Beta Patch Notes e1.9.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Finally changed the useless mercenaries i can finally build a proper mercenary army!
Nice one! (took you long enough still a W)

Hey this update is looking quite interesting... and... you know what?
Good job Taleworlds, this is good work.

Edit; Agree that more banners, even if juste visual and optional, would be nice. Perhaps make them slightly smaller than the main formation banner, so they can be identified?

Last edited:
  • Increased the pack camel’s base price value from 140 to 220 and carry weight from 100 to 150.
  • Nope its still 100, not sure who tested it

Got a couple of issues: the new weapon orders UI doesn't show red/green for meeting/not meeting expectations of blacksmithing order + unable to use spacebar when naming free build weapons (it just closes the UI when you press spacebar).

Not sure if it was like this before the patch, but on the siege mission map of Jogurys Castle, the sea sound effects are extremely loud, and I'm not even standing near the sea.

Got a couple of issues: the new weapon orders UI doesn't show red/green for meeting/not meeting expectations of blacksmithing order + unable to use spacebar when naming free build weapons (it just closes the UI when you press spacebar).
that has been in since 1.8 and still not fixed

Cavalry before 1.9:
monty-python.gif

Cavalry after 1.9:
B434E2BF4D0479B69F38F58214DCE6A1298C02F5

Seriously no joke, ran a few custom battles just to see how things are in 1.9. With 100 Cataphracts (not even Elites) I was able to crush 800 Recruits (most of my player character kills were from running over Recruits):
h3wrxy7.png

Now before anyone grabs their baby rattle and starts crying how "overpowered" Cavalry are now, no Cavalry are not OP, they just work the way they should. Basically very powerful on the Charge, but not so great when they get stuck in melee. With just 250 Vlandian Footman (initially formed in shieldwall, then ordered to standard formation and charge - after cavalry were stopped) I was able to defeat 100 Cataphracts, though it was definitely bloody.

UZ3aPp7.png

Wow what a game changer this patch is. Units maintain formation cohesion much more intelligently, actually maintain some space between individuals, and gone are the Heroin Beehive Rave Party battles. Like you can make use of some actual freaking tactics now. Can you believe it? Now it's definitely not perfect (saw some cavalry idling a bit too much - recruits could have formed up a bit better in some situations), but this is undeniably an improvement. Dare I say battles are no longer F1+F3 chores anymore? And building up an elite force of troops, particularly of cavalry, actually provides a real benefit?

Would have been nice if these issues had been addressed sooner, but late is definitely better than never. So I don't say this particularly often, but thank you TaleWorlds.

Last edited:
@Dejan can you share a map that contains all finished battle terrains?

All package animals still give 100 carriage. Would be handy if it's also mentioned in the stats how much it should be.

For the banners it would be nice to see the tiers on the stats.

Thanks in advance!

Holy mother of god, this new retreat implementation is frustrating, enemies retreat much quicker and you get taken back to the world map. this means that big battles get broken down to 2-3 battles giving you less lot.

Thanks. That explains a lot actually. By the way, do you know if and does this have something to do with BodyProperties object "weight" and "build" fields not actually having any effect on anything in the code? Because when I was checking these objects in C# code, for every hero in the game it was just 0.5f and I couldn't seem to figure out what determined someone's height or weight.
There was an issue with BodyProperties being incorrectly used causing the "0.5f" issue. The heroes should have a wider range of body properties now.

Cavalry before 1.9:
monty-python.gif

Cavalry after 1.9:

Seriously no joke, ran a few custom battles just to see how things are in 1.9. With 100 Cataphracts (not even Elites) I was able to crush 800 Recruits (most of my player character kills were from running over Recruits):
h3wrxy7.png

Now before anyone grabs their baby rattle and starts crying how "overpowered" Cavalry are now, no Cavalry are not OP, they just work the way they should. Basically very powerful on the Charge, but not so great when they get stuck in melee. With just 250 Vlandian Footman (initially formed in shieldwall, then ordered to standard formation and charge - after cavalry were stopped) I was able to defeat 100 Cataphracts, though it was definitely bloody.

UZ3aPp7.png

Wow what a game changer this patch is. Units maintain much formation cohesion much more intelligently, actually maintain some space between individuals, and gone are the Heroin Beehive Rave Party battles. Like you can make use of some actual freaking tactics now. Can you believe it? Now it's definitely not perfect (saw some cavalry idling a bit too much - recruits could have formed up a bit better in some situations), but this is undeniably an improvement. Dare I say battles are no longer F1+F3 chores anymore? And building up an elite force of troops, particularly of cavalry, actually provides a real benefit?

Would have been nice if these issues had been addressed sooner, but late is definitely better than never. So I don't say this particularly often, but thank you TaleWorlds.
Wow, did it finally happen? I am happy now.

Cavalry before 1.9:
monty-python.gif

Cavalry after 1.9:

h3wrxy7.png

UZ3aPp7.png

Wow what a game changer this patch is. Units maintain much formation cohesion much more intelligently, actually maintain some space between individuals, and gone are the Heroin Beehive Rave Party battles. Like you can make use of some actual freaking tactics now. Can you believe it? Now it's definitely not perfect (saw some cavalry idling a bit too much - recruits could have formed up a bit better in some situations), but this is undeniably an improvement. Dare I say battles are no longer F1+F3 chores anymore? And building up an elite force of troops, particularly of cavalry, actually provides a real benefit?

I'm downloading the patch now and this post is extremely encouraging. Finally!

Last i heard enemy AI captains dont get assigned to formations and thus dont apply their captains stats, is this the same for banners for enemy AI? (i.e. if i fight an enemy army, will each of their formations have banners from their assigned captains or do they still not have assigned captains and thus no banners besides the commanders formation) Haven't gotten to test myself as im running a snowball test.

For context.

Never got an answer to the above.
This class is new in 1.9.0: `AutoCaptainAssignmentLogic : MissionLogic`.
It picks a captain for the spawned formation. So yeah, AI does get captains now.

Back
Top Bottom