About the game and save compatibility

Users who are viewing this thread

Nick88

Recruit
Hello,im thinking of buying the game and i worry about save compatibility.

Until 1.8.0 were there any problems with corrupted saves with the base game?
Im also interested for mods,but i guess they cant be save compatible.

Also,does the game worth it after all these patches? In here i read that many of you are not happy and want more things to change in the game etc.
And in Steam everybody loves it. So Im confused! :smile:

Hello,im thinking of buying the game and i worry about save compatibility.

No issues with corrupted saves but there have been major changes that might not be work until you create a new game, so if you are adverse to starting over to experience potential new changes you might want to wait until the game fully releases.
Im also interested for mods,but i guess they cant be save compatible.
Yeah mods will break when there are code changes and you never know if the modder will have time to update their mods. Many are on hiatus until full release.
Also,does the game worth it after all these patches? In here i read that many of you are not happy and want more things to change in the game etc.
And in Steam everybody loves it. So Im confused! :smile:
The game is objectively fun and worth the purchase even in its current unfinished state. But if the above worries you then it might be worth it to wait until full release. Most people on this forum are diehard fans of the series and have high expectations of what the game could have been. I personally as a diehard fan thought they could do more with the game, but one of my friends who had never played M&B before bannerlord is having a blast right now playing the game and put like 200+ hours in a campaign on the current patch. So don't let this forum scare you off, bannerlord is a unique gaming experience that you can't get anywhere else.

Game is definitely worth it if you like medieval battles and sieges. Don't listen to the forum community too much, some are just toxic whiners.

The way to play this with mods is to make sure you have it via steam, then right click on the game in your library, go to properties, then the beta tab and select a stable version that matches the version the mods you want to use are made for.
For example, I am playing 1.7.0, and I use mods only compatible with 1.7.0
Never do beta and mods together, that's just asking for save corruption and ****.

The above way allows you to play forever on that version until you feel ready to upgrade. So if you have the correct stable and compatible mods you can play on to your hearts desire.

Corrupted or faulty saves usually happen when you're playing with an old save on new versions, especially a modded save. For example, starting a game on 1.5.4 then upgrading to 1.7.0 and you will face problems. Some problems may not be apparent at first, but they will be there in the background.

Thanks for the replies. For mods i was looking at total conversions like GOT mods. But i dont know,i read about bugs-crashes,so even if i stick at a specific version for compatibility,it will still have issues and might ruin the fun.

So maybe its better to stick with the vanilla version for now,since you say that probably i wont have issues with future updates.

I understand. And which faction is the best in current version? The Empire?

I was looking for a different experience. Like Aserai,Khuzai,Sturgia. But i read Sturgia sucks. lol.

The most enjoyable thing about this game are In fact new starts. I have already went thru like 40+ playthrougs 😄
As for me, I have settled with Battanians after playing all other factions. Their wood speed bonus is IMO the best to catch or run from enemy 😎

I was looking for a different experience. Like Aserai,Khuzai,Sturgia. But i read Sturgia sucks. lol.
The player has a massive influence on the game so any faction you join will do well. There really isn't a "best" faction, its all personal opinion on what people think is cool. Personally i always fight for sturgia before i break off and create my own Sturgian kingdom.

I always go for the Empire, but that's because i'm a fanatic about the Roman and the Eastern Roman Empire in the real world.

I also played on Vlandia (which i like because well, who doesn't like french/normas mixed in anglo-saxon story).. Sturgia i'm not a fan, but in warband i loved the Vaegir faction, which is a break up from sturgia in the future. Aserai I enjoy because I like Saladin story and it's close the reference. Khergit i suck a horse bow by i like the turkish/mongol/cuman vibe.

In the end is up to you

Already said, but I think save issues are mainly due to major changes in the game, which is not unreasonable since the game is currently in developpment. So it may happen, the probability being much more important if you want to mod the game.
I have always managed to achieve something, regardless of the chosen faction. It's more up to your aesthetic preference than to a "techincal" reason, anout the faction to choose.

The one I play almost never is the Khuzait because I'm absolutely not good with both a horse and a bow :smile:

Ok i bought it and started with Aserai. The point at the beginning is to fight bandits until you reach 1 renown?

Then there are more options so you can have a point?

Ok i bought it and started with Aserai. The point at the beginning is to fight bandits until you reach 1 renown?

Then there are more options so you can have a point?
if you're playing on campaing follow the quests directions.. if you're sandbox then you're free to do whatever you like.

But to learn play,yes, the idea is fight to grow your private army and renow, join a faction or keep playing as mercenary until powerful enough to start your own kingdom or climb the ladder inside a existing one, get married, have babies

Have fun, after all it's just a videogame. Play however you desire, in the end there's no endgoal here

Unfortunately Aserai do nothing at all and its far from everyone. So im thinking of restarting with another kingdom.

Which one offer more opportunities and its solid? If there is a war going on you can do more stuff once you reach 1 renown.

Unfortunately Aserai do nothing at all and its far from everyone. So im thinking of restarting with another kingdom.

Which one offer more opportunities and its solid? If there is a war going on you can do more stuff once you reach 1 renown.
Hahaha
do nothing?
then grow fat and rich as trader, man... but, yeah, depending how you play aserai and SE always come to blows more common than any other kingdom, khuzaitis close as well and vlandia.
Any kingdom will have its fair share of action you just need patience... while most ppl feelr esented by the endless wars you don't like peace. FInally the irony.

But jokes aside, Aserai is great to be rich as merchant in time of peace do that and eventually you'll see the fires of war coming your way

If you want tips on being merchant ask flesson19, he's master in Bannerlord economics

Ok,i will check again my options. I just read some stuff online as well. Even a poll were Aserai was the worst selection,lol.

But maybe im used to how i played Warband. There my opportunities to expand was during wars.

Yeah i understand,Aserai requires a different playstyle.

But i started again with Vlandia and its a better experience. The renown-exp you gain is faster,finding bandits wasnt difficult,1-2 quick wars helped a bit and the quests are much better. Only the protect/ambush caravan quests helped me a lot financially.

Back
Top Bottom