Patch Notes e1.8.0

Users who are viewing this thread

UI changes: 756463 things

Multiple loadouts:
Drake-Meme-PNG-Clipart-Background.png

Hello, there may be problems as I am writing this article from translation. First of all, thank you for updating the game and fixing bugs. But frankly, the game still has a lot of shortcomings. I'm afraid these will be fixed when the full version comes out, but I still want to say what needs to be added to the game

1-Diplomacy Diplomacy is quite insufficient in Bannerlord, as in Warband, for example, when I want to wage war on a kingdom and win great victories against it and want to make peace, I have to pay tribute to them, frankly, alliances, non-aggression, defense, trade agreements should be added to the game and the peace logic should be like europa universalis 4.

2-New Money Sources Unfortunately, the technique of making quick money in the game cannot go beyond blacksmithing, for example, systems such as increasing the earnings of the workshop, passing the belongings of the lords we executed to us, making more money from our business by advertising can be added.

3-Ship Wars Although there are ports on the map and we cannot interact with them for now, I have full faith that this will be added. But if this system is added, if systems such as ship missions, ship guard are added, I am sure that most people will enter the viking mode and enjoy for hours.

4-Drawings For example, if the reason why the drawings were famous in warband was not more than one genre. In other words, in most of the bannerlord pictures, we see a mounted commander and the soldiers behind him, but it would be nice if more types of pictures were added, especially the viking picture in warbannda. Even when entering the lord hall of the cities, a picture about it on the loading screen, a picture about it on the loading screen, while entering the tournament and arena, a picture about them for the loading screen when entering the tournament and the arena, a picture about it for the roam the castle option makes up for the lack of pictures of the game. (I am not disparaging the existing pictures.)

-5 Dialogues One of the biggest shortcomings of the game is the dialogues. There were a lot of dialogue options in Warband. But in bannerlord, there are only exchange offers, mission dialogue and dialogues for lords, also about attracting to our side, the dialogues should definitely be increased, for example, in warband, when a lord quarreled with another lord, we could ask him a question about it, it was a small but rich content. We could think of a variety of things. We could think of a variety of things. It would be great to see the enhanced version of these dialog options in bannerlord. That's all I have written, I hope these are and you will add the requests of the community as soon as possible. Good evening :smile:

is this the final version of the game?
No, they will of course add the missing stuff from their "roadmap" and I hope fix all major and most minor bugs, that will be the final version. Should be ready in Q2/2023.

Focus right now is on the console version. Don´t expect anything before Gamescon and expect the same "pace" after it, one "major" update each 8-12 weeks, unless they decide to put more focus on the console version after Gamescon, then final release might be in 2024.

You paid what you get for with this EA, the console demo playable at Gamescon in 2022.

RELEASE DATE:
30 Mar, 2020
“While we do not have a set date for a full release at this moment in time, we expect that the game will be in early access for around a year. Our focus is on ensuring that the game is fun and enjoyable rather than imposing a deadline that might have a negative impact on the final product.”
I can´t find anything related to the console version in the EA description for a PC game I paid for on PC, but what do I know? Would there even exist a console demo version right now with lesser EA success. No, of course no. We all funded the early console port, thanks to us.

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?​

The early access version of the game contains a wealth of content that will keep players engaged for many hours. While the early access version is very much stable and playable, players can expect to run into some obscure bugs and other issues while playing that we intend to locate and fix before the full release.

The early access version will be reusing scenes for different towns, may lack some supporting features, may have a limited number of quests, voice-overs, etc. and may lack localizations for some languages.

Throughout the course of the early access period we intend to introduce the missing supporting features, such as, rebellions, kingdom creation and weapon crafting, while expanding and enhancing many of the existing features that are outlined below.”
Well, this didn´t age well I guess...

I really would like to know how many dev hours went into the playable console demo version....with TW in mind I believe more than 3 hours (I mean even Mexxico had to work on the console version for some time at least, as he said back then).

I claimed this very early, where are all those white knights now? That defended TW?

"Bro, TW is doing good, they are just a small indie studio, don´t be so negative" :grin:

Right now, a former TW dev is trying to tell them how to fix whatever :grin:

If this would be a comedy serie, I would love it. But it´s just a game from a company I trusted. Still funny though.

