How long should I expect to wait for my ticket to get attention?

Users who are viewing this thread

I opened a ticket almost 2 weeks ago as my ironman gamesave has become unrecoverable. I literally cant play my save, and its a very long running (3k days) game that I dont want to lose. I have sent an email but there is no movement on my ticket.

Does anyone have experience with this? How long should I expect to wait?

Are you talking about the Support Ticket in on the official website? That thing is usually used together with the Support section here on these forums. You make a thread here, the QA people will read it, and sometimes they will ask you to upload your save file or crash dump file via the ticket system.

I´m pretty sure they won´t be able to fix your savegame even if they would try.

Their support overall is very bad, but they value feedback.

Take this as one example, it´s about the "grain bug" everyone has it, it´s game breaking:

Reported: 20.08
TW reaction (requesting a savegame, lul): 31.08
Savegame provided: 01.09

Since then just nothing. That´s how good their support for game breaking bugs is, now you can imagine how high the chance is that they´ll even care about a specific problem from one buyer...I mean valued customer.

Last edited:
I´m pretty sure they won´t be able to fix your savegame even if they would try.

Their support overall is very bad, but they value feedback.

Take this as one example, it´s about the "grain bug" everyone has it, it´s game breaking:

Reported: 20.08
TW reaction (requesting a savegame, lul): 31.08
Savegame provided: 01.09

Since then just nothing. That´s how good their support for game breaking bugs is, now you can imagine how high the chance is that they´ll even care about a specific problem from one buyer...I mean valued customer.

That is hilarious. Why'd they need a savegame? It literally is in every playthrough. Shouldn't be difficult to replicate.

3k days? Coulda painted the map 5 or 6 times. Well, maybe you DID. I don't think they can fix your save though. I suggest never ever playing on ironman unless it's going to be a short game like a "challenge to do XYZ" or "just to test ironman". Eventually it's gong to make corrupted save. IIRC in warband there was actually a back up file for your ironman save you could dig out and replace you save with in case of corruption. Not sure if Bannerlord does anything like that.

3k days? Coulda painted the map 5 or 6 times. Well, maybe you DID. I don't think they can fix your save though. I suggest never ever playing on ironman unless it's going to be a short game like a "challenge to do XYZ" or "just to test ironman". Eventually it's gong to make corrupted save. IIRC in warband there was actually a back up file for your ironman save you could dig out and replace you save with in case of corruption. Not sure if Bannerlord does anything like that.
200.gif

Nothing gives a bigger thrill than playing russian roulette with your savegame. THE RUSH!

Depending on the issue, you very likely will never see a true resolution. The best they will do is attempt to patch out the issue 4 months later and break sieges worse again somehow

Thanks for all the replies.
The game is not listed as corrupt - I can load the game, this is why I still held hope for fix. The game saved after a large battle, the map became 'lgaggy', when I move my party my scout gets a lot of scouting xp (notification window gets spammed with scouting level ups) then the game slows to a stop and crashes. I had hoped that they could use some dev trick to stop the xp gain.
It would be pretty devastating if they cant recover the game, ive grown quite enamored with this family i've built.

I had worried that I needed a forumthread.... it doesnt explicitly state that you do so I just opened a ticket.

Thanks for all the replies.
The game is not listed as corrupt - I can load the game, this is why I still held hope for fix. The game saved after a large battle, the map became 'lgaggy', when I move my party my scout gets a lot of scouting xp (notification window gets spammed with scouting level ups) then the game slows to a stop and crashes. I had hoped that they could use some dev trick to stop the xp gain.
It would be pretty devastating if they cant recover the game, ive grown quite enamored with this family i've built.

I had worried that I needed a forumthread.... it doesnt explicitly state that you do so I just opened a ticket.
There could perhaps be some sort of console command you could execute once you figure out where the problem originates from. Execute your scout, send him away, get him to form his own party, etc before moving your party.

Try different combinations of actions to circumvent the crash.

There could perhaps be some sort of console command you could execute once you figure out where the problem originates from. Execute your scout, send him away, get him to form his own party, etc before moving your party.

