Patch Notes e1.8.0

Users who are viewing this thread

the-wolf-of-wall-street-clap.gif

When they say they will be patching the game after full release that is for bug fixes, don't expect and content. Last count there were 408 known issues on the known issues post. How long you think it will take them to fix that when they say defection problem is their #1 priority and someone has already posted a fix for it but yet its been 2 months and nothing. Hopefully the console work will get done soon they can get back to their abandoned PC testers who have worked hard for 2 years to get the game right. hopefully we won't be cast aside much longer.
Defection bug, lords hoarding grain travelling at 1 speed, main character captain perks not working, half the policies dont work right, not minor issues that are still broken for months or years. I hope people know what product they will be getting for full release, certainty not a well polished product that's for sure---408 known issues-----. I've been sending them my date for over a year trying to help get shops running well for all of them and still sturgia sucks for shops and oil, wood and smithy are still an issue. only a year telling them and not fixed. And people wonder why we say mods will have to fix all the problems when months or years go by and things don't progress at a decent rate First year of game, amazing work by TW--months 12-18 just so so as thing slow down, the last 6 months, virtually nothing done and appalling work done
In case anyone is not heavy reader enough to read all the known issues

BEING INVESTIGATED!!!!!!!!!!!! 💊 🤡 💊

Last edited:
I still can't believe they are releasing this game in a month with all the current issues still and the barebones gameplay without mods...
There aren´t any issues, just money.

As a small indie company, with just a few sales, TW needed to take this step! I´m sorry for the crunch that the poor dev´s have to go through to get the console version "working".

@Dejan

Have you seen a single post about the reinforcement issue yet? I mean as community leader you are aware that the PC "crowd" isn´t that happy. But sure, here are only 3% (?) of the money that "you" can get, right?

When they say they will be patching the game after full release that is for bug fixes, don't expect and content. Last count there were 408 known issues on the known issues post. How long you think it will take them to fix that when they say defection problem is their #1 priority and someone has already posted a fix for it but yet its been 2 months and nothing. Hopefully the console work will get done soon they can get back to their abandoned PC testers who have worked hard for 2 years to get the game right. hopefully we won't be cast aside much longer.
Defection bug, lords hoarding grain travelling at 1 speed, main character captain perks not working, half the policies dont work right, not minor issues that are still broken for months or years. I hope people know what product they will be getting for full release, certainty not a well polished product that's for sure---408 known issues-----. I've been sending them my date for over a year trying to help get shops running well for all of them and still sturgia sucks for shops and oil, wood and smithy are still an issue. only a year telling them and not fixed. And people wonder why we say mods will have to fix all the problems when months or years go by and things don't progress at a decent rate First year of game, amazing work by TW--months 12-18 just so so as thing slow down, the last 6 months, virtually nothing done and appalling work done

This is a great summary of what a ****show this has become.

They will have entered legal contracts with Console manufacturers that include target release dates. Probably around the time when they signed up with Prime Matter (part of Koch Media Group) in June 2021. Nothing happens overnight.
God, I almost hate Prime Matter they increased local pricing of a not-yet-released-game 5 fold just before my eyes while I was about to adding it into the cart on Steam... (For some other countries, these increases went as high as 9-10 fold...)

We will strive to achieve a common update schedule for both PC and consoles and that includes the release versions.
That's good to hear but, please don't change little things like the name of a method etc. that doesn't matter though still enough to break many mods...

hang on, hold your horses there cowboy.... 4 HUNDRED known issues, and its 1 month to premiere? Jesus Christ..... i knew its bad, but bloody hell....

abandoned PC testers who have worked hard and paid for 2 years to get the game right. hopefully we won't be cast aside much longer.

i think the devs are deluded given the amount of positive reviews they get in steam. that and they probably don't play the gane. tbh, i'd probably think twice about *not* releasing the game in this sorry state when there is an overwhelming amount of positive reviews. the forums are a total contrast to what people post on their steam reviews.

but i also think that people take EA into consideration, and they might be in for a surprise when people review the game without the EA tag.

