All the information I brought back from Gamescom (Banners, bug fixes, futur of the game, UI changes, new crafting parts in forge, consoles, etc)

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi everyone, I'm a bit late but the video is here ! (got delayed because of personal issues)
This post won't be as detailed as I would like it to be. I'm currently in a rush.
Nevertheless everything I have is in the video and it has handmade English subtitles.
Enjoy! Personally, I can't wait to play the 1.9.0 beta as (I think that) it will be way more polished than the current 1.8.0 👍

Interesting, and thank you.
Not enough there to even begin to change the minds of us who have been asking for a more fleshed out game.
But for those that are currently satisfied with the game, this shows at least that the release version will be a bit more polished.

In the end, the only real winners of these past 2 years are console players. I hope they are happy.

Last edited:
Interesting, and thank you.
Not enough there to even begin to change the mids of us who have been asking for a more fleshed out game.
But for those that are currently satisfied with the game, this shows at least that the release version will be a bit more polished.

In the end, the only real winners of these past 2 years are console players. I hope they are happy.
I'm very happy but there will be no mod

aragorn-stew-its-good.gif

"Spaghetti flail" that was the translation for the part about the glaives - is that what you call it in French or is it some joke I'm too American to understand?

Great video though, thanks for making it into the land of the G*rms and getting some information. The banner buffs, variable movement, and some of the UX changes are nice - though I suspect for the latter two your instincts of them being included were for consoles.

I get Duh cannot give up too much, but hearing diplomacy being flesh out more is not on the table for the foreseeable future is really depressing. We don't need a CK3 or EU4 level diplomatic options but not having enforceable peace and having the peabrained AI want to fight everyone is really annoying.

...So at the Gamescom it was showed the new beta e1.9.0 version...?
Taleworlds told me that there would be only one beta patch before release. I'm assuming that it will be 1.9.0 ☝️
"Spaghetti flail" that was the translation for the part about the glaives - is that what you call it in French or is it some joke I'm too American to understand?
As I don't know the name of those things at the end of the Glaive, so I called them spaghetti 👍

Yeah, those banner bonuses looked truly useless. Even the names of the Banners need fixing - just in terms of basic English grammar.

The best thing here was seeing that sieges looked to be better and smoother.

Everything else was basically " This is it. That's all you're getting from us. Good luck modders, over to you to save our poorly designed game !"

Thanks @CaptainFracas (y)
Some additions that picked-up my interest:

Banners (still WIP)
  • Give a formation bonus that differs by culture (bonus type) and level (bonus impact, 3 levels), can be dropped in battles and hideouts.
  • Only heroes can equip them, one soldier will bear it during the battle (if he dies, another one will try to to grab it, to maintain the bonus for his formation)
  • We can't grab enemy banners during battles (too bad, that could have been interesting to steal enemy banners on the battlefield).
BANNERlord finally...

Weapon appearance
  • Addition of weapon decoration (leather tassle on glaives for Khuzait, little banners on spears for other cultures) for more variety on the battlefield.
Clever addition to satisfy those who wanted to have dozen of banners in one formation.

Troop collision fix
  • TW improved AI movement by giving them the possiblity to adapt their movement speed (before it was only run/stop).
This will finally remove that unpleasant shaking effect when a lot of troops are massing up in confined areas.

Siege retreat
  • Siege defense: No more possible to retreat, only surrender.
  • Siege attack: All the siege machines will be lost after retreating.
Good move, but players will still be able to retreat and reload their ranged ammo...

UI improvement
  • Icon (chess pawn icon) to tell the player which formations are under her/his control.
This kind of little addition is really welcome and TW needs to keep adding those QoL.

Globally looks good and I can't wait to test the next patch and of course the release version...

Why do people even act like this is a bad thing lol. I'd love to know how often you guys played the vanilla warband versus modded warband. A game being extremely moddable is a great thing and Mount and Blade has also been one of the best modded games out there.
Being moddable is good. But in Bannerlord's case, TW is depending on mods to finish their game.

Depending on mods to add semi-decent diplomacy and things like that is a joke.

I mean the base game is about to launch and single player still has no weather ! An 'open world' game in 2022... with no weather. I mean just think about that for a second.

So yeah, Moddable is good.

Depending on mods to finish a clearly unfinished product = bad.

Last edited:
It was good fun to meet you :smile:
The banners look great and I was wondering if the following mechanics would be technically possible?
  • Player can grab a fallen enemy banner for an additional bonus (limited to one as only the player could do it).
  • Destroy enemy banners and activate a limited buff to nearby troops or debuff to nearby enemies (morale, range, weapon handling, etc.).

The banners look great and I was wondering if the following mechanics would be technically possible?
  • Player can grab a fallen enemy banner for an additional bonus (limited to one as only the player could do it).
  • Destroy enemy banners and activate a limited buff to nearby troops or debuff to nearby enemies (morale, range, weapon handling, etc.).
I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. For one, you would need to think about how players can understand what kind of buff they provide (if it's meant to be specific to the banner you are picking up). For two, the difficulty of introducing "destruction" depends on what you have in mind exactly (f.e. you could just block other troops from picking it up or remove it from the mission when it drops).

Back
Top Bottom