Beta Patch Notes e1.8.0

Users who are viewing this thread

OMG… Maybe I am wrong on this but, I have the feeling that Bannerlord will be a huge fail in consoles. People who not have a good PC, is already playing the game in platforms like GeForce Now, where it will be probably possible to install mods for the game when we get Steam Workshops support, while mods will be imposible to use in consoles for sure.

The person who suggested this game to be released in consoles has totally miscalculated it, and now we have a mediocre game because it should be compatible with consoles.

Taleworlds has wasted the best opportunity it had to create one of the best games ever… Bannerlord has a huge potential, and it is sadly totally wasted in order to not make it much complicated for consoles.

OMG… Maybe I am wrong on this but, I have the feeling that Bannerlord will be a huge fail in consoles. People who not have a good PC, is already playing the game in platforms like GeForce Now, where it will be probably possible to install mods for the game when we get Steam Workshops support, while mods will be imposible to use in consoles for sure.

The person who suggested this game to be released in consoles has totally miscalculated it, and now we have a mediocre game because it should be compatible with consoles.

Taleworlds has wasted the best opportunity it had to create one of the best games ever… Bannerlord has a huge potential, and it is sadly totally wasted in order to not make it much complicated for consoles.
I think they'll sell a lot of copies on console. That's all that matters to a private company in the end.

Just raises my hopes that there'll be a full, stable release before the end of the year.

I think they'll sell a lot of copies on console. That's all that matters to a private company in the end.

Just raises my hopes that there'll be a full, stable release before the end of the year.

If they sell a lot of copies, then it is ok. Let’s be fair, most of us work mainly for money.

What bothers me is that I think they are not going to get much from consoles, while they have had to downgrade the game to make it compatible with consoles. If at the end they get a lot of money from consoles, and I am wrong on my assumptions, then I would understand it.

So the game is like half way done, with tons of bugs and performance issues, not even half features are done and they are going to release it on console. Bravo. Taleworlds went from godlike company that made M&B + M&B Warband to EA style corporation crap. There is like milion ways that they could add to game to make it one of the best sandbox on the world and it take them for this day more than month to fix single defection bug that cause the game to be unplayable.

So the game is like half way done, with tons of bugs and performance issues, not even half features are done and they are going to release it on console. Bravo. Taleworlds went from godlike company that made M&B + M&B Warband to EA style corporation crap. There is like milion ways that they could add to game to make it one of the best sandbox on the world and it take them for this day more than month to fix single defection bug that cause the game to be unplayable.

this is the reason they are so behind on their "future plans".

what little time they invest in the game goes to the console port.

the rest of us who have funded and beta tested the game get a big **** you.

If they sell a lot of copies, then it is ok. Let’s be fair, most of us work mainly for money.

What bothers me is that I think they are not going to get much from consoles, while they have had to downgrade the game to make it compatible with consoles. If at the end they get a lot of money from consoles, and I am wrong on my assumptions, then I would understand it.
Having ported Warband to consoles, TW always planned to port Bannerlord as well. That's why the game's minimum pc spec is so low. At least with consoles they only have to optimise for fixed hardware specs - unlike our infinite variety of mixed kit. GamesCom will be a good test whether they can make the 25th October target release date that Sony accidentally leaked by updating its database prematurely.

Now with the brand new console port, you will have 0 (ZERO) dialogue options with your fellow lords on your favourite console. Not only can you now engage in no diplomacy on PC, you can rage on consoles too! Exciting!!

Check out heroes.xml.

Code:
preferred_upgrade_formation="HorseArcher"
Thank you for the reply. I'm surprised its only one entry. Would it be possible to make this method more like the party template where a lord only spawns or recruit a certain specific troop?

So now we finally know why the devs are taking a really long time with patches that don't do much. How long has it been like this? I'm guessing this was the plan from the start and they don't engage with the community much because they knew how strong the backlash would be that all their work is actually being devoted to a port of the game and not actually to finishing it.

What they don't understand is that people aren't going to buy the console version of a still incomplete game

What is that update you just pushed out to steam? You messed up the sandbox core module its basically empty and the game unplayable.
Edit: 1.8

It wiped out access to Saved Games and Starting A New Game, too.
And the "delete your Launcher config" so-called-workaround doesn't work.

Back
Top Bottom