Is there a possibility of adding sexism to Bannerlord?

Users who are viewing this thread

Totalgarbage

Sergeant Knight
While this was a really minor feature in warband, it added some flavour to the social aspects game by making all male lords making some sexist remarks when they talk to you + the player requiring higher renown for becoming a vassal. While I don't care about the higher renown because I believe that the game is already grindy enough in that aspect, I think adding new text to male lords speaking down to a female player character would make the game more colourful. If people want playing as a woman to be more challenging, there are alternative ways such as decreasing the party size increase from reaching tier 1 & tier 2 clan ranks and then equalizing it with extra party size increase in tiers 3 & 4.

Of course, this is not the only way that flavour can be added to the game. One great way of adding it would be having randomized hometowns/villages within the culture for companions and the companions starting dialogue detailing the lore of the place. This lore already exists in the encyclopaedia, where only a handful of people will read. Injecting this lore and also having companion dialogues would bring a good deal of life into an otherwise colourless world.

In WB, playing different sex had distinctive experience. Unfortunately, this is not a thing in BL although Callum said it would be before EA release.

I am sure TW won't add this into the game. But i am sure there will be mods for this. I am in dire need of BL gameplay overhaul which takes its inspiration from WB.

The tricky part is making it meaningful if they decide to add it. For example, they could increase the influence cost for calling Lords to your armies and higher costs for settlement ownership votes. But I'm lost on how to make it actually profound rather than grindy.

The game would need to add person-person relationship first. It'd be pretty silly if an entire clan dislikes your entire clan because they meet your female character, instead of just that one sexist dude against your one sexy player.

Also, it'd be fun if we can be the one committing the sexism with all these warrior ladies running around.

It'd be a great depth piece. It was a distinct feeling in WB where you'd get either straight up disrespected or mistreated and needed to build up way more renown or notoriety (whatever the other effect was) in addition to relationship with the counterpoint being you could marry into a Kingdom or marry a Claimant and get all of their land too (and all the marriage proposals lol).

The ability to be a straight up ******* to the ladies and tie into more perk / RP choices would add some notable depth to the game - that should extend to notables and companions as well - this also really begs for an all-female (or predominantly female) Minor Faction now that Sword Sisters are back......

Because you of course have never said anything on this forum to suggest you might harbour deep seated misogyny.

Absolutely never. Nope.
b6075f351e09bf409b0ae0d4a18bc591f0bd1f20.gifv

So long as there is that 'positive' sexism too where becoming renowned enough as a lady gets you hordes of them simps.

Oh and I guess being able to turn it off because you don't feel like it.

Yeah, being able to turn it off would be fair, I agree. I also like your other idea as well, starting out as a woman should be more difficult and a society dominated by men should be reluctant to listen to you or see you as their equal at the start, but the late game of "womanhood" should be more powerful. Technically this was the case in Warband, since if you married a male lord you would get their fiefs for free as well iirc, and as a result, playing as female was the stronger option.

Back
Top Bottom