Steam page "release plans" update but no forum post? SHAME SHAME SHAME! Here it is

Users who are viewing this thread

Fundamentally, Taleworlds.

Okay so yeah..not specifically TW.

Anyway you should be responding to the angry replies as to why you essentially just announced via a Twitter reply yesterday that consoles won't be getting mods for Bannerlord. As I stated in another post, that is some BS marketing.

I would have thought you would have learned your lesson on how to communicate with your base by now.

Setting up the forum (from the technical side) is solely done by Taleworlds (mostly Callum / Dejan and some tech folks I'm not sure I can namedrop) and relevant contractors (Janus). I phrased it the way I did, because I am not sure what your interpretation of "setting up" is.

Anyway you should be responding to the angry replies as to why you essentially just announced via a Twitter reply
I don't because I didn't :razz: Having said that, I think it's good to be straight forward on limitations of consoles - not that this is a particularly new / unknown one or something that is just relevant to Bannerlord.

Presumably there's risks that DLCs which add to the game as opposed to replacing it might conflict with or break mods for the base game. Is there a preference at Taleworlds for full game DLCs like With Fire & Sword or Viking Conquest or are they also focused on mini-expansion DLCs such as an Elephant or naval combat? Just curious if you had any insights.
good question - I'm skeptically feeling we're doomed already

Anyway you should be responding to the angry replies as to why you essentially just announced via a Twitter reply yesterday that consoles won't be getting mods for Bannerlord. As I stated in another post, that is some BS marketing.

I would have thought you would have learned your lesson on how to communicate with your base by now.
that's not really Duh's work, which begs the question @Duh_TaleWorlds where tf is the community manager or the PR ppl!?!??!

The port should have been made after the PC is complete, and no...it´s not complete when TW will release it.

You´re aware that the EA PC players funded the development of the game? "Around one year in EA"....
That doesn’t mean console players don’t deserve a port. If this is genuinely the narrative of the forums no ****ing wonder TW won’t listen to you lot. You’ve become an echo chamber just regurgitating the same points and getting more and more toxic each day.

Should the port have been made later? Maybe, don’t really know how much work had been dedicated to it. But acting like some people just don’t deserve it is ****ing idiotic. Christ man, get a ****ing grip.

I don't because I didn't :razz: Having said that, I think it's good to be straight forward on limitations of consoles - not that this is a particularly new / unknown one or something that is just relevant to Bannerlord.

When I said "you" in that context you know I meant TW, not you specifically, and you yourself know that. You act on behalf of TW so you can't put your hands up and say "it wasn't me".

And your second point is objectively wrong. You (TW if there is any confusion) were not straight up about it and that is clear by the posts on the subreddits (where there are a higher number of potential console players) which have garnered more engagement and upvotes than previous posts in the last couple of years. They obviously didn't know, or weren't reminded because your Twitter and Facebook account mostly posts random historical events, rather than anything useful to do with the game.

And your second point is objectively wrong. You (TW if there is any confusion) were not straight up about it and that is clear by the posts on the subreddits (where there are a higher number of potential console players) which have garnered more engagement and upvotes than previous posts in the last couple of years. They obviously didn't know, or weren't reminded because your Twitter and Facebook account mostly posts random historical events, rather than anything useful to do with the game.
It seems odd to me to make this argument subsequent to pointing out that it was communicated on an official platform - and well ahead of the console release. TBF I am not sure of the exact wording of the statement (I don't use Twitter myself :sad: ) - so maybe it was obtuse in some way?

It seems odd to me to make this argument subsequent to pointing out that it was communicated on an official platform - and well ahead of the console release. TBF I am not sure of the exact wording of the statement (I don't use Twitter myself :sad: ) - so maybe it was obtuse in some way?

Yeah it must have been obtuse, hence the backlash. I don't remember seeing a pinned post stating there was no modding capabilities for consoles in the TW forums. I might be wrong but I don't remember seeing one on Steam, or a post on Facebook or Reddit? I could be wrong though. Some would think it was deliberately done like this.

Well, typically, products advertise what they have / plan to have rather than explicitly list what they don't. Naturally, if there are specific and frequent inquiries, it's good to cover them in FAQs. We do have one of those, but it doesn't yet cover console. Will inquire about it.

Wow, what a misleading thread! Filled with less than happy people, too. Except for me, I am very happy at all the announcements and patches coming our way.

TW, team, and community has done a great job with this game. And more is to come.

To all the disappointed forumites: Play some updated Bannerlord, it will do good for your soul. And also, so you know, you are the minority. Being a minority isn't always bad, but it does stink when you precieve yourselves as victims to some "grift" that you will never precieve to have recieved justice for. But the matter of fact is, that Bannelord was a gift to our souls.

Stop being so elitist, Jesus Christ. It just makes you look like an ass.

Its one thing to not want a console port because it'll lead to a worse game, that's a perfectly rational fear. However, acting like console players don't deserve a game because they aren't as big a "fan" as you are is childish and idiotic.

Tbh i don't think they had games like banner lord in mind when they created the console

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom