SP - General Some thoughts on equipment and adjustments

Users who are viewing this thread

DatBoiCV93

Recruit
Greetings!

First off, let me say that i am overall very happy and pleased with the armor combinations and choices of weapons for the units throughout the troop trees in Bannerlord. I think they look great, and they make sense most of the time. However i could not avoid noticing that some wonderful-looking weapons and armor has not (yet) replaced equipment that seems to fit better in the troop tree than existing ones. What i mean is equipment that mainly belongs to one faction themewise, but is used by troops in other factions as well. For immersions sake i have a few suggestions to change this. In the end TW makes their own choices on how they want their factions to look, so i only hope my ideas are considered or pondered upon.

Aserai
My suggestion here is to give the foot-archers the "Nomad" and "Tribesman" bow. These are thematically Aserai bows, and fit great with the theme of the bedouins. Dont get me wrong - the Steppe recurve bow is both realistic and a good choice - but for diversion (and to distinguish them from the Khuzaits Marksmen and Imperial Bucellarii) and immersions sake it would be great.

Battania
Replace the current "Helmet with faceguard"-variations with the Steel,- and brass helmets with horsehair your added several patches ago. These are so good, and could most certainly replace the helmets currently used by the Battanian Scout, Horseman and Wildling. The current helmet in use is an empire one mainly, and is also used on Bucellarrii and Triarii.

Vlandia
Here i would simply love to see the Mail Shoulders on the banner knights. Maybe also for variations sake the Knight helmet / Brass Knight helmet on the actual t4 Knight? Thankfully the issues regarding the Banner Knights (such as their boots) was resolved some patches ago.

Khuzait
Mainly a bit of swapping around on the Helmets. The "Helmet with facemask" could for example only be on the Khans Guard as a sign of rank and prestige. Id also love to see some variations on the helmets on the lancers, such as the furred vendel helmet or the noble lancer helmet with neckguard. and perhaps give the current one to the Darkhan. These are great helmets, and seeing them only on nobles feels a bit of a waste of potential to me.

Empire
to me looks great. No big needs here. Perhaps give the Elite Cataphract the correct gloves and boots to match their shoulder-armor.

(Sturgia generally needs a little overhaul and buff in my opinion. But thats outside of the scope here. I trust TW has their own ideas here!)

Whether the existing use of equipment is liable to change or not only future patches will tell, but if i am so lucky as to get the attention of one off the wonderful developers on this post to consider my suggestions, i would be a happy Khuzait! These are only my personal suggestions, and i understand every player has their own opinion and thoughts.

Last edited:
Greetings!

First off, let me say that i am overall very happy and pleased with the armor combinations and choices of weapons for the units throughout the troop trees in Bannerlord. I think they look great, and they make sense most of the time. However i could not avoid noticing that some wonderful-looking weapons and armor has not (yet) replaced equipment that seems to fit better in the troop tree than existing ones. What i mean is equipment that mainly belongs to one faction themewise, but is used by troops in other factions as well. For immersions sake i have a few suggestions to change this. In the end TW makes their own choices on how they want their factions to look, so i only hope my ideas are considered or pondered upon.

Aserai
My suggestion here is to give the foot-archers the "Nomad" and "Tribesman" bow. These are thematically Aserai bows, and fit great with the theme of the bedouins. Dont get me wrong - the Steppe recurve bow is both realistic and a good choice - but for diversion (and to distinguish them from the Khuzaits Marksmen and Imperial Bucellarii) and immersions sake it would be great.
Ehh... longbows just aren't an Arab thing, so nah to that.

Battania
Replace the current "Helmet with faceguard"-variations with the Steel,- and brass helmets with horsehair your added several patches ago. These are so good, and could most certainly replace the helmets currently used by the Battanian Scout, Horseman and Wildling. The current helmet in use is an empire one mainly, and is also used on Bucellarrii and Triarii.
Its probably going to happen, but I'd hate it frankly. Those helmets are too Gallic for Battania's Brythonic Celtic thing. And to me they look too small and I don't really like them anyway.

These are only my personal suggestions, and i understand every player has their own opinion and thoughts.
Yeah, and I think at this point vanilla troops just aren't worth dealing with.

Back
Top Bottom