Steam page "release plans" update but no forum post? SHAME SHAME SHAME! Here it is

Users who are viewing this thread

Well he sure makes up for it in the amount and size of posts lately! I think you're crossing a line of civility by speculating about someone's physical condition. It's pretty far from discussing Bannerlord and I have a hard time seeing it as anything more the flamebaiting.
I don't think I really gave any other image in these past few conversations. I genuinely refuse to consider the idea that some people genuinely think that some people don't actually deserve a port. You're trolling. Hahaha. Trolling.

I genuinely refuse to consider the idea that some people genuinely think that some people don't actually deserve a port.
Why the hell not? You are buying a closed box which is incapable of being upgraded, refusing you to use a third party program other than its software and crippling most of the modding capabilities. I am not just talking about BL but gaming in general.

Everyone can do whatever they want, of course but that does not mean I would respect what they do.

Why the hell not? You are buying a closed box which is incapable of being upgraded, refusing you to use a third party program other than its software and crippling most of the modding capabilities. I am not just talking about BL but gaming in general.

Everyone can do whatever they want, of course but that does not mean I would respect what they do.
What are you talking about, respect what they do. Are you saying that you don't respect people using consoles? Please tell me that you are taking the piss right now.

If this is the genuine attitude on the forums, can any of you actually be shocked that TW isn't going to listen to you.

Are you saying that you don't respect people using consoles?
This can be a language barrier or something? Maybe respect can be a strong word in English, I do not know. How can I explain this?
You can have a best friend in your life but you can hate/not like that friend for particular thing that they do like purchasing a console or purchasing a iphone :LOL:. I hate that company.

Edit:
can any of you actually be shocked that TW isn't going to listen to you.
I get used to TW not listening to people here long time ago before any of this console port discussion arised in the forum.

Second edit:
Please tell me that you are taking the piss right now.
I am taking Jägermeister, Vodka and a little bit of soda right now. Oh god, this is really good stuff. 🥂

Last edited:
What are you talking about, respect what they do. Are you saying that you don't respect people using consoles? Please tell me that you are taking the piss right now.
He is being serious.
If this is the genuine attitude on the forums, can any of you actually be shocked that TW isn't going to listen to you.
I'm surprised you've been around this long and haven't realized that a lot of the people who go hard on PC vs. consoles are for real crazy.

I'm surprised you've been around this long and haven't realized that a lot of the people who go hard on PC vs. consoles are for real crazy.
I didn't think people would actually be taking this position and think that they're sane. Genuinely do you expect to be taken seriously when this is the argument.

This can be a language barrier or something? Maybe respect can be a strong word in English, I do not know. How can I explain this?
You can have a best friend in your life but you can hate/not like that friend for particular thing that they do like purchasing a console or purchasing a iphone :LOL:. I hate that company.

Edit:

I get used to TW not listening to people here long time ago before any of this console port discussion arised in the forum.

Second edit:

I am taking Jägermeister, Vodka and a little bit of soda right now. Oh god, this is really good stuff. 🥂
I'd correct you on your second statement: TW hasn't been listening to us since 2016 when their release announcement first flopped - they did pretend to be open to it for a while, but not a few days into EA they were already on full ignore with almost "bot-like" replies from their ppl towards bug reports saying "QA is looking into it" - some of these issues have being looked at by their QA since 2020 and still no fix on the horizon

a lot of the people who go hard on PC vs. consoles are for real crazy.
I hate that any device that limits my options even if I would not use that options. I can use mods on my pc, I could plug my pc to tv screen and play with a controller on my pc, I can use third party programs on my pc so on and so forth. While consoles limiting all of my options. And I would definitely not like people using this kind of devices in their lives. This does not mean I would brake my relationship with my friends or something. I just do not like they are using this kind of product and that is it.

If this is crazy to you, well I am crazy with respect to you then.

