Anyone else actually enjoying the absence of devs here on the forum?

Users who are viewing this thread

stevepine

Sergeant Knight at Arms
I am actually enjoying the lack of TW staff here trying to defend the utterly indefensible .

Having personally begged them to engage more for years... strangely now, it's almost a relief.

.... like reaching the 7th stage of 'acceptance'

Feels like the struggle is finally over. Lol

Last edited:
Pretty much a lack of anyone on these forums. There's probably 2-3 dozen people who stop in at least once a week and a few more who come here occasionally. Now go back 1.5 years+ and there were 100's. But that's good for Taleworlds, less people that means less complaints. (y)

I've been on a lot of gaming forums over the years and the lack of concern that this company has for communication and interaction with forum users is really amazing. I sometimes ask myself "why they even have the forums", just provide a place for reporting bugs and leaving suggestions. They could've let reddit or some other forum fuel the discussions, and saved themselves the trouble and effort and had the silence they enjoy. 🤷‍♂️

I am actually enjoying the lack of TW staff here trying to defend the utterly indefensible .

Having begged them to engage more for years... strangely it's almost a relief.

.... like reaching the 7th stage of 'acceptance'

Feels like the struggle is finally over. Lol
It’s the 1st of August today. Half of my people are on holiday, can’t imagine it’ll be any different for TW.

As for myself, I’ve temporarily quit playing the game and really only come on this forum for the off-topic chat.

Many people enjoy surroundings in which their bias is encouraged by a group of people of roughly the same opinions and no contradictionary speech, such digital bubbles are widespread and one of the pillars of the Trump effect.

But no, I don't enjoy it, some background infos only TW could give, and also rationalizing for features I don't like, even if I don't get it (like for the slider-only unit pre-battle troop sorting), are always a good thing.

Many people enjoy surroundings in which their bias is encouraged by a group of people of roughly the same opinions and no contradictionary speech, such digital bubbles are widespread and one of the pillars of the Trump effect.

But no, I don't enjoy it, some background infos only TW could give, and also rationalizing for features I don't like, even if I don't get it (like for the slider-only unit pre-battle troop sorting), are always a good thing.
I wouldn't really accredit this to Trump. It's been a thing since the start of the internet and the first chatroom/forum. But yes, people like to have their own thoughts and feelings validated and be surrounded by like-minded spirits.

Odd thing is though, we're only here bound by Bannerlord. That is all we have in common, that we know of.

Now we can ofcourse figure that we love Bannerlord for it's niche position in games and that we all either love history, war or fantasy. Probably a mixture of it.

So do we stick around because we're all history buffs? Or fascinated in the mechanics of war? Or do we stick around and accept/tolerate eachother because we're all lore-driven fantasy fetishists?

What is our bubble?

Didn't they just take a week off due to holidays?
66273780.jpg

It's tradition in Turkey to have multiple holidays
Really?
Funny. I had 14 annual leave days in Turkey and now moving to Poland where I will get 26. A friend moving to Germany instead is getting 28.
Are you saying people in Turkey have multiple short holidays? Or people in other countries have less but a lot longer?

Really?
Funny. I had 14 annual leave days in Turkey and now moving to Poland where I will get 26. A friend moving to Germany instead is getting 28.
Are you saying people in Turkey have multiple short holidays? Or people in other countries have less but a lot longer?
Next job you should try France!

I had 14 annual leave days in Turkey and now moving to Poland where I will get 26.
But what about the national holidays, Turkey seems to have like 452 according to TW and the "memes". (also 28 leave days for me in Germany, as far as I know 24 is the minimum you´ll get working in full time in Germany)

Most people seem like doomers, the game is doing well. Just check Steam reviews. Yes I said it, boys and girls, steam reviews. The one weakness that the doomers hate for you to bring up. The one thing they will meet with pages and pages of analytical data to try feebly to counter your point.

Most people seem like doomers, the game is doing well. Just check Steam reviews. Yes I said it, boys and girls, steam reviews. The one weakness that the doomers hate for you to bring up. The one thing they will meet with pages and pages of analytical data to try feebly to counter your point.

Oh man...the old 'Steam review' argument!!! again?

Surely you have been around that one a million times before? Plus, you also know the many counter-arguments to it, I'm sure.

The game is doing well...?

13 years in the making and look where we are:

Multiplayer is utterly dead.
The forum is almost dead.
Development is going forward at an absolute snail's pace.
No one even knows how much longer the game will be in EA - even though its massively late already.
Most of (even a mildly modded) Warband's features being present in Bannerlord? Well, that's still just a naïve pipe dream.
(Let alone any comparisons with Viking Conquest).

.....and after all this....the priority for development seems to be.... that's right! console conversion!

The only thing that will save the game is mods.

We all know this. Given the development time-line and the financial resources from game sales, Bannerlord's development is a bad joke.

Read my signature by Bluko88 - that's the story of Bannerlord in a nutshell.

Last edited:

Oh man...the old 'Steam review' argument!!! again?

Surely you have been around that one a million times before. Plus, you also know the many counter arguments to it, I'm sure.

The game is doing well...?

13 years in the making and look where we are:

Multiplayer is dead.
The forum is almost dead.
Development is going forward at an absolute snail's pace.
No one even knows how much longer EA will last.
Most of (even a mildly modded) Warband's features being present in Bannerlord? Well, that's still nothing but a naïve pipe dream.
(Let alone any comparisons with Viking Conquest).

.....and after all this....the priority for development seems to be.... that's right! console conversion!

The only thing that will save the game is mods.

We all know this. Given the development time-line and the resources, Bannerlord's development is a bad joke.

Read my signature by Bluko88 - that's the story of Bannerlord in a nutshell.

And here we go. You guys do really feed off eachother, eh.

Next job you should try France!
Between the strikes and the holidays you might even work a few days!

Forgive me... he's got to be the game's last die hard white knight.

I took the bait.
I know, I know.. He brings out the worst in us.

But in the words of the wise sage Epictetus:

“Any person capable of angering you becomes your master; he can anger you only when you permit yourself to be disturbed by him.”

Which is rich, coming from me, I know.

A bit more OT though: Have you had a period during its development where you took a long break from BL?

Bannerlord has 85% positive reviews, which is about average. For a game on steam to get below 80% it has to be basically unplayable, while only anime games get higher than 95%. To really judge a game you have to read the negative reviews and judge for yourself whether the negatives listed are dealbreakers, and not just look at the number.

Back
Top Bottom