what are the conditions to trigger pregnancy?

Users who are viewing this thread

snuggans

Veteran
initially i read that the two characters have to be in the same settlement or party, but then i read some 2 year old reddit posts that had governors in two different towns have a baby, and 2 different party leaders also having a baby. i'm wondering if there's just the one way or if theres multiple paths. would love some confirmation here

At a certain time in the night while waiting in fief( I think as it changes to morning) it rolls a chance for pregnancy for each couple that's together. I don't know if there anything special for NPCs, it could be that the game cheats and considers them in the same fief at night for breeding, not sure.
For you the player, you must be in the same fief as you spouse for sure though, during the late night check for preggers. Here's a old video but it's mostly accurate except now the Verile perk helps you get +chance and it's much harder to kill you spouse in battle.

Last edited:
initially i read that the two characters have to be in the same settlement or party, but then i read some 2 year old reddit posts that had governors in two different towns have a baby, and 2 different party leaders also having a baby. i'm wondering if there's just the one way or if theres multiple paths. would love some confirmation here
keep spouse in the party (less chances) or sit in a town until RNG decides it's time for humping.
From what I've gathered from Bannerlord's strategy Yodas (youtubers who have been pumping out guides) the best way to get the pregnancy to happen's to sit in a town, wait for right before daily wage tick, save, let the tick happen -> if pregnancy = profit, if not = save-scum until you get it

It seems to me that something has been changed in a pregnancy formula since 1.7.2. Before that, my character had no problems with making babies, but now both of my chars could barely make 2 children while being around 25-30 y. o. In the meantime, I married one of my daughters to the 71 y. o. ruler of Vlandia, and they already have like 5 or 7 babies.

Hello, these are what I read from code:
Ananda_The_Destroyer is correct. The game cheats with NPCs.
Every day game checks if a hero gets pregnant.
First it checks if both heroes are in the same settlement. Here heroes that aren't part of player's clan have 20% chance to be considered in the same settlement even if they aren't.
Secondly, it calculates a pregnancy chance. This chance is based on couple factors:
  • Number of children decreases the chance exponentially (0 child, divided by 1. 1 child, divided by 4. 2 children, divided by 9 etc).
  • NPCs (including player clan) might get a penalty that depends on clan tier and clan lord count. Player doesn't get any penalty.
  • The chance is decreased by female hero's age.
  • The chance is increased by Virile perk
The player character with a 22 years old wife and no children has 12.4% chance without the perk.
The idea that you need to be in the same settlement during night seems to be speculation. Game checks heroes at different times of the day. Calradia is a place people can reproduce at any time :smile:

Worth noting that 'waiting for nightfall' at bandit camps also allows pregnancy chances to happen.

(Guess they count as 'settlements' or 'fiefs' in terms of the code...?)

The idea that you need to be in the same settlement during night seems to be speculation. Game checks heroes at different times of the day. Calradia is a place people can reproduce at any time :smile:
TBC the player can't get/make pregnant without being in the fief with spouse during the check right? I have never had a spouse get pregnant when not waiting in a fief (or bandit hideout wait lol) since the very early versions of the game. As for the time of the check, you're right it's never been known to me. However I seem to get the message in the morning with the pay message.

TBC the player can't get/make pregnant without being in the fief with spouse during the check right? I have never had a spouse get pregnant when not waiting in a fief (or bandit hideout wait lol) since the very early versions of the game. As for the time of the check, you're right it's never been known to me. However I seem to get the message in the morning with the pay message.
Actually now that I checked some other stuff, for the first character it is possible that everybody gets the same time. Because the first character is added to the heroes list at the same time for everybody. That explains why people think it happens at night (spoiler, not night but early morning).
However for hero's child, it seems like it would be more random since the child will be added to the list at different times.

Hello, these are what I read from code:
Ananda_The_Destroyer is correct. The game cheats with NPCs.
Every day game checks if a hero gets pregnant.
First it checks if both heroes are in the same settlement. Here heroes that aren't part of player's clan have 20% chance to be considered in the same settlement even if they aren't.
Secondly, it calculates a pregnancy chance. This chance is based on couple factors:
  • Number of children decreases the chance exponentially (0 child, divided by 1. 1 child, divided by 4. 2 children, divided by 9 etc).
  • NPCs (including player clan) might get a penalty that depends on clan tier and clan lord count. Player doesn't get any penalty.
  • The chance is decreased by female hero's age.
  • The chance is increased by Virile perk
The player character with a 22 years old wife and no children has 12.4% chance without the perk.
So they did the same as the Guild 3 Devs, and make every couple unable to get childs, because their family is too big?
This is not right, if they want to limit the amount of childs, they should make it, like it works in CK3, who every couple can have as many childs up to their living child limit.

Last edited:
up to what age in the game can a woman get pregnant up to 45? mine is 38 now. she is 4 but it would be nice if she got pregnant again. I play on the hardest level and I try to play in a real way to the character's behavior and the game drags on but I like it because it will be a few generations.

up to what age in the game can a woman get pregnant up to 45? mine is 38 now. she is 4 but it would be nice if she got pregnant again. I play on the hardest level and I try to play in a real way to the character's behavior and the game drags on but I like it because it will be a few generations.
Yes 45 is the cut off. However your chance is extremely low if that woman has had 4 already. If she dies and you marry somebody who has no kids it only checks how many kids the woman has had so it's a better chance again.

Back
Top Bottom