Steam page "release plans" update but no forum post? SHAME SHAME SHAME! Here it is

Users who are viewing this thread

Armagan is the final decision-maker at TW. However, much we have invested time in M&B it bears no relation to his investment - it's his life's work.
I'll honestly never fully understand your choice towards defending their flaws, although yes, there should be no sense of entitlement towards it, doesn't mean they are making the smartest choices. The truth is BL's a poor quality game and I don't really like it (that means I like bits and pieces of the game but the overall experience I find to be really bad), if their vision for it is that than I'll eventually move on and give up on trying to help, maybe some mod manages to catch me back, maybe not, the only thing I'll be certain of is that they don't really deserve my support if it comes to that and they'll make into a list of developers I don't care about nor buy their stuff, but if I were to fall in line and accept what you were saying, that process would be instant - because me stopping criticizing them would mean I stopped caring, and if I stop caring it's buhbye TW for me.
The question is, do you believe you're defending them by encouraging me to stop caring, or are you secretly trying to sabotage them by making me stop caring? Because if I do, I'll be gone, that's certain

if I were to fall in line and accept what you were saying, that process would be instant - because me stopping criticizing them would mean I stopped caring, and if I stop caring i
I haven't asked you to fall into line, or do anything. I've merely pointed out that they do listen but make their own choices. And while recognising their right to make their own choices, I don't agree with all of them. IMO TW are too focused on what lies under the game's hood, chasing complex code/technical dreams at the expense of simple integrated gameplay.

I would like to see a change in losing workshops while doing mercenary work. I lost 3 business best the faction i was fighting for declared war on the faction i had workshop and the made peace almost immediately. A warning or a choice pop up to leave the faction. its cost 110000gold the loss and rebuy and the cost of my army after losing to shop. I am playing ironman so there is no reload.

I haven't asked you to fall into line, or do anything. I've merely pointed out that they do listen but make their own choices. And while recognising their right to make their own choices, I don't agree with all of them. IMO TW are too focused on what lies under the game's hood, chasing complex code/technical dreams at the expense of simple integrated gameplay.
fair enough
I would like to see a change in losing workshops while doing mercenary work. I lost 3 business best the faction i was fighting for declared war on the faction i had workshop and the made peace almost immediately. A warning or a choice pop up to leave the faction. its cost 110000gold the loss and rebuy and the cost of my army after losing to shop. I am playing ironman so there is no reload.
that's part of their arbitrary rules that affect the player exclusively. In theory all clans should be able to own caravans and enterprises, but that never made it into the game (it was implied by the first few statements they made about how the game would work where AI and PC would follow more or less the exact same landscape - at this point I strongly believe that will never happen)

It's probably tied towards being within a faction and being within a faction makes no distinction of "mercenary" or "vassal" on many mechanics - once you are "included" you become subject to the same rules. I too would like that change but than again I don't see much point in it considering enterprises are such low value, even overtime. It would be best if your income was instead sequestrated as it used to be in Warband though...

fair enough

that's part of their arbitrary rules that affect the player exclusively. In theory all clans should be able to own caravans and enterprises, but that never made it into the game (it was implied by the first few statements they made about how the game would work where AI and PC would follow more or less the exact same landscape - at this point I strongly believe that will never happen)

It's probably tied towards being within a faction and being within a faction makes no distinction of "mercenary" or "vassal" on many mechanics - once you are "included" you become subject to the same rules. I too would like that change but than again I don't see much point in it considering enterprises are such low value, even overtime. It would be best if your income was instead sequestrated as it used to be in Warband though...
Wish it was more warband like the business with upgrades and unaffected by who's side you're on. I started another game and don't want to use black smith i really can't stand it. To me it's the most boring thing in the game but it's the best way to make lots and lots money. I may try caravans again but last time i pay for the best, but they get taken out pretty quick and the investment is lost.

Wish it was more warband like the business with upgrades and unaffected by who's side you're on. I started another game and don't want to use black smith i really can't stand it. To me it's the most boring thing in the game but it's the best way to make lots and lots money. I may try caravans again but last time i pay for the best, but they get taken out pretty quick and the investment is lost.
they've added a new cheat that unlocks all smithing parts - my recommendation? Use that instead, at least it'll save you from the ridiculous click simulator and you'll be able to fill orders immediately
To me the entire progression of the game's boring - going from lvl 1 to "anything useful" is one of the most excrutiatingly annoying things to do once we start. XP rates are too low, certain skills virtually demand us to exploit to even be able to level on a reasonable time frame... Than we have to endure the nuissance it is farming looters, gangs and other shenanigans because arena XP's crap...
I just experienced my disgust towards the base game due to 1.9 and the mods I consider the most essential not being updated yet - I can't play more than 10 minutes before I rage quit out of boredom due to the slow progression

----

At this point I believe the xp rates should be more flat and with 2x up to 5x the rate it is. - so doing arena 5 to 10 times will get you into a "capable" fighter situation while passive increases become a little bit more rewarding and significant. As is we have to grind 100 arenas 50 tournaments and a billion looter fights to even reach 150 on a skill depending on the build - I mean, base rates take us hours to level properly

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom