Steam page "release plans" update but no forum post? SHAME SHAME SHAME! Here it is

Users who are viewing this thread

this is that moment where duh though something of which he can't express because he's an employee :lol:
hang in there mate!
Tbh i front i don't think they had games like banner lord in mind when they created the console
not only that, fact is that games must have UX planned and fully integrated from the get go, and cross-platforming destroys the UX because you cannot comport all possible interfaces into a single piece. The only way to do it properly is making fully customized UI for each platform, the consequence's that some features of some games can't deal with simplified UI and hence how consoles have been downgrading gaming in general over the past 20 years, the most disgusting example I've personally seen was Skyrim. Now, there's a reason why flight simulator was only PC since it's creation, have any of you ever tried it? Impossible for a console to support it without KB&M or a specialized joystick/controller - that until they made FS for xbox which I'm not sure ppl like or play well in if they don't feel like spending a ton of cash on peripherals

I personally hate the console zombie following - first these ppl aren't passionate about the games they play, generally they have a Gollum mindset "OH SHINY!" play 3 hours and never touch the game again (wasted money, but good money for devs) - they also tend to pick fights whenever more dedicated gamers complain about a game being downgraded either due to porting/crossplatform support or due to game being changed for 2 digits IQ ppl removing a plethora of features while shallowing the entire complexity because "they" can't use brains for anything other than pressing buttons. Topping it off, their ludicrous mindless spending encourage the market to push out garbage, and that's how we've been getting so many games yet the majority being really bad. In the case at hand (Bannerlord / TW) nothing of the sorts really happened, to me the only dumbdown was the addition of sliders and removal of party screen formation assignment for troops - hope they bring it back otherwise I'll NEED mods to fix this and that might not be ideal considering it could cause compatibility issues later on. Other than that I don't really care much because it seems the consoles didn't affect what WE are getting, yet it seems to have detracted development time for the game to be actually finished - so there was harm but so far not a permanent one. I'll wait and see, as always (because we don't really have any options, do we? lol)

Last edited:
Neither do you. Only TW simps deserve it, and that's why they don't listen to any of you.

You don't really have a genre in mind when creating a way to play video games as a whole.
tf you talkin about? :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Neither do you. Only TW simps deserve it, and that's why they don't listen to any of you." - this doesn't make any logical sense
"You don't really have a genre in mind when creating a way to play video games as a whole." - you're tripping, this is an entirely wrong assumption :lol: :lol:
when what would be a "video game pre-production" starts that's among the first things to do - define the objective genre you're aiming for - what's hard is knowning and understanding the genres themselves. The confusion among players, though, is actually the fault of ppl who don't know how to make games, do you know what we call them? THE MARKETING GUYS! - they'll tell straight-face lies about genre to bring as many ppl as they can and as such genres have been misused on many platforms over the years, yet they are objectively defined by design. It get's harder, still, because many devs aiming for purely comercial releases have been creating genre mushes, and as such some games don't actually have a defined genre, they are like generic, and objectively crap quality, combo of everything. (the new AC trilogy for instance) - M&B's a sandbox with RPG elements and combat simulation - it carries some RTS traits but not enough to be called that at all.
They dont deserve it *change my mind meme inserted*

Nope, you are getting it wrong. We are having fun over our ruined hopes.
I think you've just triggered da boi mate

Last edited:
tf you talkin about? :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Neither do you. Only TW simps deserve it, and that's why they don't listen to any of you."
You lack motor functions. Congrats on figuring out the point that denying someone's right to play a video game is dumb.
"You don't really have a genre in mind when creating a way to play video games as a whole." - you're tripping, this is an entirely wrong assumption :lol: :lol:
when what would be a "video game pre-production" starts that's among the first things to do - define the objective genre you're aiming for - what's hard is knowning and understanding the genres themselves. The confusion among players, though, is actually the fault of ppl who don't know how to make games, do you know what we call them? THE MARKETING GUYS! - they'll tell straight-face lies about genre to bring as many ppl as they can and as such genres have been misused on many platforms over the years, yet they are objectively defined by design. It get's harder, still, because many devs aiming for purely comercial releases have been creating genre mushes, and as such some games don't actually have a defined genre, they are like generic, and objectively crap quality, combo of everything. (the new AC trilogy for instance) - M&B's a sandbox with RPG elements and combat simulation - it carries some RTS traits but not enough to be called that at all.
What the actual **** are you talking about. I'm talking about consoles, not video games. Consoles aren't made for specific genres.

You lack motor functions. Congrats on figuring out the point that denying someone's right to play a video game is dumb.

