Units weigth getting fixed in gamescom version?

Users who are viewing this thread

Dabos37

Sergeant Knight at Arms

Check at 2:50. It looks like TW fixed the current mess we have in the live version.

Yes, we've got a whole thread regarding this issue right here since the very beginning: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...nit-collision-and-mass-fix-suggestion.410721/

Also the confirmation by Dejan that they did work on this issue so it wasn't just a placebo effect on my side :smile: :
Untitled11-1.jpg

So a dev confirmed that sally out, claimant quests and voice acting won´t be in the final release.

Nice one TW! So another 3-5 years until we receive those?

The truth is that the coverage at gamescom has been practically non-existent... thanks for the review @Artem1s and thanks @CaptainFracas for the full clip...

Big hug to both.

Apart from what we already know about the game from our own experience; the gamescom version has:

Good stuff:
Taleworlds seems to have found a way to deal with the wild jittering and it's apparently fixed (we need to try it out first hand anyway). It seems that Taleworlds has opted for a method analogous to RBM where each agent waits their turn and the capsule colliders are "heavier"... but some better pathfinding (plausible)

The clip shows an interesting amount of banner designs.

Bad stuff:
The application of cloth physics is quite janky on the small pieces... very noticeable on the patches of each spearhead... which imo should necessarily float more ( less gravity and less anchor stiffness).

So a dev confirmed that sally out, claimant quests and voice acting won´t be in the final release.

Nice one TW! So another 3-5 years until we receive those?

giphy.gif

#theneverendingstory

Last edited:
The application of cloth physics is quite janky on the small pieces... very noticeable on the patches of each spearhead... which imo should necessarily float more ( less gravity and less anchor stiffness).
This is noticeable on that new imperial shoulders with cape item in 1.8

#theneverendingstory
If this is true, TW is going to end EA (but the dev also said it´s not the final release which really confuses my brain, but it seems there is a state between EA and full release, like the Matrix I guess, that I´m not aware of....) but won´t add all described features from their EA description. What kind of joke is that? Are they really running out of money or what is the reason for this decision?

Voice acting I don´t care much about, but sally out and claimants are ****ing core features!

Hah hah no more comical "excuse me sir let me pass, ty I kill you now" on the siege ladders.
I hope claimants quest has something to offer and not in the style of prisoner breaks and keep battles where it's just it's just "there we added the thing, oh is it bad? Well you ASKED FOR IT!" Some tips" Claimant needs to offer something different then other paths to ruling and be usable before rank 4 or there's no point in doing it. Even something like special gear or special troop accessed would be cool.

Thank god we have that fixed in... september 2022?? Possibly october, actually.

Here is infantry working fine in siege in 2016

There was also a sally out demonstration alongside an interview with some german reporters from gamescom in like 2016/17/18, but I cant find it now. Why delay? There are lines of code for succession crises and civil wars, and yet claimants must wait. Why delay now? This stuff is in the files for YEARS

Thank god we have that fixed in... september 2022?? Possibly october, actually.

Here is infantry working fine in siege in 2016

There was also a sally out demonstration alongside an interview with some german reporters from gamescom in like 2016/17/18, but I cant find it now. Why delay? There are lines of code for succession crises and civil wars, and yet claimants must wait. Why delay now? This stuff is in the files for YEARS
I still believe it was scripted in some kind of way, or what decisions leads to a downgrade from 2016?

"Hey CEO, our AI is working very good!"
"That can´t be, we are a small indie studio please downgrade to improve it later!"

Really, what happened?

I still believe it was scripted in some kind of way, or what decisions leads to a downgrade from 2016?

"That can´t be, we are a small indie studio please downgrade to improve it later!"

Really, what happened?
I honestly feel if someone put in the effort to script that behaviour, they might have as well put in the effort to fix it then and there. More so, I think it would be harder to script an event like that than to just fix spacing as they did now, or as RBM did earlier. I suspect management ****ery. In the 2016 gamescom video you could pay someone 20 influence to follow you. Where did all that dialogue go???

I have a quick question

Never mind

Wasnt there a rumour that, alongside restarting engine development from scratch multiple times, the reason for the lack of content was that the Big Guy got into a fight with a dev around 2016 (around the time the game was almost ready) and axed all of his content? Maybe that?

Really, what happened?
I'm guessing they changed it as a fix for some long-forgotten problem which will probably come back again now that they changed it back.

Check at 2:50. It looks like TW fixed the current mess we have in the live version.

Thanks Artem and Fracas!

Glad this is being addressed, troop jittering has been a major eye sore for some time.

Less enthused about hearing that development is basically going to continue as is beyond release. Voice Over is something that should be in the release or just left off the table for Bannerlord. Adding something like that well after release is kind of tacky. I do not want to start a campaign and then 9 months later find out voice over is finally in-game.

I mean just work on a new M&B title at this point. No shame in doing that, worked pretty well in the case of Warband did it not? Slowly patching a game over the course of many years is just not a good practice. Somewhat acceptable with MP focused games, but for something like the M&B series not so much. All you're going to do is fracture the community. I'd much rather buy a finished product, then be in perpetual state of "Beta". And I think that's true of most people.

A lot of the best games are just tweaked versions of their predecessor. That's really the whole point of expansions as well. I mean take Diablo II, basically same game as Diablo functionally - just with so many "little" improvements that it totally eclipsed it's predecessor.

Let Bannerlord be Bannerlord, warts and all at this point. I really don't think many will object if there's a M&B 2:Conquest two years from now

Really, what happened?
I think what we see in 2016 does not have unit mass or formations pushing each other. I believe the jittering started to happen somewhere after they introduced the ability for formations to affect one another and push and shove.

If you take a closer look at the 2016 siege video, all units seem somewhat static in the gatehouse.

Back
Top Bottom