This is unplayable (Stuttering 1.7.2)

Users who are viewing this thread

Yea it runs like garbage now. Taleworlds made me resub to wow and play runescape again. I thought these issues with the new update would last weeks but it's been months of holding my breath.

And 0 words from Taleworlds. Have they even apologized or something?

Follow the link to Twitter to see additional comments/replies from Taleworlds/Community manager. They brought back the NA servers the next day but they ran worse than ever and have sorta stepped back since. I stopped chasing them.

Follow the link to Twitter to see additional comments/replies from Taleworlds/Community manager. They brought back the NA servers the next day but they ran worse than ever and have sorta stepped back since. I stopped chasing them.

Oh my god I try not to hate this company but they just want people to jump at their throats

We don't need to apologize for taking a month to fix our issues or to inform the community because we're at Early Access™!!! Yeah ok, I'm definitely done here, last post on this forums this has been a ridiculous journey, mark my words here: Multiplayer will either be dead/The game will have the cost severely lowered (or at least from 40$ to 30$)/ a multiplayer mod will takeover, before Taleworlds gives South America servers.

For the people that work under such a weird, and strange decision making management, have a nice life, and good luck with this mess. I see why workers are constantly leaving the company now. I don't even want the money back.

We are sorry for the performance and stability issues with 172 and have been working on a number of fixes that we will be releasing with the next patch (which is due very soon).

We are sorry for the performance and stability issues with 172 and have been working on a number of fixes that we will be releasing with the next patch (which is due very soon).
That sounds great. What kind of fixes can we expect and is "soon" meaning the next couple weeks or are we talking months?

Soon means months, next week means next month, today means tomorrow.
Im not a native speaker but a quick learner so i would say "very soon" translates to end of september then continued with hotfixes until console release in end october? I would still be cool with that but im afraid "a number of fixes" reads more like "removed some airwalls and fixed issue where character starts floating after youve beat your keyboard like tyson" instead of "servers survive up to 3 rounds now and stutters are reduced by 20%" (keeping the bar low here, i take every improvement)

I would wager we'll get a patch before Gamescom, so end of August. I would imagine they will want to get something out so they have a couple months to hammer out issues in production before another update + release in October. Hopefully we'll get server tools around then as well and by the end of the year we'll all be playing bannerlord MP on beautifully modded servers with lots of custom scenes and these last few years will be nothing but a scary bedtime story we tell children.

Fix one problem, and in the process creating several new ones. I wish somehow, TW would stop with implementing new content, before the content that already is implemented works 100%.

Well, they are certainly not including MP because it just crashed as usual. TW is near to wear me down.
Makes sense because right now is just not soon enough. We need to get a little bit sooner and very soon we get a number of fixes. The communication from them wears me down as well. One message every few days 5 minutes before they leave the office but without any content in it and then just back to dead silence. I dont know but "sorry for your inconvenience" and "couple fixes very soon" just wont do it for me anymore. I also cant buy the "our team is working really hard on fixing that issue" stuff when TW refuses any transparency and instead plays hide and seek in their own forum. If your team is really working that hard on fixing all these issues you should and would proudly share your progress with people interested in it and not avoiding questions. Im excited to find out how this game turns out at the end but looking at the communication, the burned out modding community and the last brave (or insane) 50-200 people playing multiplayer i cant see a bright future here. Well, what can we do about it. Playing chivalry/mordhau?
Edit: Tried to play once again on a siege server with 50 people. Intense round until the server crashed mid game. Now its 10 people on that server after that. Its unplayable. Whenever the playercount is good enough it gets decimated by a server crash. Decimating might be a fancy feature for singleplayer tho

Last edited:
Whenever the playercount is good enough it gets decimated by a server crash. Decimating might be a fancy feature for singleplayer tho
There was 80 people on east na tonight for one siege, then crash cut it to around 40. TW would need to add more servers to keep up with the player count if they didn't crash. This is actively rotting the multiplayer and should be absolute number one priority to fix.

Or just custom servers so the players can fix it in a week.

There was 80 people on east na tonight for one siege, then crash cut it to around 40. TW would need to add more servers to keep up with the player count if they didn't crash. This is actively rotting the multiplayer and should be absolute number one priority to fix.

Or just custom servers so the players can fix it in a week.
It’s such a shame man. The MP playerbase has never had a chance to grow because it’s constantly decimated by server crashes and sometimes you have to jump through 50 hoops just to get back into the game. I can’t imagine what a new player’s first impression must be like.

It’s such a shame man. The MP playerbase has never had a chance to grow because it’s constantly decimated by server crashes and sometimes you have to jump through 50 hoops just to get back into the game. I can’t imagine what a new player’s first impression must be like.
They stop playing very quickly. Even if the servers were working perfectly, the game doesnt teach players enough to get by. The tutorial only goes over the absolute most basic things, and if people start in multiplayer, they wont even know a tutorial exists. Most will end up in Skirmish or Captain because thats what the shiny play button wants you to do, get their ass kicked, and stop playing.
Obviously now they stop playing because the game doesnt work, only the most rabid fan will keep trying to play a game that kicks you out every 10 minutes. People arnt gonna put in effort to play video games, thats not how this works.
Really need a patch soon.

While I don't usually like to give too precise of an estimate (because something always comes up and changes the plan whenever we do!) I can say that it should be a matter of days, not weeks.
I guess thats the same reason why you ignored the first part of my question? :p I get that it doesnt always goes like planned (better then i would like to) and i appreciate your honesty about it. I wont nail you down on your estimate and i think every reasonable person can deal with some delays as long as we roughly understand the reasons causing this. So yeah.. keep up the revived communication! :smile:

Back
Top Bottom