want to. On top of that, you keep insulting other people by saying they lack education. You're literally doing the very same thing you're complaining about.

If you've actually ever worked in this industry, you'd know that "designers" with no technical skills is a cancer. Not that I demand all designers to come from technical background, no. Good designers have the common sense to consult with technical experts while making their design, which, in order to be successful, needs to be in a respectful manner... which, again, you don't do. You don't take people's inputs and only press your own ideas. You even have the audacity to assume people read all of your posts by always saying "I've already said such and such".

Respect and good manner is not just for "dealing with snowflakes." It has practical functions. :smile:

Sorry, but I can't help but chime in.

It's been proven time and time again that your logical ability is not as "pristine" as you think. This thread for example. You failed to understand why your suggestion is problematic and impractical from the technical side despite me and several other people already explaining why.

You talk about game design being "serious business" that shouldn't be underestimated. Alright. Sure. I agree with that sentiment. In general, respecting other jobs is the right thing to do... but you don't do that. You talk **** about Taleworld's work all the time, and you underestimate engineering by saying you can master it in a few weeks and you just don't want to. On top of that, you keep insulting other people by saying they lack education. You're literally doing the very same thing you're complaining about.

If you've actually ever worked in this industry, you'd know that "designers" with no technical skills is a cancer. Not that I demand all designers to come from technical background, no. Good designers have the common sense to consult with technical experts while making their design, which, in order to be successful, needs to be in a respectful manner... which, again, you don't do. You don't take people's inputs and only press your own ideas. You even have the audacity to assume people read all of your posts by always saying "I've already said such and such".

Respect and good manner is not just for "dealing with snowflakes." It has practical functions. :smile:
they didn't have a GDD, and they didn't have deadlines. That shows a lack of a lead game designer, or at least a proper one, it also shows poor management - if we play numbers games back in 2017 any board for a open shares company would've likely made some heads roll, specially those in leadership positions.
What's in question here is more or less a take on art vs design - which's why I brought up the conceptual question of what defines a good designer. If you know that, than you'll understand my beef with them, but not because I'm the enemy, but because I'm a fan and as such wanted the best for them and for myself with a good product to enjoy.
Than my bitterness over them is how they've disregarded the community in general on multiple levels with false information / bait & switch / ignoring feedback / absolutely zero PR management for most of the past decade, so on so forth.
They've sent repeated 'effe yous' to every single sub-group of their own community incessantly, the last one being the game being released before it's finished after a decade packed with delays and cuts. So I'm not sorry for demanding top of the art results from them, it's the least they should have done since they are providing an incomplete game, at bare minimum what they are providing should be perfect.

Want to dig another needless fight to brazen your fragile ego? fine, but at least know what you are talking about first.

they didn't have a GDD, and they didn't have deadlines.
According to who? Such documents are for internal use and not for outsiders, so just because there's no open access to those information doesn't mean they don't exist. Did a developer come out and say Taleworlds didn't have a GDD and deadlines? Or any other source? I'm legit asking btw.

According to who? Such documents are for internal use and not for outsiders, so just because there's no open access to those information doesn't mean they don't exist. Did a developer come out and say Taleworlds didn't have a GDD and deadlines? Or any other source? I'm legit asking btw.
look up the forums, it was openly stated by them, I'm not going to do that for you.

look up the forums, it was openly stated by them, I'm not going to do that for you.
The forums are big and you're the one who knows the words said to use as keywords. If this is just another one of your "I'm too smart to cite my sources" tantrums, I'm just going to discard what you've said as another case of you talking out of your ass.

The forums are big and you're the one who knows the words said to use as keywords. If this is just another one of your "I'm too smart to cite my sources" tantrums, I'm just going to discard what you've said as another case of you talking out of your ass.
The problem with delusion is people rarely know they're living in one and it's impossible to rationalize with them.

The problem with delusion is people rarely know they're living in one and it's impossible to rationalize with them.
the real question is: is it me who's delusional or grank? - gl trying to figure that out
I'm not seeking approval nor do I feel the need to prove anything to you in particular - that's the toe of being poignant and annoying towards someone. Don't wanna believe me? Not my problem, really. As I mentioned previously: know that song from Rage Against the Machine? there you go
Bottom line is the information is here for anyone willing to find it and my replies were about my reasons

Or maybe there are two truths but you only want to see one.
Idk I played roguery playthrough with all factions at war with me and experienced whole factions following me out of my scouting vision (250+). I have a fair share of 50 hours of runing away from those parties (even tho I was on the opposite side of kingdom they still kept coming for me). I can make a video to prove it to you if don't believe me. Was on 1.8.1 beta. Doubt it's fixed.

