Can You atleast FIX the annoying WAR/Peace thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

xGreedo

Regular
Before you release the game i beg you please FIX the damn war and peace spam, this is ridiculous war is lasting for 2-3 days before making peace again!
Declaring war shouldn't be a joke,kingdoms should be forced to commit to a war for an extended period of time! (a default number of days will do let's say the kingdom is only able to make peace after 50 days of war including the players kingdom!) Even if multiple kingdoms declare war on a single kingdom!

How am i supposed to get immersed in a world that treats declaration of war to be a joke? in a game that is all about war and battles i'm asking the bare minimum here it's been 2 years COME ON!!!!

Before you release the game i beg you please FIX the damn war and peace spam, this is ridiculous war is lasting for 2-3 days before making peace again!
Declaring war shouldn't be a joke,kingdoms should be forced to commit to a war for an extended period of time! (a default number of days will do let's say the kingdom is only able to make peace after 50 days of war including the players kingdom!) Even if multiple kingdoms declare war on a single kingdom!

How am i supposed to get immersed in a world that treats declaration of war to be a joke? in a game that is all about war and battles i'm asking the bare minimum here it's been 2 years COME ON!!!!
+1
But it should be 1 in-game year(84 days) for peace and war.

1 in-game year would be nice. It would stop that never-ending war against many kingdoms thing and probably make for shorter games (which would be fine with me. Tbh, I like the game until your kingdom takes about 1/2 the fiefs, then it just becomes an extremely tedious grind because you can't actually defeat a kingdom and every kingdom out there is warring you, even those that are not directly adjacent to you and those without any fiefs.

I'm sure they are writing this down and will fix it ASAP.

Joking aside, I do wonder why they didn't just force a day limit on it. Even 1 year would be great. There's no risk if they can start a war and end it within 2-3 days. And it's super annoying as the player to be nearly done with the war, only to have the AI decide it's been enough...almost all of the time.

I think the diplomacy mod fixed this as last I played I could set the minimum times for events. Should your described problem be fixed? Absolutely, but I feel like that ship has sailed as they spent so much time at the start of EA tinkering with the snowballing problem that I bet they don't want to touch it again. They're probably just gonna focus on optimization before console release.

I have never seen these one day wars.

What I do see alot is that if a faction is at war with more than one other faction it will automatically make peace with one of the factions; even if that means making peace after one day. This is clearly an anti-snowballing mechanism.

Duration of war being dependable on some artifical time window is not a good solution. War should cost money ( a hell lot of) and manpower. Got enough of both? Of to war we go. Coffers empty and manpower pool as well? Sue for peace....oh wait a sec. Money plays no role and manpower pool is non existent in this game 🤭

Duration of war being dependable on some artifical time window is not a good solution. War should cost money ( a hell lot of) and manpower. Got enough of both? Of to war we go. Coffers empty and manpower pool as well? Sue for peace....oh wait a sec. Money plays no role and manpower pool is non existent in this game 🤭
This is blatantly false. The number of troops in AI parties and garrisons are directly linked to the wealth of the clans.

I have one milion denars but I can't raise an army cause I have run out of influence (gimmicky parallel game currency) = money has no meaning.

+1

One of the most annoying letdowns of Bannerlord is war/peace. They NEVER fixed it. Never added anything significant for 2 years with exception of broken tribute system.

In Warband, there were border disputes and other events which would lead wars. That would make it more immersive and believable. And when you seek peace, you would send diplomats/messengers to the enemy. It would take time to learn enemy's response to your offer.

But in Bannerlord, you can simply force "peace" by clicking a button. If enemy is about to take one of your most important cities, not a problem, just click the button and peace is reached, enemy has no say in it. It's very easy to exploit the game with that system.

Bannerlord war&peace exploitation: Assemble your army in the gates of targeted city/castle > Declare war > Siege and conquer the settlement (enemy is not organized yet so no help is coming to the besieged settlement) > Declare peace (enemy may be about to retake the settlement or take one of your settlements but "sudden" enforced peace prevents them anyway) > Declare war again after some time with the same tactic > Repeat...

They didn't implement features which could fix it for 2 YEARS. And they do not plan to fix it in full release. Even if they'd simply adopt Warband's peace via messenger system in the beginning, that would solve the problem.

+1

One of the most annoying letdowns of Bannerlord is war/peace. They NEVER fixed it. Never added anything significant for 2 years with exception of broken tribute system.

In Warband, there were border disputes and other events which would lead wars. That would make it more immersive and believable. And when you seek peace, you would send diplomats/messengers to the enemy. It would take time to learn enemy's response to your offer.

But in Bannerlord, you can simply force "peace" by clicking a button. If enemy is about to take one of your most important cities, not a problem, just click the button and peace is reached, enemy has no say in it. It's very easy to exploit the game with that system.

Bannerlord war&peace exploitation: Assemble your army in the gates of targeted city/castle > Declare war > Siege and conquer the settlement (enemy is not organized yet so no help is coming to the besieged settlement) > Declare peace (enemy may be about to retake the settlement or take one of your settlements but "sudden" enforced peace prevents them anyway) > Declare war again after some time with the same tactic > Repeat...

They didn't implement features which could fix it for 2 YEARS. And they do not plan to fix it in full release. Even if they'd simply adopt Warband's peace via messenger system in the beginning, that would solve the problem.
Which is why feasts are so crucial to the game. War and peace shouldn't be decided unless at a feast where the majority of members are gathered. You could then capture enemies who you know want to war with your kingdom to sway the outcome

This is blatantly false. The number of troops in AI parties and garrisons are directly linked to the wealth of the clans.
Please explain to me how a faction that has no trade caravans, no workshops and holds to castles or towns and has no money can afford to pay for mercenaries? Where does that money come from?
I have one milion denars but I can't raise an army cause I have run out of influence (gimmicky parallel game currency) = money has no meaning.
Having multiple currencies stinks of mobile gaming and is one of my biggest pet peeves with this game. Influence should've been tossed out the window a long time ago, but Taleworlds has so little experience with making games they just don't see the problem.

Please explain to me how a faction that has no trade caravans, no workshops and holds to castles or towns and has no money can afford to pay for mercenaries? Where does that money come from?

Having multiple currencies stinks of mobile gaming and is one of my biggest pet peeves with this game. Influence should've been tossed out the window a long time ago, but Taleworlds has so little experience with making games they just don't see the problem.
Amen brother 🖖

Tributes, once a faction becomes tiny they started to get paid tributes by the larger factions to **** off from being annoying.

In regard to OP, short wars are really just tribute renegotiation. The entire war/peace system is really just about attempting to improve a factions tributes from other factions. So sometimes you'll see 1 day wars because factions will see a faction that is under pressure from multiple factions and will be able to get a better deal for their tributes. Before they added tributes we use to have multiyear wars with multiple factions and it was ****ing stupid as there was no real way to get peace.

Now i definitely agree that a real diplomacy system with actual negotiations would be far better, but this is what we got so gotta live with it. or just dl diplomacy

I have no caravans, no workshops nor do I hold any castles or towns. I am still the richest clan in the world:wink:

Mobile gaming indeed... I cant think of a single Paradox title that doesnt come with multiple currencies.

I have no caravans, no workshops nor do I hold any castles or towns. I am still the richest clan in the world:wink:
The difference is that you are rich because of selling prisoners and equipment gained from winning battles. Kingdoms with no fiefs are constantly losing battles and really do have no sources of income. Yet somehow, they are still considered a kingdom (mostly an annoyance) and don't just disappear.

The difference is that you are rich because of selling prisoners and equipment gained from winning battles. Kingdoms with no fiefs are constantly losing battles and really do have no sources of income. Yet somehow, they are still considered a kingdom (mostly an annoyance) and don't just disappear.
I agree, it is annoying that they do not disappear. Warbands solution with having them leave for other factions seemed much more sensible. It is puzzling that TW didnt just stick to that.

I believe clans or kingdoms do get a small base income.

Back
Top Bottom