cRPG has only a week and already killed Vanilla

Users who are viewing this thread

Or you could keep the grind, but make the maximum power difference similiar to 1000 at your weakest and, I don't know, 3000 gold in Warband MP at your strongest.

I have said this many times but... when the private servers are fully released and the players and modders can choose and do whatever they want with it.. the TW vanilla servers and their game modes will be dead in the water, their siege, captain, skirmish tdm servers will get insta killed.
It already happened, I haven't been able to find a captain match for weeks, the official TW custom servers are all below 30 players, meanwhile all cRPG EU servers are full all time (server one is 120 players and server two is 60 players) with NA cRPG servers amassing around 70 players total and this isn't even during the prime time, it gets even more crowded during the later parts of days. It has gotten so popular that they opened a THIRD EU server, which got 40 players during the time of this post.
When the game launched the best the official siege server got was 1 full server and a 2nd 30% full siege server, that's as far as that hype got.

Well you wouldn't say they didn't do it to themselves. This was some days ago:

FvzjvsW.png

FvzjvsW.png
Bu-but, it's it's just a novelty!!! It will wear off!!
I genuinely think people don't understand that Vanilla never, never had this amount of traffic going on. Imagine they had listened to the community, before planning making the game itself. Terrible design choices.

FvzjvsW.png
I know I'm being extremely optimistic but maybe as this continues (especially after more mp mods are made in the coming months) Taleworlds will finally realize their terrible mistakes and admit that their experiment with native Bannerlord mp has been a disaster and turn it into something more like Warband native. But that probably won't happen.

Same thing was said for Bannerlord Online
Overhyped imo, and overhyping can have detrimental results.
Braindead take, BO is the coolest thing to ever happen to Mount and Blade, it just needs sieges. And It has always had a much higher playercount then vanilla ever since it came out, to this day, there are always atleast 100 people on, at all times of day.

Braindead take, BO is the coolest thing to ever happen to Mount and Blade, it just needs sieges. And It has always had a much higher playercount then vanilla ever since it came out, to this day, there are always atleast 100 people on, at all times of day.
Tbf, and huge props to them, it was the only real stable MP option for a very long time.

I genuinely think people don't understand that Vanilla never, never had this amount of traffic going on. Imagine they had listened to the community, before planning making the game itself. Terrible design choices.
Right now it's a novelty. Even though crpg is fun because of buying and equipping new items, it's pretty flawed. The maps still suffer from being designed for a three flag mode, and it feels like back in beta when crossbows and cavalry were overpowered

Well cRPG devs can only so much while TW continues to sit on their hands with the god awful servers that crash non-stop and limited access to actually being able to mod the game. But hey guys at least we'll get a dead on arrival console release :party:

Right now it's a novelty. Even though crpg is fun because of buying and equipping new items, it's pretty flawed. The maps still suffer from being designed for a three flag mode, and it feels like back in beta when crossbows and cavalry were overpowered
Still missing the point

Still missing the point
Not really. I understand what you mean, but trying to reach a point where crpg is balanced and fun for all playstyles enough to hold everyone's attention will be difficult. Pretty much everything needs to be rebalanced and new maps need to be made and then bug fixed. This is because the balance of vanilla doesn't create good gameplay on it's own.

drastic things = curbing one sided stomps due to entire clans being on the same side
plus maybe adding something similar to warband matchmaking
As it is right now crpg is still based on single player vanilla. So that means with the right archery or crossbow build you kill anyone you see, irregardless of their armor in one to two hits to the body. You need at least 5 agility to defend yourself against cav and cav rides around with impunity killing everyone besides ranged characters staying together in the designated camping spots on the vanilla maps.

As it is right now crpg is still based on single player vanilla. So that means with the right archery or crossbow build you kill anyone you see, irregardless of their armor in one to two hits to the body. You need at least 5 agility to defend yourself against cav and cav rides around with impunity killing everyone besides ranged characters staying together in the designated camping spots on the vanilla maps.
I just know you're that VK_Bark dude who gets no kills and *****es every round.

Cav doesn't seem that OP now, if you look around and don't go AFK (which many people do), it's easy if you bring a spear.
My horse loses 90% of its HP after a twohanded sword cut going like 10 km/h. That's just with 2 PS.
Spears rear my horse quite well and can take me out in no time at all with the spear bonus against cav.
There is a bug concerning the xbows, they get increased damage from Powerdraw, so a bit of fixing and it should already be much better.

Ofcourse it will take a while before it is somewhere near a balanced situation, and we could lose players. But I would argue that players for MP have already waited 2 years for a fun native experience and now lots of them have come back for cRPG. So even if they leave for a while, I think there is a good chance they'll return again this time around.

Back
Top Bottom