What the actual **** are you talking about. I'm talking about consoles, not video games. Consoles aren't made for specific genres.
"You lack motor functions" - https://dictionary.apa.org/motor-function

motor function

any activity that results from stimulation of motor neurons, including glandular activity as well as reflexes and voluntary and involuntary muscle contractions. Also called motor behavior.
followed by: "Congrats on figuring out the point that denying someone's right to play a video game is dumb."
9b92d105-f012-47ad-98fb-e2de697a665d_text.gif

no, they aren't made specifically for anything, yet they fail to support certain genres properly, RPGs in special unless we're talking about over-simplified models like ARPGs. Consoles can't even support FPS - using your thumb to aim's so crap that all console versions of shooters include a aim assistance or even borderline cheating auto-aim... You might say "OH BUT MY FRIENDO JOE THE STRONZ DOESNT USE IT" - try to pitch him against someone playing with M&KB and watch the chaos insue - topping it off, you can wait a decade or so and watch as his accute tendinities appears

Inappropriate behavior
Yes. Given how you type, you cannot properly use your fingers.
no, they aren't made specifically for anything, yet they fail to support certain genres properly, RPGs in special unless we're talking about over-simplified models like ARPGs. Consoles can't even support FPS - using your thumb to aim's so crap that all console versions of shooters include a aim assistance or even borderline cheating auto-aim... You might say "OH BUT MY FRIENDO JOE THE STRONZ DOESNT USE IT" - try to pitch him against someone playing with M&KB and watch the chaos insue - topping it off, you can wait a decade or so and watch as his accute tendinities appears
Everything that I have heard of the console port is that it works fine. You're just weird to be entirely honest.

You are arguing on a forum that a group of people don't deserve to play a game.
no, I'm arguing that consoles are responsible for a massive loss of quality on gaming in general - not because consoles are bad - I own consoles, always did, but rather because some games don't play well in them and as a consequence (due to market size) games have been released with lowered quality over the years to "fit into consoles" or rather be "shoehorned into consoles"... As such, devs, to eco both time and $ started aligning the designs to fit both PC and Consoles which makes for exceptionally poor results. There's a reason SkyUI was the most downloaded mod in history...

Deserving has nothing to do with that, it's just that as long as ppl keep supporting the practice, it'll keep happening - it's a vicious cycle. If it was a "normal"/balanced market, I bet your arse TW wouldn't even bother making it rn, they'd probably push it 1 or 2 years down the line for the console release and be more focused on finishing the game for PC first.
Ignore him. It's been revealed a few days ago that he has no real skill or knowledge despite his big mouth. You're going to see something really cringy if you keep upsetting him.
you love trying to bait, I had buried that entire nonsense behind but it seems you can't let go, your snowflake emotions are getting the better of you.

Wow, what a misleading thread! Filled with less than happy people, too. Except for me, I am very happy at all the announcements and patches coming our way.

TW, team, and community has done a great job with this game. And more is to come.

To all the disappointed forumites: Play some updated Bannerlord, it will do good for your soul. And also, so you know, you are the minority. Being a minority isn't always bad, but it does stink when you precieve yourselves as victims to some "grift" that you will never precieve to have recieved justice for. But the matter of fact is, that Bannelord was a gift to our souls.
Please tell me what drugs you do?

Maybe. However, would pcs have benefited from the last six months of performance optimisation, if TW hadn’t been forced to shoehorn BL into consoles?
good question - maybe, depends on their target demographic I think. Supposedly games that are released for a public that averages on a lower PC spec the devs adapt the game for it. But who knows? Maybe you have a point
hmmm-thinking.gif

Ignore him. It's been revealed a few days ago that he has no real skill or knowledge despite his big mouth. You're going to see something really cringy if you keep upsetting him.
Thanks. Been away for the forum for a good while, so I don't know everyone.

If I were a Janny I'd have some sweeping to do here, but alas like Siegfried any broom I hold is shattered by my mighty troll hands!

Ignore him
This made me go read all of you two's recent post. Nice Streisand effect!
How to lose all credibility and respect in record time.
That's what I though when I saw this:
*strawman
*interpretation
Spelling corrections? Come on now, if you KNOW what the word he was saying is, how can you correct his spelling?
INFINATE LOGIC LOOP CHEKMATE 💊 🤡 💊 You've just confirmed that spelling isn't real.

Neither do you. Only TW *****
No No word! This isn't tumblr! We don't say that here! Say Paypigs or whales or even fanboys but you can say *****!
Yes. Given how you type, you cannot properly use your fingers.
Well he sure makes up for it in the amount and size of posts lately! I think you're crossing a line of civility by speculating about someone's physical condition. It's pretty far from discussing Bannerlord and I have a hard time seeing it as anything more the flamebaiting.

good question - maybe, depends on their target demographic I think. Supposedly games that are released for a public that averages on a lower PC spec the devs adapt the game for it. But who knows? Maybe you have a point
hmmm-thinking.gif
I suspect stabilisation and performance improvements for minimum spec pcs were mostly done in the first year of EA. Bear in mind that consoles have a lower maximum battle size with no hardware upgrade options.
Well he sure makes up for it in the amount and size of posts lately! I think you're crossing a line of civility by speculating about someone's physical condition. It's pretty far from discussing Bannerlord and I have a hard time seeing it as anything more the flamebaiting.
+1
Spelling corrections? Come on now, if you KNOW what the word he was saying is, how can you correct his spelling?
INFINATE LOGIC LOOP CHEKMATE
💊
🤡
💊
You've just confirmed that spelling isn't real.
+1 checkmate :smile:

Back
Top Bottom