Beta Patch Notes e1.8.0

Users who are viewing this thread

So now we finally know why the devs are taking a really long time with patches that don't do much. How long has it been like this? I'm guessing this was the plan from the start and they don't engage with the community much because they knew how strong the backlash would be that all their work is actually being devoted to a port of the game and not actually to finishing it.
It has been shared quite some time ago that the game is coming to consoles.

Future Plan's post, August 2021
Whew! So that was quite a lot to get through, but it still leaves a couple of big questions unanswered. Mainly, when will the game be fully released, and on what platforms? Well, we want to be up-front at this point by saying that early access will continue on into next year, with our current estimate for the full release being Q2 2022. We are fairly confident that we will hit that target, however, if we feel the game still isn’t ready at that point, then we will delay the release. As for platforms, we can confirm that the game will be coming to consoles, however, we are unable to share any further details on this just yet.

It was shared some time ago, but it should have been shared once the game was released into EA and it should have been made clear that most of the effort was going to go towards the porting rather than making the game better.

TW may disagree on the most part, but that's how it looks and feel like to me.
Had I known I was basically funding the console port rather than the development of the game, I probably wouldn't have gone on with my purchase.

Same story with the feature list (criminal organisation, right).
Just to make it clear, nothing against you Duh obviously, but the way TW has handled the EA has been appalling to say the least.

It has been shared quite some time ago that the game is coming to consoles.

Future Plan's post, August 2021

Do we also get a statement regarding to the broken 1.8 version? What has gone wrong there and when can we expect a fix?

it should have been made clear that most of the effort was going to go towards the porting rather than making the game better.
Who told you that?
I was one of the devs that worked on consoles and big majority of the company was still working on PC side. Why do you think most of effort was going to the consoles?

Do we also get a statement regarding to the broken 1.8 version? What has gone wrong there and when can we expect a fix?
It's being looked into at the moment. Had to inquire first.

It was shared some time ago, but it should have been shared once the game was released into EA and it should have been made clear that most of the effort was going to go towards the porting rather than making the game better.
Like azakhi said, most development effort has always been (and arguably continues to be) towards the base game. It's also not always entirely clear cut - f.e. do you consider performance optimization, which benefits everyone, a console workload?

It's being looked into at the moment. Had to inquire first.

Like azakhi said, most development effort has always been (and arguably continues to be) towards the base game. It's also not always entirely clear cut - f.e. do you consider performance optimization, which benefits everyone, a console workload?
I just updated the patch and nothing is wrong on my end, it didn't even break any of my mods patch 1.8.0.318937 Everyone check your patch if your not at this, patch again

Who told you that?
I was one of the devs that worked on consoles and big majority of the company was still working on PC side. Why do you think most of effort was going to the consoles?
Nobody, as I mentioned in my own post: "TW may disagree on the most part, but that's how it looks and feel like to me."
In my opinion if the company had focused on PC only, there would have been more progress than what we got in more than 2 years.
I tried the game after ages since I did on release, and the improvements hardly justfied more than 2 years of development. There are games that are created and released starting from scratch in 2 years and a half.
There's still features that were present in WB that have not been implemented and probably never will, and features that were promised in and before EA that never will.
In short, I might be wrong and most of the effort was indeed going towards the pc version. That would only make things worse though since there would be one less reason to explain the lack of overall improvements.
Feel free to disagree.

and it's a working patch this time. Just remember to delete the old Launcher config (at least, I had to for it to work).

Was there even an update to begin with? So an actually sheduled update with any changes or does someone in your office just have a bad day today?

Koray's got a test branch, where is mine?
🤣 was just about to ask this myself, patch notes?
tenor.gif

This wasn't a regular patch targeted at your gameplay experience. It concerned backend pipeline adjustments.
oh, pack it up boys false alarm

Back
Top Bottom