SP - General Exchange fiefs

Users who are viewing this thread

Burnaa

Recruit
Hello,

at some point you maybe wanna have a city at the front line even if the current city is in a safe zone of the kingdom.
But you can only revoke a fief and there is no chance to get a new one when you posses a view fiefs if there are clans in the kingdom without any fiefs.
It would be nice if you could "trade" a city against one other maybe with a payout system according to prosperity.

Greetz Burnaa

It's already implemented, you just need trade level 300 for that
Ok don't get that. But it takes forever to get a skill at 300 :sad:
I finished the main quest and posses like 80% of the map and have no skill at 300. The most skills do not progress cause of lacking focus and attribute points... Real unbalanced in my opinion :/

Like you write in your thread you can make millions over millions just selling fiefs, it would be much better/balanced to trade them against other fiefs... ?

Last edited:
Ok don't get that. But it takes forever to get a skill at 300 :sad:
I finished the main quest and posses like 80% of the map and have no skill at 300. The most skills do not progress cause of lacking focus and attribute points... Real unbalanced in my opinion :/

Like you write in your thread you can make millions over millions just selling fiefs, it would be much better/balanced to trade them against other fiefs... ?
well you could always just cheat if you don't wanna grind for trade... there is also a mod which allows you to rebalance XP gain from mod options. those will fix your issue for now.

It would be good if there were more specific political decisions in the window of the kingdom.

How to put specific fief exchanges to the vote. When the exchange is fair and seeks to correct cultural problems, most of the nobles and even the owners of the fiefs will be in favor.

In the case of the player or the applicant, if their exchange favors the other party, the clans will also be in favor.

True, we need fief trading like in warband diplomacy.
Trade 300 perk is different as it allows us to buy or sell a fief for gold, while fief trading means bartering a fief for a fief. It's different! Good example would be giving a fief to a noble that we try to persuade to join our kingodm (which was the case for a warband!!). I think it should be unlocked at clan Tier 4/5/6 or when you become a king. Also you would have to pay some gold for prosperity/garrison/militia/buildings difference.

Also you would have to pay some gold for prosperity/garrison/militia/buildings difference.
If the trader loses on the trade, there should be no payment. In the opposite case maybe yes, who demands an exchange where he "wins", he should pay something. If the claimant of the exchange is a third party, in the case of yourself wanting to organize the kingdom, the payment must come from you.

The only problem is that depending on what is taken as a reference, the payment could be exaggerated, making these exchanges impossible. A rich ally is good, a rich ally who changes sides for no reason is dangerous.

It's already implemented, you just need trade level 300 for that
which's completely retarded. Trading fiefs should never be locked behind a skill grind wall, it should be basic and the perk should actually make it more viable by reducing the "price" needed. As is, you can only make use of that skill if you either exploit or baragain a massive loss of net-worrth to get a single town.

A single decent town costs anywhere between 1.5m to 5m, good luck recovering that in taxes xD (best town I've seen so far with 10k prosperity, you'll flip 6k a day at most - meaning it'll take you 830 days for the investment to pay itself IF it's netting you 6k straight (which never does), it's ludicrous

which's completely retarded. Trading fiefs should never be locked behind a skill grind wall, it should be basic and the perk should actually make it more viable by reducing the "price" needed. As is, you can only make use of that skill if you either exploit or baragain a massive loss of net-worrth to get a single town.
Buying fiefs should be behind a trading skill.
Trading fiefs should not be behind a trading skill.
In my opinion there should be 2 ways to trade/barter fiefs depending if we have trade perk or not. Buying fief would not require from us to offer a fief in the offer, while the latter should.
A single decent town costs anywhere between 1.5m to 5m, good luck recovering that in taxes xD (best town I've seen so far with 10k prosperity, you'll flip 6k a day at most - meaning it'll take you 830 days for the investment to pay itself IF it's netting you 6k straight (which never does), it's ludicrous
Yes and no. You get your investment back in 8 years, which is not even half of your life time. From a long game/playthrough perspective it's reasonable. From bannerlord as a game, eh I guess it's too? Since we are talking about a property/defensive structure aswell. I think prices should be lower, but we also should get more way of a decent income. More in ransom/More for sieging castles/towns and more from trading/caravans/towns/tarrifs. How come my town is making 70k a day and I get 100 gold in tariffs??? Hello?

Buying fiefs should be behind a trading skill.
Trading fiefs should not be behind a trading skill.
In my opinion there should be 2 ways to trade/barter fiefs depending if we have trade perk or not. Buying fief would not require from us to offer a fief in the offer, while the latter should.

Yes and no. You get your investment back in 8 years, which is not even half of your life time. From a long game/playthrough perspective it's reasonable. From bannerlord as a game, eh I guess it's too? Since we are talking about a property/defensive structure aswell. I think prices should be lower, but we also should get more way of a decent income. More in ransom/More for sieging castles/towns and more from trading/caravans/towns/tarrifs. How come my town is making 70k a day and I get 100 gold in tariffs??? Hello?
I disagree, basic mechanics should not be locked behind walls, everything should be game but with the caveat of having it harder to pull off.
Trying to one-hand fight with 0/1 skill's hard, nearly impossible at times, fighting at 300 + perks is easy. Bartering anything at 0/1 or with 300 should be the same. Locked actions that are choices being locked behind arbitrary perks makes the game into an arcade, I despise arcades.