Or Sony, releasing games that can only be played in their platform. So you try to limit my option, you can take your game and shove it in somewhere. Of course, they can do whatever with their product but this is how I think for their product as a just one consumer.

And I would definitely not like people using this kind of devices in their lives.
Why? Not everyone has the interest, ability, or time to do all those customizations. Some people just want to play games, and consoles provide an easy way for them. Instead of having to worry about specs, they only need to think about whether or not a particular game is supported on a particular console. Then the game is guaranteed to run for them.

People can also have different setups for whatever reasons they may have. They could have a PC, but only use it for work stuff. Or their work is such that they need all the hard drive space they can get and can't afford to store games in it. Or maybe they're a Linux only user. Perhaps the genre that they like are better for consoles, like fighting games or racing games.

For developers, having a set hardware and software specification also makes their job easier. They just need to test on certain consoles instead of testing on different versions of operating systems and drivers. There are countless reasons why consoles are good. That's why they've been popular for decades. People want them.

Bc, end of the day I would get affected by their decisions in one way or another.
Are you perhaps referring to the idea that "PC games quality get worse due to console support" mentioned by some idiot a few pages back? That idea is only based on a few biased observations and is not backed by any actual data or study. Correlation doesn't mean causation.

Taleworlds making a bad Bannerlord is not the fault of the console industry, but Taleworlds themselves. Developers only releasing games for consoles are also their decisions. This has to do with what I mentioned earlier. Developing for consoles is easier than for PC. Is it wrong for developers to make such decisions? No. It has allowed many good games to come out. Just look at the Japanese game industry. Many of them release PC ports once they've got money from their console sales, and oftentimes they're of good quality.

You're free to hate a particular developer for ruining your beloved series, but blaming consoles is irrational.

TW has always been listening. However, they're not interested in doing everything requested by vocal minorities and there is a months/years disconnect between their hearing something they accept and delivering updates that fit their vision, not yours or mine.
Ignoring blatant bugs and glitches that were reported can't be seen as "vision" issues.
Ignoring user feedback's shooting your own foot for games aren't art pieces but products - as such the best examples would be high value products made by companies that took user feedback at face value and ended up with absurd successes while companies that did the opposite eventually fell into oblivion. - we have good examples with the rising years of MS / Apple / Google / etc...
They aren't wrong for doing it, but they aren't listening neither - it's their choice and we'll see how that turns out in the end, sometimes it works, most times it doesn't.

Ignoring blatant bugs and glitches that were reported can't be seen as "vision" issues.
They don't ignore bug reports even though they are often extremely slow to deal with them. Clearly, prioritising correcting crashes first and other bugs when they have time.
Ignoring user feedback's shooting your own foot for games aren't art pieces but products
Every product gets negative feedback from someone. You can't please everyone. So, they have every right to stick with what they believe is in BL's long-term interests even if you or I think they're wrong. It's their product and their reputation.
aren't listening neither
Because they choose to do nothing or something else isn't proof they weren't listening. Lot's of patches include changes in response to some customer requests, which proves they are listening even if they respond slectively.

Last edited:
They don't ignore bug reports even though they are often extremely slow to deal with them. Clearly, prioritising correcting crashes first and other bugs when they have time.
Hey, I'm not being disingenuous here - they literally ignored a single word parameter since 2020 regarding quest trait xp gains - it takes literally 5 minutes to fix all of them for a single guy - I won't ever excuse that level of neglect

Every product gets negative feedback from someone. You can't please everyone. So, they have every right to stick with what they believe is in BL's long-term interests even if you or I think they're wrong. It's their product and their reputation.
Do you really believe that's what's going on? Their rep's already tarnished, has been for years. As for chosing not to listen to us isn't a smart move considering we are all very well versed into their original game, and we know what we miss and wish there was in it - BL doesn't bring these and as such they'll repeat the same mistake a second time for the majority of the community - even if ignoring some of our suggestions under their vision, it's undenyiable that some mods for Warband needed to be carried over into the new installment - which also didn't happen.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom