What would you like to do with your wife ?

Users who are viewing this thread

TW thanks for 1.8 just now

These updates are making it incrementally a better battle simulator and kingdom management game
And Bannerlord looks so good it is hard to go back to Warband - world, even the great mods ...
but
with all these updates sorely needed RPG - building is still apparently not a priority

"Relation" is a thing in BL, there are numbers and obviously some intention re a system.
I marry Arwa and relation increases from 1 to 7 ( and she smiles )
I marry Ladogual and relation stays at -1
I marry Svana and relation stays at 1, but with her father Godun it goes to something like 27 and he is grinning like an idiot ( but not Svana )
This is just a narrow illustration that there seems to be no working system for Relation. Relation does not matter currently.
But it is a key ingredient of a RPG feel.
We could do so many immersive things to climb a Relation network, and importantly NPCs should also seek us out to improve their lot - why not have messengers ask you to meet up with some lord ( or his agent ) in a tavern or keep or market place - for some mission, or an offer to marry into their family, or be their bodyguard ( and then later comes a counter - offer from their enemy to assassinate them ), or offer you any kind of deal ( a fief ? ) or even a present to curry favour with a rising star ......... anything. Not just the PC always soliciting from NPCs " Can I help you with a problem ? " ......... they might offer to help us, the more Relation ( and Reputation ) builds.
Relation should become a potentially more powerful lever than wealth. Especially with family / in-laws, and your liege lord.
So ....
In a great RPG BL what would you like to do with your wife ?
Apart from playing dress ups, adventuring together, making babies, setting up a castle household, hosting feasts .......
Could she ask you to bring her the head of the Sturgian general who slew her brother ?
Could she say " this castle is too provincial " we need to take / acquire that one, or work on the King so he will grant that one to us ........ Could her friends and enemies inside and outside the kingdom influence your story, lead to some The Last Duel situation etc ?
Could we have a mistress / concubine to service as well, or even more than one Wife ( Khuzait, Aserai, Sturgian - see Vlad the Great )?
Could we have a Barber to tailor companions' appearance, and a nicer female body slide to show a curvy etc figure ( not a sack of potatoes )
Could we have a little interest in " nice " undergarments for noble ladies, and a touch of skimp here and there ( the raciest outfit seems to be the short tunic ...... hot ), and a nod to the earthy and passionate life medieval people led. We're all adults ( aren't we ? ) but Bannerlord feels too ..... chaste.
( But please no cut scenes - keep everything, including weddings, in the game world space, like " real " )

Anyway, give TW some inspiration - what would you like to do with your wife ?
And Relation in general ?

Last edited:
>What would you like to do with your wife ?

ayEHJau.jpg

I want for my wife to have a personality. Ask me to help her family by providing military troops / financial aids / organising prison escape if imprisoned. (The opposite is also true. She can ask fer family to help me)

She should have some unique quest, suggest you actions, alliances, provide information about your lords, who is loyal who is not, etc
For that TW should add alliances, make relationship with lords in your kingdom meaningful, etc. Too much work.

It is just plain perplexing that you can ( sure, save scumming ) court your wife, she says she " would be honoured " to marry you, then her never - before met father Relation with you goes to 25, 27, but she stays unmoved at .... -1 ?
Sure TW has a lot on their hands ( like, their bodies ? ), but is this still some simple, little, easy to fix oversight, two and half years in ?
Not that right now a good positive Relation with your wife would actually help, but one day ........

All clan members should have at least 50 relation with you by default on joining your clan as a wanderer or being born/married into it.

It would be actually nice to see your kids growing up. To see your wife at cradle singing song to the kid when you return home from adventuring. See them running around castle with other kids when older. See them train combat with one of your companions. Have some sidequest for kids like finding good tutor, gift them a horse....

It would be actually nice to see your kids growing up. To see your wife at cradle singing song to the kid when you return home from adventuring. See them running around castle with other kids when older. See them train combat with one of your companions. Have some sidequest for kids like finding good tutor, gift them a horse....
Oh, I LIKE that idea!

All clan members should have at least 50 relation with you by default on joining your clan as a wanderer or being born/married into it.
I know that core battle AI, weapons vs armour, Diplomacy, etc, all need a ton of work still ........
But RPG touches are just as essential, not a luxury ; they are a " soft power ", and give a game that immersive personal narrative.

In one experimental save game I serially bribed ( something like 9K in all ) Ladogual from -1 up to 6 Relation, then married her. Her father, from that " clan " 6 zoomed up to 30 Relation ( " my friend " ) - she reverted to her original -1 ......... from fiancee 6 ........

TW is this a bug ? " EA", but still, in 1.8 ? Would not this tiny sort of glitch be simple to recalibrate ?

Ladogual is described as " friendly but manipulative "- is this groundwork for traits to eventually have some bearing in BL ?
If so, how could a " friendly but manipulative " wife actually play out ?

( In another save game I married Silvind ( a " fierce and cruel " wife ........ ), I scored a " Critical Success ! " in courtship ( with no save scumming ! ), her relation stayed at 0; now, 9 days after the wedding, she is still " Regrouping ", apparently lost, somewhere ........ she was last in Battania, pretty central on the map, should have only taken a few days to make it to any tavern, to pick up ............ TW is this a bug ?
PS In another test save, today, she appeared day 6 post - wedding, at Marunath, so it looks like sometimes it just takes a bit longer than you would think )

Regrettably, this is all still irrelevant, the way Relation does not do anything - but one would hope that a solid foundation has been laid by now, where at least the simple numbers make sense .......... and we wait and wait for a real Relation network to be built on that foundation.

I know how faintly ridiculous this all sounds, but I'm just putting a spotlight on the basic numbers not even working.
Really I am thinking ahead to what we could really get out of our wives, Relation, clans, etc, with good, inspired, writing .......
Would any Dev care to give us some encouragement ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom