Realistic AI mod is a must-have for everyone who loves sieges

Users who are viewing this thread

For me personally, RBM and Diplomacy are two must-haves in this game. Unplayable without them. Luckily there are other mods to fill in the gaps.
Diplomacy I'm not sure, because I think that something better can be and will be done. But RBM, I totally agree. Vanilla battles look like masses absorbing other masses.

Last edited:
@geala - Improved AI has troops blocking better, but not super human. You can hit their heads... I tried RMB but must admit it was not my thing. Improved AI does not overpower the game, enemy & friendly troops are just that little better. Cavalry seem to realize they have a lance, although they still don't always use it. And in sieges the overall things I observe is that archers don't line up NEXT to barriers, but actually behind it, so they are no longer just sitting ducks. Troops wait until siege engines are in position (in stead of walking directly behind it and getting sniped), and attack quicker using the siege towers.

Sounds good, I will install the mod and see. Is there a proposed setting or are the default values fine?

I've practically designed a system for that and posted here years ago, totally ignored.
The core of it would be that AI would take hefty casualties every siege within Auto-Calc, and personalities of leading lords would define if they'd take the risk of assaulting or not. This way giving room for real siege warfare where it's all about starving and demoralizing the defenders, while the defenders are actually trying to hold-out for backup armies.
Hi there. That was an awesome mode when I used it years ago and I was holding off on playing the game because of the constant updates. If something like this isn't in the game now, I will probably continue using your mod.

Hi there. That was an awesome mode when I used it years ago and I was holding off on playing the game because of the constant updates. If something like this isn't in the game now, I will probably continue using your mod.
you're making some sort of mistake, I never made any mods for Bannerlord

Back
Top Bottom