SP - General Lords should only recruit from their own faction

Users who are viewing this thread

Its something you are going to have to get used to with the new clans system. Each clan has multiple family members who can all lead a party when one of their members loses their parties, for each faction your going to have about 27 parties you have to actively fight and ~20 reinforcements that can start new parties when an active party goes down (and thats before each factions ~20 kids at the start of the game grow up, plus any newborns throughout the playthrough). Just have an understanding that the average army has maybe 5-10 parties in it, so you have to defeat 3-6 armies to get through the active parties, meanwhile reinforcements will start new parties when their family members get defeated and will take troops from their garrisons and start recruiting new troops often on their way to their next battle or army formation. So really your going to have to defeat 5-10+ armies to even start making a dent into their garrisons plus whatever they can recruit from villages. Bannerlord is slog of constant battles and a single large fight will make little difference.

If you actually pay attention to the story the empire hires other factions to help with their battles, like how they hired the aserai and vlandia to help against the battanians and sturgia. The aserai got slaughtered and the Vlandias decided not to help once they saw the battle start to go south. But the empire has always outsourced its fighters, so not sure what your point is there. Regardless of lore they are going to do their best to maintain their party levels whereever they are located, so if they are traveling through batannia to fight vlandia they are going to pick up some batannian troops.
I did pay attention to the story that is exactly why there is an issue.

Not to mention one of the mechanics is improving relations with notables and villages so you can recruit troops...

When you're at war against their Nation you would think your relationship with them would be deteriorated so they would not want to work with you. I can see recruiting in Nations during peacetimes but during conflict it should not be an option. Unless you are doing the negative assault on the village where you're forced recruiting

I did pay attention to the story that is exactly why there is an issue.

Not to mention one of the mechanics is improving relations with notables and villages so you can recruit troops...

When you're at war against their Nation you would think your relationship with them would be deteriorated so they would not want to work with you. I can see recruiting in Nations during peacetimes but during conflict it should not be an option. Unless you are doing the negative assault on the village where you're forced recruiting
Almost positive AI dont recruit from villages they are at war with, if they are thats a bug and should be reported. But if you are seeing troops from a different nation there is a chance they are recruited from being prisoners or left over from when a faction wasn't at war.

+1

I'd take it a step further: Recruiting from the notable pool should only be possible for the lord who owns the bound caste / town or the faction leader which the lord belongs to. These are his/her levies. Nothing makes me more mad than seeing random lords empty all MY villages of recruits.

Hostile / neutral lords still have the option of forcing villages to provide troops, which incurs a relationship penalty. Maybe add a new notable for "adventurer" troops who are volunteers and can be recruited by anyone, including the player as a neutral option. They should upgrade into merc soldiers.

So we'd mainly see faction specific troops + mercs in every army, which is far more immersive, until settlements start changing hands and notables provide troops for their new overlord.

+1

I'd take it a step further: Recruiting from the notable pool should only be possible for the lord who owns the bound caste / town or the faction leader which the lord belongs to. These are his/her levies. Nothing makes me more mad than seeing random lords empty all MY villages of recruits.

Hostile / neutral lords still have the option of forcing villages to provide troops, which incurs a relationship penalty. Maybe add a new notable for "adventurer" troops who are volunteers and can be recruited by anyone, including the player as a neutral option. They should upgrade into merc soldiers.

So we'd mainly see faction specific troops + mercs in every army, which is far more immersive, until settlements start changing hands and notables provide troops for their new overlord.
Maybe add a new notable for "adventurer" troops who are volunteers and can be recruited by anyone,

That is a great idea

It's bizarre that you can recruit from villages even when you're at war with that faction.
Forcing villagers to give recruits should be the only option in this situation.

It's bizarre that you can recruit from villages even when you're at war with that faction.
Forcing villagers to give recruits should be the only option in this situation.
You need high relations for it though, which works well enough. The medieval era was full of situations where troops were recruited from nominally enemy factions because someone liked their "enemy" more than their sovereign.

Back
Top Bottom