Warband Script Enhancer 2 (v1.1.2.0)

Users who are viewing this thread

This is very strange, the links work fine to me now, it may be a problem related to your browser or to your country (as cloud providers may be blocking some IPs). Try to use an incognito tab, clean of every cookie or, else, try another browser. If you suspect you're in a country blocked by Dropbox, try using a proxy (or temporarily stop using it if it's active now).
I found out what is was. Opera GX, for some reason has an issue using the site, so I thought I should try Edge instead and it loaded perfectly.

Fix for Perisno on Hard mode using WSE 2:

Damage to player is getting reset to 2% no matter where each game tick.
SOLUTION: open scripts.txt and search for hard mode.
Once you found it, locate
2 1224979098644774912 2 1105 2 1585267068834415842 16720418 261 1 2 3 0 4 0 2147483679 2 1224979098644774913 2 1105
and copy paste this over it:
2 1224979098644774912 100 1105 2 1585267068834415842 16720418 261 1 2 3 0 4 0 2147483679 2 1224979098644774913 100 1105

Getting a non stop barrage of:
- SCRIPT ERROR: Invalid Item Kind ID: -1
- Simple trigger trigger no: 179 (line 7, opcode 1530, modifier 0x0)

SOLUTION: go to WSE config and set suppress script error to true.

This is the fix for the issues that arise immediately as you play.

Last edited:
  • Any quest involving the hunt and defeat of "blue" parties, like the "troublesome bandits", cannot be completed because defeating the target party/parties don't trigger the completion stage. In the case where the town's major gives more parties to hunt, he's supposed to hand a reward for each defeated party, even if there are some more left, but this doesn't happen, as if no party got defeated.
Hello friends. I can +1 Hektor_Riven's bug report for the 'Deal with Looters' quest in VC. There is no reward from local leaders after defeating any amount of looter parties. I can share my saves sometime too if you'd like but am unavailable right now.
Hoping it may be of help, I've noticed this bug applies even to modded quests. In Perisno there's a guild for adventurers and the first mission they offer is about defeating a party just outside town. In this case too, defeating the designated party doesn't trigger anything, just like for the vanilla quests.

Hello sir.When i play my mod with wse2.Always crush on bigmap.(music go on playing but No crush log and No responed).I will upload to Mega soon can you cheak what happend,sir?

Lords don't appear to have a limit of troops, and the party morale system has no effect, resulting in 2k+ parties like shown in the photo
Describe in detail what limits the size of lords parties in the standard engine and what effect morale has. I need to understand what exactly is not working as it should. Does the problem occur only in this module? Is the problem observed in the default warband engine?

Last edited:
Any quest involving the hunt and defeat of "blue" parties, like the "troublesome bandits", cannot be completed because defeating the target party/parties don't trigger the completion stage. In the case where the town's major gives more parties to hunt, he's supposed to hand a reward for each defeated party, even if there are some more left, but this doesn't happen, as if no party got defeated.
the 'damage to friends' modifier to difficulty rating is inverted
Damage to player is getting reset to 2% no matter where each game tick.
Additionally, I'm having a weird combat bug. Sometimes, mostly with smaller weapons like Seaxes or Hunting knives, the AI will feint an insane amount of times. Think the most cancerous feint spammer you've ever seen. Battles of 140 professional soldiers against 90 ruffians will last longer than usual because most of the people are just feinting nonstop. They'll still kill eachother, just at a slower rate. I've seen spearmen with clean back shots to a fleeing enemy just feint over and over again when they could've stabbed them in the back right there. I can share a video of this when I can if you'd like.

Fixed in the next update.

Last edited:
Just discovered WSE2, it's made Pendor look and play AWESOMELY n both performance and appearance! Thanks for this!!

Is it possible to somehow run Blood and Gold: Caribbean through this as well? I want to love that game, but the still appalling even on an SSD load times and just bad performance off and on compared to Warband (Bannerlord runs faster, more consistently) just kills it for me after a few hours.