I disagree, basic mechanics should not be locked behind walls, everything should be game but with the caveat of having it harder to pull off.
Trying to one-hand fight with 0/1 skill's hard, nearly impossible at times, fighting at 300 + perks is easy. Bartering anything at 0/1 or with 300 should be the same. Locked actions that are choices being locked behind arbitrary perks makes the game into an arcade, I despise arcades.
Yes and no. Basic mechanics shouldn't be behind the walls of perks Agreed, however I prefer perks that add some content/mechanics to game rather than giving us X% boost to Y action, which is simply boring.
In my case the trade perk is merely an upgrade over basic game mechanic introduction, but I don't mind either of choices (just add bartering fiefs to the game).

Yes and no. Basic mechanics shouldn't be behind the walls of perks Agreed, however I prefer perks that add some content/mechanics to game rather than giving us X% boost to Y action, which is simply boring.
In my case the trade perk is merely an upgrade over basic game mechanic introduction, but I don't mind either of choices (just add bartering fiefs to the game).
you want virtual feelings of progression, regardless of wants and tastes, that makes for poor design for any sandbox style game. Fief trading should be fine, but the value weight should suffer heavy penalties if you try to pull that off with low trading / without perks.

IE: You hold Sanala with the highest save prosperity, pull the bartering for Varcheg, no perks = guy demands sanala + 1 castle or 2 or even more for to trade for his crap town that has low prosp and generates crap income.
You do the same with all perks and sky-rocketing Trading at 325, you manage to trade a high prosp castle (1k) for Varcheg no problem.

IE2: You wanna purchase Sanala with highest prosp in game - No perks barter = 10m 15m even - With perks 2.5m to 5m

Besides, bartering with lords' a waste of time and resources, other than trading fiefs they hold absolutely nothing I want (talking for myself but I believe it's the same for everyone), and even if it's something "okay-ish" like a rare armor or weapon, it's overpriced. You always gain more by doing any of the alternatives (farm the item, travel to towns / villages that produce said item / anything). So far the only 2 functionalities bartering hold are trading fiefs (first and foremost) and bribing the dumb ai to join your realm to make "numbers" (lord vassals are virtually useless for anything but numbers) - Having said thing locked away's basically turning half of the bartering usefulness for the player into a grind-fest. Reaching high trade's such a chore that most if not all of us exploit to boost it or use mods to increase XP gain.

The Click-Simulator that the game becomes when you feel the need to boost tradinng's excrutiatingly boring, and a unfun time sink. So much so that I've been using auto trade since it was first released for that reason (because I hate exploiting and wasting my time), yet I still crank up the dials for XP gain with other mods to make it less boring.

Last edited:
you want virtual feelings of progression, regardless of wants and tastes, that makes for poor design for any sandbox style game. Fief trading should be fine, but the value weight should suffer heavy penalties if you try to pull that off with low trading / without perks.
I am sorry, but % increases don't make for a better sandbox game. I agree that game mechanics shouldn't be locked behind perks, but I also want perks to have a meaningful impact. I don't want my 10 int 5 focus medic guy to have 90% survival chance vs my 0 int non medic guy having only 50% survival chance for my troops. Like come on this doesn't even sound fun to try.

IE1 and IE2 yes that's how skill scaling should work. I preferred it in warband diplomacy where it wasn't that punishing. However I think it's very punishing to demand 1 town and 2 castles for only 1 poor town. You are saying to not lock game mechanic behind a perk, but you would literally turn a game mechanic down to ground and make it useless when you don't grind a skill?
Besides, bartering with lords' a waste of time and resources, other than trading fiefs they hold absolutely nothing I want (talking for myself but I believe it's the same for everyone), and even if it's something "okay-ish" like a rare armor or weapon, it's overpriced. You always gain more by doing any of the alternatives (farm the item, travel to towns / villages that produce said item / anything). So far the only 2 functionalities bartering hold are trading fiefs (first and foremost) and bribing the dumb ai to join your realm to make "numbers" (lord vassals are virtually useless for anything but numbers) - Having said thing locked away's basically turning half of the bartering usefulness for the player into a grind-fest. Reaching high trade's such a chore that most if not all of us exploit to boost it or use mods to increase XP gain.
It is, because there's nothing to barter for. Imagine you could barter with someone to betray their lord or join your faction. Help you with siege. Wage war on same country. Let you go or don't attack your party for X days. Force them to pay you gold for leting them go/peace/alliance/mercenary service. Currently barter is just there. Empty. Only used to trade few mules for a wife or to buy noble clan to join your faction (where you can't even offer a fief [ what you could do in warband diplomacy...]).
The Click-Simulator that the game becomes when you feel the need to boost tradinng's excrutiatingly boring, and a unfun time sink. So much so that I've been using auto trade since it was first released for that reason (because I hate exploiting and wasting my time), yet I still crank up the dials for XP gain with other mods to make it less boring.
I would just use a dev console, but I never got the 300 trading perk, simply because the fiefs are too expensive and there's no reasonable way to get so much gold.

Back
Top Bottom