What do you think about the Story Mode? SPOILER

What do you think about the Story Mode?

• That's Amaizing!!!

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • That's OK

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • That sucks, 50 bucks for this thing?!?

Votes: 26 74.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Honestly I'm not even sure what the point of the main story is other than to justify the name of the game. You don't get any quest rewards, there's no real sense of closure when completing it, and most players just ignore the damned thing.

The added lore is cool... I guess... but honestly that should just be where it ends and your 'adventure' begins.

The story mode is a pathetic excuse for narrative. Taleworlds needs to hire a writer not a 12 year old child or a neckbeard SJW programmer to write a story.

All it does is write an rudimentary explanation for the title of the game. Not just the main story but all the writing is terrible. Half the women are abused foresaken victims looking to overthrow the patriarchy. Just sad really.

This was their chance to make a great game with all this funding and TW has proven they are not able to progress beyond amateur mod quality game into AAA quality and appeal.

Bannerlord has been used as a massive paycheck to fund construction of a sprawling new office and who knows what other investments. Money was clearly not spent on quest writers. We can only hope it continues to fund development of Bannerlord not future dlc or cashgrabs.

Last edited:
Honestly I'm not even sure what the point of the main story is other than to justify the name of the game. You don't get any quest rewards, there's no real sense of closure when completing it, and most players just ignore the damned thing.

The added lore is cool... I guess... but honestly that should just be where it ends and your 'adventure' begins.
Totally agree with you, thumb up

There's a lot of things they could have done that would make it much, much better. For starters, they could have had it where, no matter what you choose, empire or not, your brother wants the opposite action and turns against you. There could have been things in it that made you have to try the various game mechanics.

There could be optional quests. In fact, I wish that every faction had its own "expanded quest" where you would do various things like quelling or supporting an insurrection (like the long-lost bastard cases that were in the original games) and quests for your companions as well. They don't have to be largely unique from each other, because doing so would be a monumental task for a small team, but they should be there.

Story mode sucks huge dangling moose b@llsack. Worst thing about the game and it's going to turn off a lot of new players when they don't even realize WTF is going on and suddenly they can't progress because they're warring with all kingdoms. New players are all going to select Story mode and they're all going to get completely ****ed by it. Really ruins the experience, it exacerbates all the things wrong with the game. Wish you could just start sandbox with a few siblings. Duh.

Story mode sucks huge dangling moose b@llsack. Worst thing about the game and it's going to turn off a lot of new players when they don't even realize WTF is going on and suddenly they can't progress because they're warring with all kingdoms. New players are all going to select Story mode and they're all going to get completely ****ed by it. Really ruins the experience, it exacerbates all the things wrong with the game. Wish you could just start sandbox with a few siblings. Duh.
We'll see the 10/25

Back
Top Bottom