Computer specs to run the game

Users who are viewing this thread

bannernoob

Recruit
Hey guys I'm looking for a new computer and I want to make sure I can run this game comfortably with good graphic settings and large battle numbers. I have tried to find out online but I am a complete idiot when it come to computers and have no idea what any of it means haha. The one I want to get has the following specs:

Dell Precision Tower 3420 SFF Processor: INTEL(R) CORE(TM) I7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHZ
Memory: 16GB DDR4 Storage: 512 GB SSD
Graphics: GM107GL [QUADRO K1200]/HD GRAPHICS 530
Operating System: WIN 10 Pro

I would be deeply grateful if anyone could please let me know and point me in the right direction. I loved Warband and Bannerlord looks sick as hell so I want to make sure I can play it with the new rig.

Ok thanks. Any suggestions? I have about $1000 to spend

That could get a pretty good computer. I would suggest this, with the assumption that you have a monitor, mouse and keyboard. If that's not the case, $1000 will be a lot tougher to work with. Assuming, of course, you are within the U.S. Other countries, that kinda cash might be tougher to work with. With that assumption, here:

The PSU is not something you EVER want to skimp on. SeaSonic is top quality, and this specific one has really good components. The CPU is AMD which is superb and extremely cheap. The motherboard is a bit cheaper and I would suggest something a bit higher tier for better reliability like from Gigabyte or ASUS, but to do that would increase the price.

Prices are just starting to come down though, so if you wait a bit longer, GPUs (graphic cards) might get cheaper but that could take months. There's a good SSD in there for OS and primary titles, as well as a 2TB drive for additional storage (but you could cut it if you want to save more money).

If you do not have a monitor, keyboard and mouse, this would cost a bit more $.

EDIT

Oh, I just want to point that I was trying to get the absolute best for the budget. You could run it on "worse" hardware. It all depends on what you really want. The builds above would run Bannerlord @ 1080p like a champion:

In this video, the GPU is the XT version though, and that would cost $100 roughly more (which IMO I think is a great investment). So you can see by the video, you would stomp the game at 1080p on ultra settings.

Whatever you do, unless absolutely unavoidable, do not get pre-built! lol

That could get a pretty good computer. I would suggest this, with the assumption that you have a monitor, mouse and keyboard. If that's not the case, $1000 will be a lot tougher to work with. Assuming, of course, you are within the U.S. Other countries, that kinda cash might be tougher to work with. With that assumption, here:

The PSU is not something you EVER want to skimp on. SeaSonic is top quality, and this specific one has really good components. The CPU is AMD which is superb and extremely cheap. The motherboard is a bit cheaper and I would suggest something a bit higher tier for better reliability like from Gigabyte or ASUS, but to do that would increase the price.

Prices are just starting to come down though, so if you wait a bit longer, GPUs (graphic cards) might get cheaper but that could take months. There's a good SSD in there for OS and primary titles, as well as a 2TB drive for additional storage (but you could cut it if you want to save more money).

If you do not have a monitor, keyboard and mouse, this would cost a bit more $.

EDIT

Oh, I just want to point that I was trying to get the absolute best for the budget. You could run it on "worse" hardware. It all depends on what you really want. The builds above would run Bannerlord @ 1080p like a champion:

In this video, the GPU is the XT version though, and that would cost $100 roughly more (which IMO I think is a great investment). So you can see by the video, you would stomp the game at 1080p on ultra settings.

Whatever you do, unless absolutely unavoidable, do not get pre-built! lol

Oh wow thanks for taking the time to do such a detailed response! This is extremely helpful!
So do I buy all the parts and assemble it?
Is it difficult to put it all together and to get it working?

Oh wow thanks for taking the time to do such a detailed response! This is extremely helpful!
Not really, but if it´s your first time there are some "traps". I would advise you to go to a PC retailer and talk to them, a good shop will be able to assist you without ripping you off.

It's really not that difficult. It can be really intimidating though, but so long as you are careful, nothing will go wrong. There are a few good videos on the generals of PC building that can help you though. If you would like, I can drop some. The hardest part will be the CPU install, but you just gotta be careful and align to the triangle/mark and it'll be just fine! :smile:

This is ancient tech compared to the contemporary.Stay away from pre-builds.Make a custom one with new hardware.This pre-build is the worst vfm you can get.

Thanks for all the help guys but I just found out that Bannerlord is coming to xbox next month and will probably just play it on that since I only really wanted the computer to play Bannerlord.

Thanks for all the help guys but I just found out that Bannerlord is coming to xbox next month and will probably just play it on that since I only really wanted the computer to play Bannerlord.
Yeah... don't do that. You're going to be stuck with an inferior version of the game and if you really plan to play this game - you are going to want, hell need, mods.

Here's a tweaked version of Ser Jon's recommendation, if you're new to computers - just stick to one drive for now:

Here's a list I put together in a few minutes:

Not a great video card, feel better if you were getting a 3000 series of some kind, but 4000 series will be out soon enough.

Honestly only hard part about assembling computer is putting the CPU in, especially since it's very likely you'll want to get a CPU Cooler which aren't the easiest things to install. Some CPUs come with fans, some don't - so be mindful of that. (A single pea dot in the center will do for thermal paste on the processor). Everything is pretty plug and play these days. As long as you don't try to ram-rod memory (he he pun) in the wrong way and make sure your graphics card has all the extra power connections it needs you'll be fine. And there's no shortage of guides and videos these days.

Join us:
med_1637608061_00019.jpg

Honestly, I agree. Going Xbox, unless they somehow allow mods to it (unlikely), you will end up regretting it later. But, if you're intent on it, you'll get the same vanilla experience at least.

Op if you live in the US see if you live near a Microcenter store. They'll let you pick out all the parts for your pc on your budget and then they'll have a tech assemble it for you and if you're really nice they might even let you watch them do it so you can see how it's done. They even sell their own prebuilts which is basically like having your buddy build you one.

Back
Top Bottom