Custom Troops

Would you like to see some form of customizable troops in Bannerlord?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Lucius Confucius

LeastBlunted
Sergeant
I know this has been asked before, but I thought it deserved a poll as well.

With Fire and Sword had it where you could customize mercenaries if I am not mistaken, which seemed like a good feature.

It could either be custom clan troops recruitable from the start or only available once you start your own kingdom. To balance it they should be as strong as other faction troops, and you would need to pay X amount for their equipment changes. There could also be other ways of balancing it.

Thoughts?

I would love it if as a Ruler you could create your own bodyguard, or as a mercenary you could create your own mercenary company troops.

I would love it if as a Ruler you could create your own bodyguard, or as a mercenary you could create your own mercenary company troops.

That would be indeed very nice, like if you could make at least a single troop tree like minor factions, so you could have some kind of a signature troop

There could be multiple ways of balancing this. Everything from a monetary/influence cost to requiring a certain clan rank. There could be many more ways.

I think this is a mod thing and there are so many major issues to solve for TW than this.
Fair enough. The reason I want it in vanilla is because mods don't always keep up with new patches.

I don't like features the player can use and the AI not, so no.

And it's difficult to balance. For example Land of Sika mod which has My Little Warband incorporated and seemingly some overly strong enemies created with the insane power of custom troops in mind is terribly unbalanced when it comes to normal factions. Some may like it but I feel tricked when my 180 strong party can win against 800 with 0:800 losses.

You could say "Don't use it if you don't like." which has some validity but I don't need a second big feature beside Smithing in the game which I deliberately don't use .

It would be better as a feature incorporated in the game, since then we won't need to rely on modders to update their mods with every new version.

Also, TaleWorlds has incorporated other features we the community has asked for before, so let us hope they will do so again.

I don't like features the player can use and the AI not, so no.
Agreed

It would be better as a feature incorporated in the game, since then we won't need to rely on modders to update their mods with every new version.

Also, TaleWorlds has incorporated other features we the community has asked for before, so let us hope they will do so again.
This exactly the sort of thing mods are for.

There was a mod as I recall that let you edit your own troops into the game, could even create troop trees.

Vanilla is unbalanced enough as it is, why add to this by allowing you to create your own "Khans Guard Fian"? TW efforts would be spent adjusting armor protection (especially versus arrows/bolts), cavalry inaccurracy, making spears viable on foot, or you know adding something crazy like weather.

Agreed

This exactly the sort of thing mods are for.

There was a mod as I recall that let you edit your own troops into the game, could even create troop trees.

Vanilla is unbalanced enough as it is, why add to this by allowing you to create your own "Khans Guard Fian"? TW efforts would be spent adjusting armor protection (especially versus arrows/bolts), cavalry inaccurracy, making spears viable on foot, or you know adding something crazy like weather.
There are so many ways you could have custom troops without them being super OP. As a ruler you could have the ability to edit the equipment sets and names of your kingdom's troops, not touching stats or perhaps reassigning them. Or perhaps the ability to upgrade a t5 troop into a t6 one which you've created with a limited number of skill points you could add to it. Or just the ability to create a royal guard unit with limited stats. There's no reason it would have to affect 'balance'.

What if the AI did use custom troops? Would those against it be for it then? Say a randomized system where each clan or so can have their own custom troop tree, equipment gets somewhat randomized based on culture.
That would be pretty neat, right?

Back
Top Bottom