Beta Patch Notes e1.9.0

Users who are viewing this thread

New Dunglanys scene looks so amazing!

Being serious, it has no grass, some textures are missing, terrain looks very strange and it also has no trees or any other objects outside the city walls! Cheers to QA!

@Dejan @MArdA TaleWorlds

Could you try verifying the game files and checking the town again? Corrupt downloaded file might be the culprit.

Has anyone experienced massive performance loss across the board? I can't remember my game running so badly for quite a while.
New updates sometimes screwed up my settings. Try resetting your settings by starting the game in safe mode, or use your driver's control panel to set the game to an optimized settings if you have any.

Wowwee! Melee cavalry aren't garbage any more! They can actually perform very well against infantry who do not have pikes, as they should. Making them worth the additional cost/time of buying them warhorses, finally!

Testing in Battle_terrain_m, which is a reasonably open field with some small hills, good for cavalry:

* 60 T5 Champions against 60 T5 Elite Menavliaton - Champions won with 20 casualties.
* 60 T5 Vanguard against 60 T5 Elite Menavliaton - Vanguard won with 22 casualties.
* 60 T5 Vanguard against 60 T5 Legionaries - Vanguard won with 6 casualties.
* 60 T5 Cataphracts against 60 T5 Legionaries - Cataphracts won with 2 casualties.
* 60 T5 Cataphracts against 60 T5 Heroic Line Breakers - Cataphracts won with 4 casualties.

I also tested Veteran Faris. They don't have couched lances so they have to rely on just stabbing, which is still inaccurate for cavalry AI.

* 60 T5 Veteran Faris (hold fire) against 60 T5 Heroic Line Breakers - Veteran Faris won with 2 casualties.
* 60 T5 Veteran Faris (hold fire) against 60 T5 Elite Menavliaton - Menavliaton won with 3 casualties.

I also tested cavalry against pikemen. Worryingly, the cavalry beat the pikemen because the AI doesn't seem to understand that they need to brace their pikes when being charged by cavalry, even when they are on defense!

* 60 T5 Champions against 60 T5 Pikemen (offense) - Champions won with 5 casualties.
* 60 T5 Champions against 60 T5 Pikemen (defense) - Champions won with 11 casualties.

So we still aren't where we need to be, but regardless, this is a big improvement. We are rapidly approaching balanced combat and Good Tactics™.

- Varcheg has a bug. when walking in the city, we see the siege barricades outside the walls.
I didn't find this change: "Added a visual representation of the "Disorganized" state in party nameplates and added the duration of this state to the mobile party tooltip."
It seems like Revyl and Omor are the same scenes. Not 2 new ones.
Thanks for the report. Forwarded to the relevant developers!
- Battle map 30 has a visual issue with the water plans.
Could you share a screenshot of this issue? I was not able to find the issue while checking the scene myself.
Increased the pack camel’s base price value from 140 to 220 and carry weight from 100 to 150.
Got a couple of issues: the new weapon orders UI doesn't show red/green for meeting/not meeting expectations of blacksmithing order + unable to use spacebar when naming free build weapons (it just closes the UI when you press spacebar).
These issues are also been forwarded to the team. Thank you!

Cavalry before 1.9:
monty-python.gif

Cavalry after 1.9:
B434E2BF4D0479B69F38F58214DCE6A1298C02F5

Seriously no joke, ran a few custom battles just to see how things are in 1.9. With 100 Cataphracts (not even Elites) I was able to crush 800 Recruits (most of my player character kills were from running over Recruits):
h3wrxy7.png

Now before anyone grabs their baby rattle and starts crying how "overpowered" Cavalry are now, no Cavalry are not OP, they just work the way they should. Basically very powerful on the Charge, but not so great when they get stuck in melee. With just 250 Vlandian Footman (initially formed in shieldwall, then ordered to standard formation and charge - after cavalry were stopped) I was able to defeat 100 Cataphracts, though it was definitely bloody.

UZ3aPp7.png

Wow what a game changer this patch is. Units maintain much formation cohesion much more intelligently, actually maintain some space between individuals, and gone are the Heroin Beehive Rave Party battles. Like you can make use of some actual freaking tactics now. Can you believe it? Now it's definitely not perfect (saw some cavalry idling a bit too much - recruits could have formed up a bit better in some situations), but this is undeniably an improvement. Dare I say battles are no longer F1+F3 chores anymore? And building up an elite force of troops, particularly of cavalry, actually provides a real benefit?

Would have been nice if these issues had been addressed sooner, but late is definitely better than never. So I don't say this particularly often, but thank you TaleWorlds.

EXCELLENT news!
What a chunky update this has been. Can't wait to play it.

Could you try verifying the game files and checking the town again? Corrupt downloaded file might be the culprit.
Bannerlord is the only game on Steam where i verify the game file after every update and everytime it does download files
dunno why that is

that said
thx for the patch really love it

Bannerlord is the only game on Steam where i verify the game file after every update and everytime it does download files
dunno why that is
Sadly we don't have any control over how Steam downloads the patches. But with the change noted below hopefully we hope not to face this issue in the future. 🤞
Other
  • Reduced the patch sizes of future patches.

Safe to assume that means that formations have captains assigned or is it just a visual thing? Like if I fought a single party instead of an army will only one formation have a banner?
you can use your companions as formation captains and equip them with banners as well, but for ai they will only have one formation with banner yes

Do troops get timed out like the player if they stay outside the map boundaries for too long? In my last run in 1.8, a lot of my battles wound up at the map edge with my troops going back and forth into the red zone to get at the enemy. Then I'd see in the after-battle report that a bunch of my guys routed even though we were dominating the whole battle, so I assumed that those guys got stuck outside the boundaries and didn't actually flee, but maybe I was wrong.
no troops do not time out at border egde, they try to avoid it but still can get out of border edges due to being a cavlary or in heat of combat, but they will not pathfind through border edge if they can help it. they will only disappear at border edge if they are fleeing.

you can use your companions as formation captains and equip them with banners as well, but for ai they will only have one formation with banner yes
So there is no actual formations for the AI armies. I guess that means that they don't actually benefit from the banners, aside of the asthetics. Is that right?

Back
Top Bottom