You move everything has a price to 300, which was completely dumb and then this happens, a 2900 prosperity town and I have even relation with the leader costs more than 7 million to buy. From the screenshot is looks like it could be over 10 million. What is the point of having everything has a price when you cant buy fiefs since they cost so much. Is this yet another of the 400+ bugs in the game. Just 1 month from full release and this is the product being shipped out. This has to be a joke. Your not serious oct 25th is full release with so many terrible issues. Is this a late April fools joke?
9E-8-.jpg

You move everything has a price to 300, which was completely dumb and then this happens, a 2900 prosperity town and I have even relation with the leader costs more than 7 million to buy. From the screenshot is looks like it could be over 10 million. What is the point of having everything has a price when you cant buy fiefs since they cost so much. Is this yet another of the 400+ bugs in the game. Just 1 month from full release and this is the product being shipped out. This has to be a joke. Your not serious oct 25th is full release with so many terrible issues. Is this a late April fools joke?
9E-8-.jpg
Interesting that TW still has something like 20,000 man - hours available to it in the next month ( ? 100 employees, at a somewhat cruisy, considering a last four weeks' sprint to deadline, eight hrs' work a day, and say six days a week each .... but this bucket chemistry might indeed be a bit facile ).

Sounds like a lot of quality work is still possible, if they are fair dinkum, re polishing existing content, maybe even adding something new.

I understand that solo, or small team, modding is more efficient, with better "grip", and even, possibly, better individual skills, but still ...... 20,000 hrs of work ......

Would experienced modders and industry insiders in this forum community suggest that indeed a lot of good professional work can still be achieved in a " get serious " last 20,000 hrs " all hands on deck " rush to Launch ?

Compared with two and a half years of a seemingly " casual " approach to EA ( community testing )?

Last edited:
Would experienced modders and industry insiders in this forum community suggest that indeed a lot of good professional work can still be achieved in a " get serious " last 20,000 hrs " all hands on deck " rush to Launch ?
Sounds like a good way to introduce a new crop of game breaking bugs. This close to release they aren't going to abandon their Q&A procedures for greater quantities of untested code. I'm no expert, but I'd imagine TW will be slower and more careful, heading for 25th October to make the console release stable. Sony & Microsoft have more muscle than pc customers and expect minimum standards of performance. S&M wouldn't be happy with crashes - console architecture is fixed, giving no excuse that a customer has weird/unexpected hardware.

Friendly troops trying to attack you (?), enemy troops ignoring you...
I don't think the friendly is trying to attack the player, probably "just" having trouble moving correctly. This may benefit from the upcoming ai movement changes.

I believe there was also a recent change to ranged enemies to improve their melee engagement of nearby enemies.

Edith: Just in case - the relevant developers are also looking at the cavalry targeting, though, that is still work in progress.

I don't think the friendly is trying to attack the player, probably "just" having trouble moving correctly. This may benefit from the upcoming ai movement changes.

I believe there was also a recent change to ranged enemies to improve their melee engagement of nearby enemies.

Edith: Just in case - the relevant developers are also looking at the cavalry targeting, though, that is still work in progress.
Cavalry targeting seems to be a thing of the AI not keeping in mind their movement. Thus they will chamber but will release to late and the horse has already passed the target.

By the way any news on the new beta?

Improvement in cavalry targeting...yes...significant one needed. I want to compete hard with AIs for the kills again like in Warband. In BL im god of horseback stick poking comparing to them 😁

We are aiming to release a hotfix to 180 first.
lol

"are aiming", so TW can´t even tell if they be able to release a hotfix (lol) before the "final" release or do I misunderstood you?

You really gonna release the "final" PC version without us paying beta testers, this will be funny.

And about the console version, you´re aware that those console players will play longer than the allowed 15 gamescon minutes? TW is really confident that they´ll be able to release a non broken version/update even if TW never achieved this with the last 10+ updates.

Back
Top Bottom