Release date announced on 25th October for PS5, PS4, PC, Xbox Series X/S,

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah, at the current speed of dev it does seem like too little time, unless they are sitting on a massive patch i dont think this is going to go well

Yeah, at the current speed of dev it does seem like too little time, unless they are sitting on a massive patch i dont think this is going to go well
development pipelines are complicated, it's likely they have a frankestein version where almost everything's applied, but not working properly yet. You, me, uncle bob, we won't have access to it, ever. When they finally call it beta, it'll be already pre-fine adjusted and "properly" altered to be considered "playable" with a lot of cuts/removal of features that aren't considered working properly (to specific standards). Than after the beta it takes fine adjustments and it's called a "stable release".
And than some, because they may be working with Alpha only for that frankestein, or even pre-alpha -> alpha -> pre-beta -> beta.

How do all of you feel about this?
I don't feel much of anything about it. I'm a bit sleepy but I think a count 365 KNOWN ISSUES, issues acknowledged as problems by TW that are yet to be fixed. https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/known-issues.401168/
I think it's absolutely ignorant to think they game could be ready in October, or even any time soon after.
The consoles won't have any useful (if any at all) mods and so it will be an unacceptable version that only functions as a cash grab.
Players will be depending on mods for both content and basic fixes to long hated systems and deficits in bannerlord. Console players will provide an endless wave of questions and complaints to all reddits and forums and video comments about "How can I do/get (thing only in mod) I see in (thing about mod)" and "when will (thing in mod) be added?"

I don't feel much of anything about it. I'm a bit sleepy but I think a count 365 KNOWN ISSUES, issues acknowledged as problems by TW that are yet to be fixed. https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/known-issues.401168/
I think it's absolutely ignorant to think they game could be ready in October, or even any time soon after.
The consoles won't have any useful (if any at all) mods and so it will be an unacceptable version that only functions as a cash grab.
Players will be depending on mods for both content and basic fixes to long hated systems and deficits in bannerlord. Console players will provide an endless wave of questions and complaints to all reddits and forums and video comments about "How can I do/get (thing only in mod) I see in (thing about mod)" and "when will (thing in mod) be added?"
The new rule is to release nearly unfunctional games and "patch it later". Most AAA companies are doing it, if TW does the same it's abominable, but at the same time doesn't stray far from the new industry's standards (crap standards, but still).

They can call it released at any time, although there can be consequences to that (backlash, bad press, PR crisis, etc.)
As is the game "works" making it totally plausible to call it a day and leave it at that (obviously for us, or anyone with braindead critical thinking and decent standards that would never bode well).

I've been joking about the game's release date taking into consideration their time efficiency, and I still stick to my "2025". They call it released or not, that's the minimum date for development to be concluded. They can do patch + DLC malabarism as other publishers do, a lot of ppl wouldn't even notice, in fact once they build a gen Z player base they'll get themselves a nice zombie-white-knight following that'll just annoy the crap out of us.

How do all of you feel about this? i want to probe all of you for the general sentiment going around here

Source:
Mount & Blade: Bannerlord 2 is scheduled for release on October 25, 2022 for PS5, PS4, PC, Xbox Series X/S, and Xbox One.

...No statement from TaleWorlds, Koch Media (from 4th august call PLAION) or Prime Matter related to a 25th october BL release, this are only rumors atm...

...you can read original news about the console demo at Gamescom and there is not a release date:...

Last edited:
This is extremely funny.
I can't wait to see the few console players coming into the forums and reddit to ask questions about features only to come and realise the game only updates like every other month now or whatever and quit after spending full price on an unfinished game.

They used Early Access money to fund the console port, rofl shameless devs spitting on their loyal customers faces. How about completing the game first before planning other platform release, now we have half completed game instead of a polished game.

How do all of you feel about this? i want to probe all of you for the general sentiment going around here
I feel like "hey, let's get that sweet console money instead of fixing our s**t" is probably Taleworlds' MO at this point.
Might work, I mean, console players are there for that sweet dopamine hit, definitely not for any meaningful game experience.

First day of early access here. Stopped playing 2-3 months after release due to lack of deliveries from TW.
I've been waiting for over 2 years for Bannerlord to be a playable state. Not playing, but sitting there still in my steam lib. Seems doubtful Bannerlord will ever be polished/semi-finished/balanced/etc .

2022 release date is fine, but the fine print says "+decade or 2"

Getting to the point of about ready to uninstall from Steam and forget about ever playing again.

First day of early access here. Stopped playing 2-3 months after release due to lack of deliveries from TW.
I've been waiting for over 2 years for Bannerlord to be a playable state. Not playing, but sitting there still in my steam lib. Seems doubtful Bannerlord will ever be polished/semi-finished/balanced/etc .

2022 release date is fine, but the fine print says "+decade or 2"

Getting to the point of about ready to uninstall from Steam and forget about ever playing again.
🤷‍♂️ we'll never know until it's too late

And they really release it on all platforms the same day, nice one.

So they have two months to add the missings features and fix all major and most minor bugs.

I´m already sending my thoughts and prayers to them :iamamoron:

This means that it's probably pretty safe to assume 1.8 is the last patch before "full release" and nothing of note is gonna happen in the meantime. It's gonna be interesting to watch how the release goes, that's for sure.

how are they going to add all the "announced" stuff in 2 months?
hell, even sieges aren't fully fixed yet.
and the AI still does stupid stuff pretty glaringly.

Back
Top Bottom