Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.5

Users who are viewing this thread

Empire definitely doesn't need any buff, it's already one of the best factions in Bannerlord.

Empire definitely doesn't need any buff, it's already one of the best factions in Bannerlord.
"Ragequit if you die as this unit" is still a fatal flaw IMO. TaleWorlds has no interests in giving Empire a solid pick for late joiners, so it's probably prudent for every other Empire unit to be balanced around this.

Menavlions are about the second slowest two-handed weapons for shock troops, and can be less reliable in claustrophobic areas in a shock troop vs shock troop fight, archers and light cav are on par with what other factions have, and the reduced cost of Legionaries is pretty ineffectual compared to the armaments of other heavy infantry units.

you keep rambling on about Empire and the recruit in particular, yet noone else does... wonder why that is
Because i seem to be the only sane person in the face of intentional imbalancing in multiplayer games, an issue that I've seen in two completely different games too: SoulCalibur VI and Killing Floor 2. At least those games can vaguely justify their imbalances (emphasis on vaguely, of course) as an attempt to sell a product. What exactly is the reason for having intentionally bad picks in Bannerlord?

Recruits can get cut down easily by non-pitchfork farming tools, which in turn are weapons that TaleWorlds put in the game as intentionally bad picks. TaleWorlds deliberately made the Empire's 100 cost unit worse than an Improved Armor/Farmer Peasant Levy, a perk setup that's a death sentence in every other scenario in the game.

I get that the Recruit will never be as good as other peasant units in Bannerlord, and that's why I'll always play against Empire when having to choose between Empire and a non-Empire faction. The fact that the unit has been unplayable since release (sole exception being the time when the Pugio was in the game) likely suggests that TaleWorlds wants a unit that's insufferably bad.

Last edited:
It is a 100 gold unit with throwings. It is not bad
I've honestly never understood this particular crusade. Spatha is not a bad sword, with Imp. Javelins you can oneshot some classes and you have a medium shield, access to spear. Good all around support to Legions. Even among Empire classes that need love I put the Recruit pretty low.

Spatha is not a bad sword
It's still worse than Sturgia's Raider Axe or Short Sword (Warrior's shortsword is attached to 24 armor), the Khuzait Rabble's Sickle, Peasant Levy's Hammer or Sickle (16 Armor IIRC), Aserai Tribal's Kaskara, and the Battanian Mace/Axe combo

Imp. Javelins you can oneshot some classes and you have a medium shield, access to spear
Imperial Javelins/Spatha is the only perk worth picking tbh. You're not gonna live long enough to make use of the Javelin x6's higher total damage, Footwork is basically useless, and you aren't gonna live long enough to see your shield take more than 80 damage. Even with the best possible loadout, I feel like the Recruit will lag behind in enough situations that late joiners are SOL and early birds have to play other classes perfectly.

The "access to spear" also requires the Recruit to replace his primary source of damage with what'd better be a one-hit-kill when thrown, cuz you'll be naked once it hits something that's not the environment. Personally, I think the Pila should just be removed from non-captain modes in favour of a one-handed pitchfork (180 reach, less damage than the Vlandian Spear) to accompany a quiver of three Javelins.

But my suggestions might make the Recruit good, and we can't have that now, can we? Hence why I instead suggested in an earlier post to buff other Imperial classes to compensate for the Recruit's shortcomings.

It's still worse than Sturgia's Raider Axe or Short Sword (Warrior's shortsword is attached to 24 armor), the Khuzait Rabble's Sickle, Peasant Levy's Hammer or Sickle (16 Armor IIRC), Aserai Tribal's Kaskara, and the Battanian Mace/Axe combo

There is no way that the spatha is worse than the sickle or hammer lmao, also none of the other classes have throwing weapons? Let's not forget that javelins can be used in melee to deal devastating damage + rear horses.

Footwork is basically useless

Jesus christ, it's one of the best perks alongside melee expert.

Warbands class system when?

Never, they said this won't change because they want to implement microtransactions with skins.

Jesus christ, it's one of the best perks alongside melee expert.
The butter knife attached to it will only succeed in getting you killed because you missed all your javelins, likewise with the Stronger Shield perk.

Since the devs seem to be willing to be flexible with "Improved Armor" perks like how Berserker Skin and Extra Chainmail only give +4 Armor, I think rebranding Footwork to be some sort of "Survival Instinct" perk would be a good way to buff Footwork into being an extra armor perk, with the justification being the conscript's survival instincts kicking in. I imagine the accuracy while moving bonuses would have to be toned down to compensate for an extra four or five points of armor, but I do think that the Recruit could do with a perk that gives him about as much armor as an Improved Armor Rabble or Peasant Levy

The butter knife attached to it will only succeed in getting you killed because you missed all your javelins, likewise with the Stronger Shield perk.
The weapon doesn't get you killed, missing javalins doesn't get you killed. This perk actually helps you survive as you can outrun people.

Back
Top Bottom