Try different combinations of actions to circumvent the crash.
Ive tried many things over the last week or two, unfortunately. I tried disbanding the army, removing all my troops, changing the scout to someone else, sending all the companions and family members in my party away (changing scout/sending everyone away just results in my character getting the spam XP and still crashes). I tried console commands to declare peace across the world, I tried getting a mod to fix the grain issue (cause I thought maybe it was the grain spam slowing the game). I tried letting the game run for a few seconds (as it grinds to a halt) and resaving, I kept doing this trying to get the save as close to the tipping point as possible - basically I tried everything I know to try to get this game to stop crashing.

One thing I couldnt do is try to initiate another fight before it crashes - I cant reach any other parties to attack in time.

Ive tried many things over the last week or two, unfortunately. I tried disbanding the army, removing all my troops, changing the scout to someone else, sending all the companions and family members in my party away (changing scout/sending everyone away just results in my character getting the spam XP and still crashes). I tried console commands to declare peace across the world, I tried getting a mod to fix the grain issue (cause I thought maybe it was the grain spam slowing the game). I tried letting the game run for a few seconds (as it grinds to a halt) and resaving, I kept doing this trying to get the save as close to the tipping point as possible - basically I tried everything I know to try to get this game to stop crashing.

One thing I couldnt do is try to initiate another fight before it crashes - I cant reach any other parties to attack in time.

Hmhmh, right... I'll assume you also already removed any mods you used to play with and/or booted the game in the "safe mode".

Have you tried the radical thing of killing your player character and moving on to a new one? If there is no character to appoint the XP dump to perhaps it'll resolve itself. Or max out all the levels of the player character?

But truth be told, it'd be odd that there would be a XP dump in the first place and even weirder that it'd crash your game. Any ideas on what could cause the lag in the first place?

The grain problem is a current issue in 1.8.0 and does cause some lag. If I recall correctly the mod to prevent it only makes sure that lords sell it. But perhaps theres a mod variant out there that deletes it from their inventories?

Have you tried console_executing lords? Perhaps if you execute some lords, they (and their inventories) will vanish from the game and perhaps stop the lag.

@Ananda_The_Destroyer spoke of a feauture in Warband with a backup ironman save. Perhaps @Duh_TaleWorlds knows if there is such a feature as well in Bannerlord?

If I recall correctly the mod to prevent it only makes sure that lords sell it. But perhaps theres a mod variant out there that deletes it from their inventories?
It comes with a console command to immediately clear all parties inventories but i doubt that this is the issue/solution here.. I had that scouting xp fps drop too after some battles and with big tracks around but fortunately it didnt lead to a crash for me and i could just sit it out.

I would try to enable cheatmode and teleport the hell out of that area (ctrl + left click on map) to prevent the scouting xp check to run. Maybe thats enough to prevent a crash until the tracks are gone if thats the cause of the crash. I guess other parties around there will still cause lag until the damn track is gone though but i hope it reduces the lag enough to prevent the game to crash. No guarantee that it works. Im basically talking out of my ass here :smile:

If this doesnt work try to install butterlib so you get a useful crashreport and share it here. Since you already tried using mods taleworlds will only tell you "we cant support modded games.." (in about a month)

Edit: Another idea is to type "campaign.multiply_campaign_speed 0.5" (or even slower; everything above 0 should work) into the console and enable "fast forward" on the campaign map. This causes your game to run at half the speed and should in theory half the cpu load. Then take a shower or grab a beer or something and see if your game survives this time.. again no guarantee just throwing in ideas. Just remember to type "campaign.multiply_campaign_speed 3" (or whatever you prefer as multiplier) afterwards, in case there is an "afterwards", so that "fast forward" isnt slowmotion anymore :grin:

Last edited:
It comes with a console command to immediately clear all parties inventories but i doubt that this is the issue/solution here.. I had that scouting xp fps drop too after some battles and with big tracks around but fortunately it didnt lead to a crash for me and i could just sit it out.

