CEO Statement regarding the release

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't think Armagan or generic professionalism were the point of @NPC99 Rather he seemed to discuss the way that the game was built and how it compares to the current product that had greater experience and resources at its disposal. In this, Bannerlord enforces/follows certain standards more strictly (no module_scripts with its 50k+ lines, for one ).
Absolutely. Warband's registers were scary - could be hijacked by by any other chunck of code triggered at an inopportune moment. https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/engine-pitfalls-or-bugs.375252/

Last edited:
I have no real knowledge about modding/programming but from my simple POV, it´s a huge advantage that Bannerlord has the option to combine different mods. Warband only could use one mod, as far as I know.

I always wanted to learn how to make mods for Warband/Bannerlord, but figuring out where to start as a total newb seems impossible. Now I just look forward to the work of far more talented folk. :ROFLMAO:

I always wanted to learn how to make mods for Warband/Bannerlord, but figuring out where to start as a total newb seems impossible. Now I just look forward to the work of far more talented folk. :ROFLMAO:
Look at some tutorial videos:

If you catch the bug, join the M&B Modding discord - big blue button at the top of this forum page https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?pages/modding/
See what mods are recruiting, if you prefer to join a team.

Last edited:
it´s a huge advantage that Bannerlord has the option to combine different mods.
Now, that is one of things we have to thank TW for their work. Warband was really frustrating at this. Bc in one mod, i did not like things the mod include or in another mod, i did not like the mod did not include one feature of the previous mod.

But with BL, i can manage which mod to play or not.
You could mod several mods into one mod :p
Yeah, i thank for all modders doing this kind of work for WB. But i really like individually select my mods, managing their load order, installing their patches and eventually play it. In this way, you get a sense of "hey, this gaming experience is something i have done". But of course, this feeling is thanks to firstly the company making a game this moddable, secondly modders.

2k hours in Skyrim and i do not know how much time i spend while installing mods, installing their patches, doing the load order etc. But at the end, it was always worth it. I hope BL would be the same in the future.

I don't think Armagan or generic professionalism were the point of @NPC99 Rather he seemed to discuss the way that the game was built and how it compares to the current product that had greater experience and resources at its disposal. In this, Bannerlord enforces/follows certain standards more strictly (no module_scripts with its 50k+ lines, for one ).
speaking of which, any future plans of mod kits? Transfering values into XML for quicker minor edits? just curious

Now, that is one of things we have to thank TW for their work. Warband was really frustrating at this. Bc in one mod, i did not like things the mod include or in another mod, i did not like the mod did not include one feature of the previous mod.

But with BL, i can manage which mod to play or not.

Yeah, i thank for all modders doing this kind of work for WB. But i really like individually select my mods, managing their load order, installing their patches and eventually play it. In this way, you get a sense of "hey, this gaming experience is something i have done". But of course, this feeling is thanks to firstly the company making a game this moddable, secondly modders.

2k hours in Skyrim and i do not know how much time i spend while installing mods, installing their patches, doing the load order etc. But at the end, it was always worth it. I hope BL would be the same in the future.
I haven't played skyrim for a couple years because each time it takes me around a month to setup my load order! :lol:
I think just my "essentials" mod list comprises of over 300 mods alone, and I love adding content to make multiple heavy RP toons in sequence, so I tend to have all feature mods installed from the get go, add to that graphic enhancements and bam, the list's endless and takes forever to deal with compatibility issues, patching, manual patching! Makes me lazy even to think about it
And I only played back in 2020 because the entire thing was retroactively possible to update and I had backed up my Load Order along with skyrim from, idk, 2018 or something. This time I'd have to restart due to major patches and phew...

Last edited:
spiderwebkid-300x225.jpg

I thought this will be the game of my dreams, everything that Warband already had in better, bigger and expanded (+4k sheep texture).

Boy was I wrong....

Same brother. We were here criticizing the shortcomings in the very beginning, fighting the white knights like they were the AI armies in Bannerlord....

Its sad that everything we feared came to pass, and the game ended up a complete and total failure.

Start with one specific thing. Ideally xml tweak or addition of asset (lets say texture).

As much as I want the developers to just finish the game and get out of the way so mods can be made to make the game actually good and not break anymore...that is not going to happen is it? No. They are going to release the game, unfinished and buggy and continue to develop and break mods.

So the game is going to be released, to try to make more money while continuing to rain havoc on mod makers and the ability to make the game good on our own. All this is going to do other than make Taleworlds more money faster, is ruin the games reputation with a terrible launch that is going to be worse than Cyberpunks.

A release that ruined CD Reds reputation and this company does not have a great reputation yet to ruin. Bad move.

Bannerlord has flaws, but no-one would be modding or enjoying this game if it was a "complete and total failure". Speaks more of a closed mind than an objective assessment.
Ok, so what do you say about (like it seems) missing features (voice acting, sally out, claimants) in the "not so final" release?

It´s okay I guess because it´s already a good game and will only get better, right?

Ok, so what do you say about (like it seems) missing features (voice acting, sally out, claimants) in the "not so final" release?

It´s okay I guess because it´s already a good game and will only get better, right?
I want sally out, claimants and back alley criminal empires and the other stuff promised in TW's Future Plans, but their current absence doesn't make the game a "complete and total failure" as well you know, Even with them added the game will fall short of my original hopes and expectations, but I don't hold anyone accountable for that apart from myself.

No, they´ll only release an incomplete game, with systems that doesn´t really work as they should, a lot of stupid design decisions and a lot of stuff that doesn´t do anything at all (stances, traits, relations and other stuff).

That´s what I call a very good game!

they´ll only release an incomplete game
As far as I can see, the 25th October release date is a pantomime for the console market and EA will continue thereafter just under a different name (semantics). At least the impending release is unlocking server files giving the MP community a chance to start again on more reliable servers (or more reliably supervised servers).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom