Patch Notes e1.8.1

Users who are viewing this thread

10 Banner Knights against 60 Recruits will get 30 kills and die.

10 Khan's Guards against 60 Recruits will get 60 kills and take 0 casualties.

10 Khan's Guards against 10 Banner Knights will get 10 kills and take 1 casualty.

• Increase the resistance of armour to arrows by 1.7x.
  • Make cavalry couch their lances more often because they are too dumb to go for stabs.
  • Heavily nerf the swing speed of the Glaive, and consider taking it away from the Khan's Guard.

Cav performance is definitely better, I do not expect 100% accuracy but I do find that the Cataphracts with their cat-lances are still lower performing than all other cavalry. I think it's AI usage or the hitbox behind 2-handed thrusting polearms for sure @MArdA TaleWorlds @Callum @Dejan are you guys tracking that? No idea how to do a bug report on it, it's too subjective.

Like Flesson and others I am not seeing wanderers respawn either nor regenerate if you dismiss them. Hopefully something that can be included in the hotfix

10 Khan's Guards against 10 Banner Knights will get 10 kills and take 1 casualty.

• Make cavalry couch their lances more often because they are too dumb to go for stabs.
  • Heavily nerf the swing speed of the Glaive, and consider taking it away from the Khan's Guard.
+1 for resistance of armour to arrows.

Khan’s Guard is totally broken. Same for Fian Champions. Other archers units are also OP without any doubt, but at least not as broken as these two units.

Khan’s Guard is totally broken. Same for Fian Champions. Other archers units are also OP, but at least not as broken as these two units

Is there any mod that changes the armour resistance? I would also like to see armour do protection against arrows.

Last edited:
Luckily weapon loadout is not hard-coded and I can add/delete whatever I want. Like I always do for well known culprits 🤷🏻‍♂️

We are aware of no XP for companion donation for nonclan leaders and no wanderers spawning. The fixes are in progress at the moment. Thanks for reporting!

Players find these bugs in about an hour of playing. Do you guys have a QA process or do you like making work for yourself?

Can I suggest that after release it will be pencils down for you, otherwise we will stay in this infinite loop of one step forward, two steps back. Until you stop, modders won't come back and your MP servers will stay dead.

You can start working on your new grift/game come January 2023. Win win for everyone.

Khan’s Guard is totally broken. Same for Fian Champions. Other archers units are also OP, but at least not as broken as these two units
I mean, the Khan's Guards are straight up the best shock infantry if you dismount them and disable their use of ranged weapons. This is because of their high armour rating and the ridiculous damage/speed value of their glaives (as well as high polearms skill). This update made every infantry unit better, and inadvertently increased the gap between KG and other units by making everyone better.

In the community section of @LyonExodus youtube channel, he's calculated that the KG's K/D ratio have increased 91% with this update - the highest amount - while the lowest increase were with the veteran falxman's and voulgier's K/D ratios, which have only increased by 13% and 7% respectively. To give more accurate results, in his testing, the dismounted KG has the highest k/d with 13,8 while the lowest 2 units, the voulgier has 2,8 and the Vet Falxman has 1,7 in 1.8.1.

The 2 most meaningful nerfs would in my opinion be a)making noble units rarer/harder to recruit & b)nerfing the damage or the attack speed value of the glaive.

Last edited:
Each patch we are not given the Banner creator that this game deserves is an objective failure of a patch. The only hope we have for this game to ever be playable for long term is a completely comprehensive banner utility. It fixes every single issue for late game such as a lack of content and reasons to do anything other than paint the map my color. Uh, hello? let me paint my banner whatever colors i want instead?? Forcing me to fight does not give credit to the title Bannerlord. If I cannot truly be the lord and creator of my own banner, what purpose would I play "Bannerlord"??

This needs to be first on the dev list of priorities, far above silly things like making the game feel alive or being able to tighten/loosen & target focus your formations! Things like making armor not useless and figuring out how to avoid lords respawning 10 seconds after a battle with enough troops to contest you immediately should continue to be ignored in lieu of important things like Banners and new horse armors.

Players find these bugs in about an hour of playing. Do you guys have a QA process or do you like making work for yourself?
That´s the "funny" thing and modders need some days to fix the most game breaking bugs and TW need weeks....and then keep in mind that the newest version (console version) isn´t even in public testing :grin: :grin: :grin:

"Release" will be awesome!

Each patch we are not given the Banner creator that this game deserves is an objective failure of a patch.

They won't give you a banner creator as this is not a PC game anymore - it's a console game that we can play on the PC. If it can't be integrated for console, than it won't be integrated for PC.

That´s the "funny" thing and modders need some days to fix the most game breaking bugs and TW need weeks....and then keep in mind that the newest version (console version) isn´t even in public testing :grin: :grin: :grin:

I would have thought they were spending these weeks play testing over and over to make sure the current state is perfect for release. Which is obviously not the case. People are saying their screens turn almost completely white when they load into battles on the latest patch. How do you miss such obvious bugs, and especially when release is just around the corner? It's gonna be a dumpster fire on release week.

Last edited:
Can we get a ping column on the server browser, now that naming conventions won't be standard? Please and thanks

I mostly agree but the AI enemy can't do anything useful with it's glaives so this part is more of a "player's mind game" issue. I get it is annoying to think that 1 t6 unit is grossly better then most others, but in the actual game enemy Khan's guards just ride around like any other HA. It bothers me that 1 handed and 2 handed mounted swings are so awkward still while Glaive are very similar to a warband swing. Obviously they could make 1 and 2 handed swing more nicely if they did it for polearms.
Khan’s Guard is totally broken. Same for Fian Champions. Other archers units are also OP without any doubt, but at least not as broken as these two units.
Broken? They're there only troops that actually work. OP? More power then troops that are utterly useless because of the garbage AI they use? GOOD.
If you think anything about un-moded infantry and Cavalry is actually good or useful for anything other then getting shot at or sitting in a garrison, you must have abysmally low expectations or just not pay attention. They have a lot of work to do on balance and AI performance, but reducing arrow damage or glaive damage is just a small part of it. Making crappy troops just take longer to die isn't going improve the game.

So this patch didn't break mods right? How about save files?
That's nice if it didn't break mods but.....
We are aware of no XP for companion donation for nonclan leaders and no wanderers spawning. The fixes are in progress at the moment. Thanks for reporting!
Don't need the roguery exp, but getting a supply of wanderers is essential to the game. I guess I could look at my campaign and see how many already exist and if that's about enough to fill up most of the map.

Back
Top Bottom