Idk I played roguery playthrough with all factions at war with me and experienced whole factions following me out of my scouting vision (250+). I have a fair share of 50 hours of runing away from those parties (even tho I was on the opposite side of kingdom they still kept coming for me). I can make a video to prove it to you if don't believe me. Was on 1.8.1 beta. Doubt it's fixed.
When it's player vs AI, yes the AI will have a tendency to cheat. When it's AI vs AI they're bound to the same rules as the player with no scouting. In the scenario I described it's AI vs AI. I think the reason they enable the AI to cheat against the player is because the player is overpowered. Now I'm not saying I agree with the AI cheating but I think it's set up that way to level the playing field but they do it in a very odd way. The should should just strengthen AI nobles so they don't have to cheat.

When it's player vs AI, yes the AI will have a tendency to cheat. When it's AI vs AI they're bound to the same rules as the player with no scouting. In the scenario I described it's AI vs AI. I think the reason they enable the AI to cheat against the player is because the player is overpowered. Now I'm not saying I agree with the AI cheating but I think it's set up that way to level the playing field but they do it in a very odd way. The should should just strengthen AI nobles so they don't have to cheat.
Ah fair, I didn't see that post mentioning AI vs AI. When it comes to that I didn't notice anything out of order.

a more realistic take's not that it is made so the playing field is leveled but rather to do with the fact that they are sugar coating the poor quality of the overall game on a macro perspective through artificial difficulty, artificial time sinking and artificial grinding. Making AI work like that forces more grind which distracts us from the lacking/poor quality of numerous other parts of the game.
the reason I've noticed this since EA release's because I'm a insane person that plays the game until I can understand all of it's cracks and nuances from a player perspective. So I've felt it early on and still feel it despite their constant masking with arbitrary balancing and decisions.
To play a game for over 14 hundred hours that you only slightly find enjoyable is insane and I do recognize it

Honestly I myself have no problem with cheats for AI if these cheats were to make them more competent. Don't get me wrong, them making the AI better is always the optimal thing, but I don't mind the AI having semi-omniscience (or maybe it's telepathy?), them respawning with only a few free troops, their troops getting more exp from auto-resolve, etc., as long as the cheats themselves aren't bull**** for making the enemy artificially stronger like enemy units taking %20 less damage or attacking 10% faster, and so on.

I wouldn't mind if TW for example made it so that the AI gets +x% more tax revenue from fiefs or gets a -y% discount in garrison costs as long as they "balance" it by for example making clans & kingdoms bankrupting have an actually meaningful effect (like them offering a white peace to player even if they were winning the war, or hired minor factions switching to the enemy's side because they're not getting paid anymore).

Last edited:
Honestly I myself have no problem with cheats for AI if these cheats were to make them more competent. Don't get me wrong, them making the AI better is always the optimal thing, but I don't mind the AI having semi-omniscience (or maybe it's telepathy?), them respawning with only a few free troops, their troops getting more exp from auto-resolve, etc., as long as the cheats themselves aren't bull**** for making the enemy artificially stronger like enemy units taking %20 less damage or attacking 10% faster, and so on.

I wouldn't mind if TW for example made it so that the AI gets +x% more tax revenue from fiefs or gets a -y% discount in garrison costs as long as they "balance" it by for example making clans & kingdoms bankrupting have an actually meaningful effect (like them offering a white peace to player even if they were winning the war, or hired minor factions switching to the enemy's side because they're not getting paid anymore).
idk, I'm rather have a more "organic" AI as means of better accommodating the RTS side of the game. I can work with cheaty AI as long as it's masked enough and packed with enough features to bring some level of "chess" to the overall experience. If I don't have to think and the AI always behaves the same way while also cheating it simply feels robotic and artificial, makes for a poor overall gaming experience.

Try the infamous "auto-resolve only" run and you'll quickly notice how boring the game becomes.

Back
Top Bottom