Beta Patch Notes e1.8.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Reread his post. He used past tense. He was a TW Developer, but isn't now - no TW Banner. Just be glad that he's now a modder. :smile:
I know that´s why I said:

In your spare time?
What I meant, he found a bug (as it seems at least) in his spare time (read after working for TW), so imagine what he could have done while working for TW on the PC version instead of a console port.

I also claim that "no warband console version = no bannerlord" is bull****, but just my opinion.

And of course I appreciate his work, no matter if beeing employed by TW or in his "spare time"! In no way that was meant as in insult or anything like that.

And even if "Warband on console = Bannerlord on PC", still PC players funded the game (Bannerlord). I already often said, a console port is logical! Everything else would have been stupid with the EA success. At the end TW is a business and needs to make money, sure thing. It´s no shame that they want to make money and even more money.

But I believe they made more than enough money with the PC EA release (can´t proof this of course) without needing to develope the console version while PC version is still in EA. I don´t think/believe that TW is on life support and needs every $ to see the next day, also the console version won´t make money until the game is finished.

Last edited:
I know that´s why I said:

What I meant, he found a bug (as it seems at least) in his spare time (read after working for TW), so imagine what he could have done while working for TW on the PC version instead of a console port.

I also claim that "no warband console version = no bannerlord" is bull****, but just my opinion.

And of course I appreciate his work, no matter if beeing employed by TW or in his "spare time"! In no way that was meant as in insult or anything like that.

And even if "Warband on console = Bannerlord on PC", still PC players funded the game (Bannerlord). I already often said, a console port is logical! Everything else would have been stupid with the EA success. At the end TW is a business and needs to make money, sure thing. It´s no shame that they want to make money and even more money.

But I believe they made more than enough money with the PC EA release (can´t proof this of course) without needing to develope the console version while PC version is still in EA. I don´t think/believe that TW is on life support and needs every $ to see the next day, also the console version won´t make money until the game is finished.
I'm sure they're not on life support. In fact, I'm surprised TW Devs were working on the console port. I'd assumed it would have been contracted out. For all I know, consoles might be the way to salvage multi-player, which seems jinxed on pcs.

I'm sure they're not on life support. In fact, I'm surprised TW Devs were working on the console port. I'd assumed it would have been contracted out. For all I know, consoles might be the way to salvage multi-player, which seems jinxed on pcs.
Only if cross-platform friendly...

I don´t see a big MP hit with Bannerlord on consoles. There are so many big MP games on consoles already (mostly shooters of course).

Chivarly 2 as one example (already cross plattform) is also very popular on consoles as a competition to Bannerlord MP.

Warband/Bannerlord were always more about the open world sandbox, do whatever you want to do in medieval thingy in SP, in my opinion.

I don´t think that Warbands console MP was even close to Warbands PC MP in popularity, like really not even close :grin: .

Like 1 out of 1000 consoles players play warband MP and 125 out of 1000 on pc (most likely even less). Then consider MP mods...

Surely it was/is a third-party doing the actual console port? That's what Armagan(sp?) said in that recent interview.

@azakhi

No offense in any way, but didn´t you just found the error in the "workshop thingy"? In your spare time? What could you have been able to do if didn´t have to work on the console port but on the PC version? And I repeat, I´m not blaming you or anyone.

I never worked as part of campaign team. During part time I worked as part of gameplay and when I started working full time, I was in MP team and then worked on console later. There might be multiple different reasons to why an issue made it to patch. More people working on something doesn't always translate to better product.
I found issue with settlement value calculation during defection decision. I made a bug report and was told team is aware of the issue. So maybe they realized it before me but just don't want to do a quick fix, who knows.

I never worked as part of campaign team. During part time I worked as part of gameplay and when I started working full time, I was in MP team and then worked on console later. There might be multiple different reasons to why an issue made it to patch. More people working on something doesn't always translate to better product.
I found issue with settlement value calculation during defection decision. I made a bug report and was told team is aware of the issue. So maybe they realized it before me but just don't want to do a quick fix, who knows.
As I said, I never wanted to blame/insult you in any way. I didn´t visit the MP forum more than 5 times (misclicks mostly). I also don´t think you got the wrong understanding.

No offense in any way, but didn´t you just found the error in the "workshop thingy"? In your spare time? What could you have been able to do if didn´t have to work on the console port but on the PC version? And I repeat, I´m not blaming you or anyone.
This was about "you", from me. Sorry for the @.

And in no way, "spare time" was meant as an insult, it was meant like "doing stuff for free". My english....

I just want to make this very clear!

Beware, stupid questions to follow:

Does the PC version have to be tied to the console version?
Would it be too much work to have a basic skeleton shared by both platforms initially then branch out for each and maximize the PC version separately from the console's?

Would it be too much work to have a basic skeleton shared by both platforms initially then branch out for each and maximize the PC version separately from the console's?
Depends on how many developers you have and what your plan is. Usually you want the same source for console and PC. Makes things far less expensive and complex to handle.

I can't see that happening. TW will want to keep the maintenance simple. An integrated approach was flagged from day 1 by the low minimum pc spec.

Warband was released on consoles long time after it was finished product, here TW announcing console demo at Gamescom is kind of another communication error. Whatever excuses you can find M&B is what it is thanks to PC players and modders (who are working on PC). I mean Bannerlord was announced in 2012 and it's still in early access, so no big surprise people take it bad, many people made the remark on facebook post and it just get "clean". TW made millons of sales thanks to mods and in 2022 many people still play on Warband cause Bannerlord despite many improvements doesn't have the same flavour.

It has been shared quite some time ago that the game is coming to consoles.

Future Plan's post, August 2021

but not when it is still in EARLY RELEASE bro.

what are you doing to us here? you are way behind on schedule as it is.

this is like cleaning your ass before taking a ****.. finish the **** and *then* clean - especially if the **** is stuck half way through the orifice.

Last edited:
this is like cleaning your ass before taking a ****.. finish the **** and *then* clean - especially if the **** is stuck half way through the orifice.
what about when you go to clean it but the warm wet washcloth is stimulating? Then again when cleaning it's so warm and wet and... you don't know the cycle?
>Sir this is a BANNERLORD forum
Well, they should of done a quick fix, who knows how many other late game issues are hidden by this defection bug?
Something something strategy!

Well, they should of done a quick fix, who knows how many other late game issues are hidden by this defection bug?
Something something strategy!
I agree but fixing the said bug wouldn't be enough. I think the core issue is settlement values are being used directly instead of being adjusted to other considerations. Once a clan gets millions of settlement value, no other thing stopping the decision. Army, relation etc penalties only affect like 50-100k while settlement values are at millions. That whole code needs to be revised IMO.

but now when it is still in EARLY RELEASE bro.

what are you doing to us here? you are way behind in schedule as it is.

Eloquently put :shifty:

TW has had an issue with prioritisation for a long time, it seems, due to an apparent lack of an overall plan. E.g. the much needed code refactor which employees were saying internally needed to happen was not done until about 80% of the way through development when it was less useful; fluff features like board games and barbers that weren't relevant to the main game loop were implemented long before core series features; and then, of course, we have at least some effort being diverted to making the game work for various console users who have not yet bought the game (including Steam Deck!) slowing down delivery of a finished product for the large group of people who already bought the game.

They are not likely to stop console development now because they have publicly committed to it. But it would be nice if they learnt from these mistakes on the next game. Also started communicating more and started making more progress on the serious problems of the game.

The issue is people wonder when 1.8 will go live. taking 6-8 weeks to fix the defection issue is big since as was stated we don't know what other bugs are hidden behind this bug we can't properly test. This is critical issue that deserves #1 priority. Can you really tell me it takes 6-8 weeks being highest priority? We will need time to test late game mechanics once this is fixed unless they plan to put it live and release a fix in a patch just with internal testing as we know how many issues get past TW's internal testing. Let's get this done asap as either it's not a high priority or help is needed, can you tell me its been over 6 weeks and you still have no idea how to fix it???? Giving 2 weeks off for holiday its been at least 4 weeks working on it, if just 1 guy is doing it that is 160 hours and still unable to solve it. If a team is working on it that is worse. Remember the "Q2 2023 release date™" is fast approaching

The issue is people wonder when 1.8 will go live. taking 6-8 weeks to fix the defection issue is big since as was stated we don't know what other bugs are hidden behind this bug we can't properly test. This is critical issue that deserves #1 priority. Can you really tell me it takes 6-8 weeks being highest priority? We will need time to test late game mechanics once this is fixed unless they plan to put it live and release a fix in a patch just with internal testing as we know how many issues get past TW's internal testing. Let's get this done asap as either it's not a high priority or help is needed, can you tell me its been over 6 weeks and you still have no idea how to fix it???? Giving 2 weeks off for holiday its been at least 4 weeks working on it, if just 1 guy is doing it that is 160 hours and still unable to solve it. If a team is working on it that is worse. Remember the "Q2 2023 release date™" is fast approaching
I wonder if they are trying fix a lot bugs at the same time and it's causing trouble... Armagan has an insane idea everything is according to the plan and console cn be ready this year, when it's clear the game is taking a turn for better only now. I appreciate the devs that speak to us, specially Duh and Sadshogun, but everybody now the list of bugs they need fix.

It has been shared quite some time ago that the game is coming to consoles.
Sure, but we all assumed that the game would be finished by the time TW decided to port it over to consoles. Or, at the very least, in a reliably stable state. I'm wondering, after two years + pandemic/inflation/etc., if cash flow is needed to continue. Thus the console port.

Sure, but we all assumed that the game would be finished by the time TW decided to port it over to consoles. Or, at the very least, in a reliably stable state. I'm wondering, after two years + pandemic/inflation/etc., if cash flow is needed to continue. Thus the console port.

This is my thought as well. Cash flow must be an issue for TW. I've also noticed they've lost a lot of developer talent in the span of 2 years. For these reasons, its no wonder the game is still in EA/development hell, and I can only imagine the impact to the morale of the remaining staff.

Back
Top Bottom