Custom Servers & Multiplayer Modding

Users who are viewing this thread

Dejan

Community Manager
Greetings!

We’re excited to be one step closer to the full release of our game. Today, we’re making custom server files available to everyone!

Custom servers can be used to set up your own multiplayer games, host events, have fun with your clan or just mess around with your friends on your own terms. Once installed and hosted, they appear on our in-game server list. Anyone can then join the server and play.

You, as a server owner, can host all the different game modes we have and determine various settings such as server password, teams, maps, map time limits and more.

1_vv8m86jcdUpRWbFeKtkwnnku--iPyWY1Un50UkEKFI3Jz-ZgrvWPZk4yLcWU2pcd-HpvvNsVgdhgeqQ7rUc2pEP3LvUnwh6AnmPHigcXBYr3MxqzNdwttiMS8qeDT29P5NeVzt3CbKg8FuLOhYk1Tb7VpJLvyIxalTxG3idDKum86L1cqjq2xXuQ

The custom server files can be downloaded and kept up to date through Steam. This guide explains how to download the files, how to set up the server configuration and how to host your own games. It also includes an FAQ which should have answers to many of your questions.

Administration of the server is possible through the server console as well as a web-based panel that is part of the custom server files and can be accessed during runtime from anywhere.

2O8YXswwXmCQegBMHXwbiy8U-02n5TuHOqvkG2zaDsFFjtL0qhXgr3Z9s-Qdo4ajxx0nyHLqSm05Pkj5ML-rjaA-Te_6EUBUNvD-JRb2uUt_qVLB27y2-Vv2__ckA-vxGnPVj7qyCSvjqYXoaWCfCzQ12o63pGg9WGV-2vp3yyWhfaCYBdZ_wiP4jw

This release also opens up the gates to multiplayer modding. Besides being able to tweak weapon, armour, class, etc. values, modders will be able to introduce new game modes and systems. We have prepared a guide on creating your own game mode here. You’ll also find an example mod included in the guide, allowing you to get up to speed with how things work.

Modders can now also design and create new multiplayer maps. You can get started on them with the help of this guide. A new module called DedicatedCustomServerHelper allows for custom maps to be downloaded directly via the server browser - so make sure to enable it!

ZMqAWSVTxjLMmsAebpba2OgkzK9QlVAaTuJywu6vX0LWWF3I_ffudEfmAS7MoeBZ_D7ELncxFkRa4F0I4hLHoIygtiXYzazqmN5bL6EocSk_65947OuPWo58SFHJHBQ3DuzuK0MlNn6UJ0zBzGCR0Y50OBZFJqlo9Y7YJ5nCUxtC87NYqaKv3HIEqw

We hope you’ll have fun with the new features and are interested in any feedback you might have for us. We would also like to thank our community members that have been part of the closed custom servers test.

Needs more options for class limits. I bought this game out of the expectation that i'd be playing a medieval game. That Other Game is currently better at fulfilling that niche and if i wanted to play a shooter, Gundam Evolution exists.

Honestly, i think as far as mods go, the one i wanna see the most is a more balanced version of Vanilla. Ideally, such a mod should take vanilla Battania as a balancing point

The custom server files can be downloaded and kept up to date through Steam. This guide explains how to download the files, how to set up the server configuration and how to host your own games. It also includes an FAQ which should have answers to many of your questions.

I noticed this guide has an error in it, when it mentions the file paths for the token folder it uses Documents\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Tokens it should instead say Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Tokens . It wont work with the &, also I'd like to suggest that it automatically create the folder when you start Mount & Blade II Dedicated Server in case your hosting on another computer.

Honestly, i think as far as mods go, the one i wanna see the most is a more balanced version of Vanilla. Ideally, such a mod should take vanilla Battania as a balancing point
Replying to self because I wonder if someone would also try and make a Bandit faction for a vanilla rebalance.

Could we get a bit more clarity on how to get the Helper working.
First of all when I follow the link in the console it doesn't seem to do anything. How do we ensure the module is enabled on the server for starters - if I try join with the module enabled on the client it states 'Module Mismatch'.

Additionally, is there a list of the map names for setting the correct map for each game mode.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom