Patch Notes e1.8.0

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't think the friendly is trying to attack the player, probably "just" having trouble moving correctly. This may benefit from the upcoming ai movement changes.

I believe there was also a recent change to ranged enemies to improve their melee engagement of nearby enemies.

Edith: Just in case - the relevant developers are also looking at the cavalry targeting, though, that is still work in progress.
Thank you Duh.
I was not sure about the friendly troop (that's why I put a question mark).
The behavior of the ranged units during sieges clearly improved over the last big patches, but yeah, those guys just ignoring you is kinda disturbing (nobody likes to be ignored).
Good luck to the devs who have to deal with the AI during battles, looks nightmarish to code...

I don't think the friendly is trying to attack the player, probably "just" having trouble moving correctly. This may benefit from the upcoming ai movement changes.

I believe there was also a recent change to ranged enemies to improve their melee engagement of nearby enemies.

Edith: Just in case - the relevant developers are also looking at the cavalry targeting, though, that is still work in progress.
Thanks very much for the info!

We are aiming to release hotfix to 180 first.
Kid named hotfix
ROWPoBlJ3qV4Ei5A.jpg

There was a time they would release hot fixes within a few days..

Now all they do is work on the console version

Great another hotfix. I mean what's the point in hotfixing this damn patch if all your efforts were on the supposed gamescon version of the game. That you will release some miracle patch in a month is out of the question just release the 1.9.0 version so modders can get to work

Wanderers still not spawning, lords moving at 1.0 speed and many more, when will these get fixed? and how is this game going to full release soon(tm)?

Hello, did you have plans to adjust and polish the upgrade preference mechanism introduced in 1.8.0 ? the current state of this new design just make every lord party become ridiculous. for example, if an empire lord prefer "empire legionary" then almost every single "empire recruit " in this Lord's party will upgrade toward "empire legionary". that's strange and truly downgrade my battle experience. I think "prefer a troop" doesn't mean "every single recruit should upgrade toward this type of troop" maybe 50% is more reasonable. or you can expand it with a priority system and generate priority for each upgrade paths instead of choose only one prefer troop. for example if a culture has 5 t5 troop, Troop1-5 a lord prefer troop 1's party will be like 40% troop1 15% troop2-5 (each 15%) or 40% troop1 30% troop2 15%troop3 10% troop 4 and 5%troop5 or something like that

@Duh_TaleWorlds

There was a time they would release hot fixes within a few days..

Now all they do is work on the console version
For some reason they decided to port their game to all consoles inhouse by themselves. That's a lot of work.
Well, the reason really is just max profit. Cashing in big a second time for the "final release" after Early Access release in 2020.
From a business perspective it's smart to focus on consoles, because the game already sold millions of copies on PC.

Defection issue-Lord hoarding grain travelling at 1 speed- Garrisons overrun with prisoners- Cant take Lord prisoner your own fief's garrisons capture- Main character captain perks not working-Your party leaders dont sell prisoners so hard to get roguery, just a fraction of the issues with 1.8. My new tag----
Working as Intended

"Release testing" on steam db. Looks like therell be no new beta before october 25th
eh my guess is we'll beta test the release version, at least I hope so as I'm sure it will be filled with bugs considering the new systems they are adding. Would be smart of them to do that so the first versions on console aren't riddled with glaring bugs.

What about the bug that garrison wages always reset to "unlimited", will this get fixed for release or this more of a minor issue that might get fixed until the end of time?

Will we ever be able to use our own parties? Mine are always in someone else army?

Grain bug? Broken reinforcement system? An execution "system" that you can´t use because the whole world will just hate you forever? You name it!

Kingdoms that never will be destroyed no matter if they don´t own a single fief? I know, it´s part of TheVisionTM but still stupid...

I´m really looking forward for the "final" release which will be a buggy and incomplete mess.

:iamamoron:

Last edited:
What about the bug that garrison wages always reset to "unlimited", will this get fixed for release or this more of a minor issue that might get fixed until the end of time?

Will we ever be able to use our own parties? Mine are always in someone else army?

Grain bug? Broken reinforcement system? An execution "system" that you can´t use because the whole world will just hate you forever? You name it!

Kingdoms that never will be destroyed no matter if they don´t own a single fief? I know, it´s part of TheVisionTM but still stupid...

I´m really looking forward for the "final" release which will be a buggy and incomplete mess.

:iamamoron:

200.gif

Yeah, well.. Maybe..

Is it likely that there will ever be a 'fog of war' option added, so that you can't see the whole map all the time? Pretty much like Total War games do it. I know that parties beyond your sight range disappear but you can see everything else quite clearly. I feel as though it would make the world feel more medieval/dark/mysterious.

Is it likely that there will ever be a 'fog of war' option added, so that you can't see the whole map all the time? Pretty much like Total War games do it. I know that parties beyond your sight range disappear but you can see everything else quite clearly. I feel as though it would make the world feel more medieval/dark/mysterious.
Duh mentioned something about a "fog of war" but he was speaking about the Encyclopedia...
So probably the map itself will remain as it is now, only the parties and map events (skirmish, sieges,...) are hidden...
I prefer that way personally...

Back
Top Bottom