I would try to enable cheatmode and teleport the hell out of that area (ctrl + left click on map) to prevent the scouting xp check to run. Maybe thats enough to prevent a crash until the tracks are gone if thats the cause of the crash. I guess other parties around there will still cause lag until the damn track is gone though but i hope it reduces the lag enough to prevent the game to crash. No guarantee that it works. Im basically talking out of my ass here :smile:

If this doesnt work try to install butterlib so you get a useful crashreport and share it here. Since you already tried using mods taleworlds will only tell you "we cant support modded games.." (in about a month)

Edit: Another idea is to type "campaign.multiply_campaign_speed 0.5" (or even slower; everything above 0 should work) into the console and enable "fast forward" on the campaign map. This causes your game to run at half the speed and should in theory half the cpu load. Then take a shower or grab a beer or something and see if your game survives this time.. again no guarantee just throwing in ideas. Just remember to type "campaign.multiply_campaign_speed 3" (or whatever you prefer as multiplier) afterwards, in case there is an "afterwards", so that "fast forward" isnt slowmotion anymore :grin:
THANK YOU!
I enabled cheat mode and moved my army to the ass end of nowhere. Disbanded... It didnt look good because the game was still very laggy, but i left time running and a day past without crashing - but it was still laggy.
I saved and quit and reloaded... game is smooth again :smile: :smile: Its entirely possible of course that something is still very broken, I will report back here if it is once I get to play the game again (not likely for a couple of weeks).

Oh, the mod I installed is "Slow armies fix", i got that one because of how it was implimented (they discard rather than sell, I assumed that would work better in my situation).

Edit: To clarify some things. It looks like its definitely a track that is causing the scouting spam to crash the game.
If I move my army with cheat mode right after loading, I can move around and the game is smooth (is stutter for a second and recovers), If I then move my army back to where it started (both with cheat mode or by running them there, as soon as they get without sight range the game crashes (and spams scout xp).
Taleworlds you might want to take a look.

Last edited:
THANK YOU!
I enabled cheat mode and moved my army to the ass end of nowhere. Disbanded... It didnt look good because the game was still very laggy, but i left time running and a day past without crashing - but it was still laggy.
I saved and quit and reloaded... game is smooth again :smile: :smile: Its entirely possible of course that something is still very broken, I will report back here if it is once I get to play the game again (not likely for a couple of weeks).

Oh, the mod I installed is "Slow armies fix", i got that one because of how it was implimented (they discard rather than sell, I assumed that would work better in my situation).

Edit: To clarify some things. It looks like its definitely a track that is causing the scouting spam to crash the game.
If I move my army with cheat mode right after loading, I can move around and the game is smooth (is stutter for a second and recovers), If I then move my army back to where it started (both with cheat mode or by running them there, as soon as they get without sight range the game crashes (and spams scout xp).
Glad to hear my brainfarts serve some good once in a while :grin:

THANK YOU!

Hmm sounds like just too much information the game trying to deal with at once. There has been many such bugs before. Glad you got a workaround but I wonder if after so much game time there's just so many things trying to happen all around. Few people play that far so probably very little feedback is given if any problems like that come up.

I opened a ticket almost 2 weeks ago as my ironman gamesave has become unrecoverable. I literally cant play my save, and its a very long running (3k days) game that I dont want to lose. I have sent an email but there is no movement on my ticket.

Does anyone have experience with this? How long should I expect to wait?
Running this game in Ironman mode, with it's many odd and unusual bugs is a bad idea. (And game is still EA ya know) Also saves breaking happens for all sorts of reasons. Sometimes it's TW, sometimes life happens. I know I've had autosaves get corrupt, hence why I will never run Ironman. A bunch of my older saves just kind of disappeared into the Abyss too - not that they are probably compatible anyways. Though they could have been useful for evaluating the game's progress.

Just have some personal restraint and don't reload your game if it isn't a glitch. That's what I did for one character to simulate "Ironman Mode", was pretty eye opening in that losing troops isn't that big of a deal. It's losing all your horses, inventory, etc. that actually sets you back.

Glad you got your save sorted with cheats lol

Ironman + mods = high risk to break your save and almost impossible for TW to support you...
Actually, ironman is just a bad idea in EA... I'm wondering why they even unlocked that feature knowing that the base game would have plenty of bugs...

Does anyone have experience with this?
Couple things you could try
  • If you didn't use mods and uploaded the dump, please share a dump ID so I can have a look where the crash is happening.
  • You could try to load the save game in various versions using the steam beta system and see if any of them don't crash.
    • Ideally, duplicate the save file first.
  • If it's a game bug, maybe the next version will help as we try to resolve crashes by order of user magnitude (dumps).

Perhaps @Duh_TaleWorlds knows if there is such a feature as well in Bannerlord?
I don't think there is such a thing.

I'm wondering why they even unlocked that feature knowing that the base game would have plenty of bugs...
It was a community suggestion / request.

Back
Top Bottom