Last edited:
No, they will of course add the missing stuff from their "roadmap" and I hope fix all major and most minor bugs, that will be the final version. Should be ready in Q2/2023.

Focus right now is on the console version. Don´t expect anything before Gamescon and expect the same "pace" after it, one "major" update each 8-12 weeks, unless they decide to put more focus on the console version after Gamescon, then final release might be in 2024.

You paid what you get for with this EA, the console demo playable at Gamescon in 2022.

RELEASE DATE:
30 Mar, 2020

I can´t find anything related to the console version in the EA description for a PC game I paid for on PC, but what do I know? Would there even exist a console demo version right now with lesser EA success. No, of course no. We all funded the early console port, thanks to us.

Well, this didn´t age well I guess...

I really would like to know how many dev hours went into the playable console demo version....with TW in mind I believe more than 3 hours (I mean even Mexxico had to work on the console version for some time at least, as he said back then).

I claimed this very early, where are all those white knights now? That defended TW?

"Bro, TW is doing good, they are just a small indie studio, don´t be so negative" :grin:

Right now, a former TW dev is trying to tell them how to fix whatever :grin:

If this would be a comedy serie, I would love it. But it´s just a game from a company I trusted. Still funny though.
TW upper management looking at the forums:

giphy.webp

"Fixes
  • Fixed a bug that ...
  • Fixed a bug ...
  • Fixed a bug that ...
  • Fixed a few exploits that ...
  • Fixed a bug that ...

Changes
  • Players can now reset the perks of clan members through the arena master - Wow, awesome....
  • Removed the wealth component for AI’s settlement value score calculation to make defection decisions more meaningful.
  • Decreased the AI's daily defection consideration chance to prevent AI clans from defecting to AI factions from the player's faction. (This is a temporary solution. We will continue to improve the defection feature and AI's defection score calculation.)"
So, basically nothing NEW added, no REAL changes or improvements made. Yet it will (as always) break ALL the mods we use to make the game WHAT IT SHOULD BE....

Not worth updating for this.
Forcing me to play with Steam in offline mode as I hate the fact that I do NOT get the option to DECLINE an update until I have read the patch notes. Automatic updates on UNSTABLE editions should be OPTIONAL.
Thanks

Very well done, Taleworlds. This game is already a masterpiece, albeit with some bugs to iron out. The balance changes, and overall graphics and sound are really excellent. Keep up the great work!

"Fixes
  • Fixed a bug that ...
  • Fixed a bug ...
  • Fixed a bug that ...
  • Fixed a few exploits that ...
  • Fixed a bug that ...

Changes
  • Players can now reset the perks of clan members through the arena master - Wow, awesome....
  • Removed the wealth component for AI’s settlement value score calculation to make defection decisions more meaningful.
  • Decreased the AI's daily defection consideration chance to prevent AI clans from defecting to AI factions from the player's faction. (This is a temporary solution. We will continue to improve the defection feature and AI's defection score calculation.)"
So, basically nothing NEW added, no REAL changes or improvements made. Yet it will (as always) break ALL the mods we use to make the game WHAT IT SHOULD BE....

Not worth updating for this.
Forcing me to play with Steam in offline mode as I hate the fact that I do NOT get the option to DECLINE an update until I have read the patch notes. Automatic updates on UNSTABLE editions should be OPTIONAL.
Thanks
There are significant improvements to battle and campaign map performance in this update, from what I saw when I tried it. Also army AI seemed a lot better. Not new content but improvements at least.

An odd behaviour I've not experienced before (including on 1.8.0 beta) - my army in a besieged town (Varcheg) is getting 'kicked out', at the moment the besiegers launch an attack. For a couple of seconds, the town isn't a valid target - then I can click on it, but have to 'break in' again.

change in the costs of maintaining the garrison of the settlement = crash
multipleyer on tw server = crash

And I haven't even tried to play it yet.

Since Recruit being terrible in multiplayer seems to be a "working as intended" feature, can we have other Imperial units be buffed around the downside of "ragequit if you die as this unit"? I think giving Archer Militia a crossbow that's weaker than Vlandian ones and bringing back bastard weapons for the Legionary would be good places to start

Back
Top Bottom