I tried a few clueless attempts with no luck so far. If there's a direction I should go in figuring this out myself and then can post it for others, just point me in it- I'm not computer literate in any way besides gaming and performance tweaking.

Even if no luck with BG:C, just thanks! :smile:

You can't run it as is. In theory, it is possible to make a build for the Caribbean, as for the WFaS. But the Caribbean have very serious engine changes, including naval battles written from scratch.

-Fixed a bug with non-attacking melee bots.
-Fixed store_num_parties_destroyed, store_num_parties_destroyed_by_player operations.
-Restored Warband compatibility for options_get_damage_to_player, options_set_damage_to_player, options_get_damage_to_friends, options_set_damage_to_friends operations.
-Fixed fDamageToFriends config option for game difficulty formula.

How would one know how much to increase/decrease the following:
iVertexBufferSizeNormalMapDynamic=65536
iVertexBufferSizeNormalMapSkinningDynamic=65536
iVertexBufferSizeNormalMapSkinningStatic=131072
iVertexBufferSizeNormalMapStatic=131072
iVertexBufferSizeRegularDynamic=65536
iVertexBufferSizeRegularStatic=131072
iVertexBufferSizeSkinningDynamic=65536
iVertexBufferSizeSkinningStatic=131072
iVertexBufferSizeSpecialDynamic=32768
iVertexBufferSizeSpecialStatic=65536

in order to improve mod performance? Is there a rule of thumb in terms of increasing these numbers and then checking? Is there something to monitor or is it much more complicated? The particular mod in question is 1257AD EE v3.9.

info from game_variables.txt

# Initial Buffer_sizes
# Modders may adjust these large enough so that the game will not need to restore
# buffers during the game. However keeping them excessively large will reduce performance in most systems.
#Buffer_sizes (if smaller than 65535, this also represents the maximum vertex count for a corresponding mesh)

new_buffer_size_regular_ffp_static = 32768
new_buffer_size_regular_ffp_dynamic = 32768
new_buffer_size_regular_static = 131072
new_buffer_size_regular_dynamic = 65536
new_buffer_size_skinning_static = 131072
new_buffer_size_skinning_dynamic = 65536
new_buffer_size_normal_map_static = 131072
new_buffer_size_normal_map_dynamic = 65536
new_buffer_size_normal_map_skinning_static = 131072
new_buffer_size_normal_map_skinning_dynamic = 65536

-Fixed a bug with non-attacking melee bots.
-Fixed store_num_parties_destroyed, store_num_parties_destroyed_by_player operations.
-Restored Warband compatibility for options_get_damage_to_player, options_set_damage_to_player, options_get_damage_to_friends, options_set_damage_to_friends operations.
-Fixed fDamageToFriends config option for game difficulty formula.
Thank you for this update too, it fixes many crucial issues. Your new engine is very polished, very professionally conceived!

I was wondering, would it be feasible to make your launcher available for With Fire and Sword too? Even if mod selection is limited for that game, the launcher would still ease the update process and allow for interesting pre-launch settings.

Describe in detail what limits the size of lords parties in the standard engine and what effect morale has. I need to understand what exactly is not working as it should. Does the problem occur only in this module? Is the problem observed in the default warband engine?
Will test with native/other modules.I have never had this issue in ~1000 hours with the default engine. Here is a post describing lord army size mechanics, one of the comments also links to party_get_ideal_size is calculated. I have observed large lord parties occur when they win a battle with a large amount of prisoners, which is normal.
Lord parties can be of unlimited size if they capture a big prisoner train, or if you give them troops. They'll bleed off troops until they hit some "sustainable" max, however.
The issue here is they never bleed off troops afterwards. I assumed it was a function of party morale, similar to the player party size mechanic but it could be implemented in another means. Either way, lords never bleed off troops. I'm also not sure if parties have a similar "bleed off" mechanic for prisoners but that could also contribute to the large party sizes.

Back
Top Bottom