I have some questions about Bloc

Users who are viewing this thread

Who is the mysterious maestro known as 'Bloc'?

A legend! Just check his mod show case and after that you know what would be possible with Bannerlord if TW would give a single ****.

Absolutely not.

He's a bastard who turned us all into cuckolds while he performs these magic tricks on our game.

He's without a shadow of a doubt the greatest modder to have never roamed these halls. If his mods we're ever released then yes, he would earn the legend status. But thus far he's only letting us sit in the room and sometimes watch while he makes love to our beloved franchise.

That truly is dastardly behaviour my lord! Truly heinous, and should be punished by being forced to play vanilla for seven days straight.

Or...

He could publish it?

That truly is dastardly behaviour my lord! Truly heinous, and should be punished by being forced to play vanilla for seven days straight.

Or...

He could publish it?
Blood and bloody ashes, he should!

But he won't. He threw a tantrum on these forums about a year back that TaleWorlds didn't simp for him enough to accommodate him and other members of the modding community.

Bloc was sending a message to TW, I totally understand him.

giphy.gif

And as I always said, I don´t expect the modders to fix a broken game or add features that should be in vanilla. That´s the job of the company that is selling the game.

It's understandable that he quit. Modding takes time and quite a bit of investment. I mean, have you looked at the size of the modding tool? I'm not gonna allocate that much space just so I can work for free and get bug complaints in return. And the time. He could be working a second freelance job with it. Probably already is.

A legend! Just check his mod show case and after that you know what would be possible with Bannerlord if TW would give a single ****.

I truly admire this guy's engenuity and creativity, though most of his mods have a really unpolished finish and are a bit wonky, so using them isn't really a thrill nor a really smooth experience. He does, however, proove how TW has been lazy on the "feature" department since forever. Regardless, overtime if he sticks to his mods' development I believe we'll eventually get some of the best if not arguably the actual best from him and himself alone.

That mod is not Bloc's by the way, but your points still stand.
It is a copy/paste of Bloc's with tweaks and extra features. Made necessary because of Bloc's ragequit - it is a vital mod and someone needed to own it.
Who is the mysterious maestro known as 'Bloc'?
A guy with a Vision for BL that the actual fans would love. But he was too good at modding for this world, and ascended directly into coding heaven on a fiery chariot.
And as I always said, I don´t expect the modders to fix a broken game or add features that should be in vanilla. That´s the job of the company that is selling the game.
CORRECT
I truly admire this guy's engenuity and creativity, though most of his mods have a really unpolished finish and are a bit wonky, so using them isn't really a thrill nor a really smooth experience. He does, however, proove how TW has been lazy on the "feature" department since forever. Regardless, overtime if he sticks to his mods' development I believe we'll eventually get some of the best if not arguably the actual best from him and himself alone.
I was working with him on a couple mods when he yeeted himself from the forum. He definitely had a single-minded drive that drove his mods in a wonky direction, but he was open to feedback if given in a logical argument. It was my idea for different jobs to give sets of often hard-to-get skill-ups in Freelancer, since grinding impossible skills like Leadership is one of the toughest things starting out.

Not to suck my own modding tool, but I'm a professional copywriter IRL. Happy to write content for good mods if people want.

Not to suck my own modding tool, but I'm a professional copywriter IRL. Happy to write content for good mods if people want.
Weren't you the guy who wrote propaganda for the bad guys for a living? The one getting Christmas cards from Satan?
You must be good.

Let's see you in action and give you an interesting challenge.
Write a short monologue for a character that's a feudal lord who wants to be a king and leads one side in a civil war over the crown.
He is a fat, incompetent bully that keeps talking about himself at every opportunity. He has a short speech to make for his aristocratic followers and warlords, and he tries to justify his theft of holy texts from the country's temple archives.
Go! The modders who think programmers should write dialogs are watching!

Weren't you the guy who wrote propaganda for the bad guys for a living? The one getting Christmas cards from Satan?
You must be good.

Let's see you in action and give you an interesting challenge.
Write a short monologue for a character that's a feudal lord who wants to be a king and leads one side in a civil war over the crown.
He is a fat, incompetent bully that keeps talking about himself at every opportunity. He has a short speech to make for his aristocratic followers and warlords, and he tries to justify his theft of holy texts from the country's temple archives.
Go! The modders who think programmers should write dialogs are watching!
First image that came to mind was a dragonball fusion of Trump with a Medici :lol:
the MERUMP / TREDICI
It is a copy/paste of Bloc's with tweaks and extra features. Made necessary because of Bloc's ragequit - it is a vital mod and someone needed to own it.

A guy with a Vision for BL that the actual fans would love. But he was too good at modding for this world, and ascended directly into coding heaven on a fiery chariot.

CORRECT

I was working with him on a couple mods when he yeeted himself from the forum. He definitely had a single-minded drive that drove his mods in a wonky direction, but he was open to feedback if given in a logical argument. It was my idea for different jobs to give sets of often hard-to-get skill-ups in Freelancer, since grinding impossible skills like Leadership is one of the toughest things starting out.

I have a degree in game development, work with film and am a creative writer myself - can't code for crap, always hated it :geek:
I'm at a dry time for creativity though, got a project that I've been trying to flush out since january, no success so far

He has a short speech to make for his aristocratic followers and warlords, and he tries to justify his theft of holy texts from the country's temple archives.
"You know, I'm, like, a smart person. If you hang around with losers you become a loser. I have never met a successful person that was a quitter. Successful people never, ever, give up! Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war. You have to think anyway, so why not think big? The worst of times often create the best opportunities to steal holy texts. When you’re a King, they let you do it. You can do anything."

Back
Top Bottom