Cancle tourney or keep it going

• keep it running

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • cancle it

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

im not defending him i wanted to say that its really dumb cancelling tournament with 150 people because of one guy
"keep or cancel" is a manipulative way of phrasing when the question is "allow grynn to play or not".
the poll has to be about this not cancelling tournament or keep going

This community has dealt with something very similar with Arni years ago, he stopped when he wised up and realised what type of scumbag he was, doing what he was doing, HE DIDNT GET UNBANNED FROM ANYWHERE because this community used to have some balls, and people cared a lot more about the game back then that now.

If a majority people are fine playing with an individual like him who threats people with DDoss just for the sake to try and keep playing Warband then thats their decision, but I am not gonna be put through that bull****, honestly it just kills the whole spirit of competition having a guy like that playing.

I would like to shed some light on this situation. I have contacted Callum from the community lead and sent an email to the main Taleworlds community in regards to this situation, with what has happened, why he does it and images showing proof of him admitting to his ddos attacks and what he wishes to do if he either never gets to play or if anyone talks bad on him.

I have taken up action on this matter for the community as we all feel the same. I will make sure to inform everyone on here with a reply.

Hopefully you all wish me luck with a reply that I am doing this for the community.

Inappropriate language
"keep or cancel" is a manipulative way of phrasing when the question is "allow grynn to play or not".
"let an entire community die or let one **** play" is also a way to phrase it, easy decision if you ask me.

I don't understand where you're trying to go? I thought the situation was clear and simple? Either we ban him and have no tournament or we let one **** play and we do have a tournament? This has literally nothing to do with having a backbone or not. We've had a similar situation with Arni back in the days. He was banned, kept banned and in the end saw that he was acting like a scumbag and he changed his ways. Though times change, the playerbase isn't the same, the tournaments aren't the size they used to be. With these things changing, Grynn actually knows - and has admitted he does - that he can kill the community with these acts. If that's what people want because of their online "principles" then sure, let's go for it and let the game we all enjoy slowly die because of all your "principles". At the end of the day, it's the community that decides, right?

I'd also like to point out that I'm actually disappointed in some of the people that have responded after Ronny's announcement. Instead of trying to help, the majority is just pointing fingers and trying to blame/attack others for doing something that would keep the community alive. It would be much more appreciated if people would hit us up on steam and try to help us out instead of *****ing on the forums.

Thanks for doing that and helping us out!

Last edited:
No tournament without drama :smile:

Wouldn’t it be possible to privately schedule a match and setup a server just for that match? I know that’s a lot of overhead, but it might be a plausible solution.

I think part of the problem people have is that the decision was originally made to keep grynn banned (I think?). Then it was reversed and people basically told to not bother talking about it.

It's the wrong decision imo.

"let an entire community die or let one **** play" is also a way to phrase it, easy decision if you ask me.
That is assuming it would die from it, which it won't.

I don't understand where you're trying to go? I thought the situation was clear and simple? Either we ban him and have no tournament or we let one **** play and we do have a tournament? This has literally nothing to do with having a backbone or not. We've had a similar situation with Arni back in the days. He was banned, kept banned and in the end saw that he was acting like a scumbag and he changed his ways. Though times change, the playerbase isn't the same, the tournaments aren't the size they used to be. With these things changing, Grynn actually knows - and has admitted he does - that he can kill the community with these acts. If that's what people want because of their online "principles" then sure, let's go for it and let the game we all enjoy slowly die because of all your "principles". At the end of the day, it's the community that decides, right?
Matches can still be done. Granted, with overhead, sure, but things are possible. You're assuming the community would die or the tournament be unplayable because of this guy ddosing - it won't.

I'd also like to point out that I'm actually disappointed in some of the people that have responded after Ronny's announcement. Instead of trying to help, the majority is just pointing fingers and trying to blame/attack others for doing something that would keep the community alive. It would be much more appreciated if people would hit us up on steam and try to help us out instead of *****ing on the forums.
I offered help last tournament, multiple options even. What help would you expect to be offered at this point? I don't see much that can be helped with.

Inappropriate language
Announcement

After further discussions with Grynn, he himself decieded to back down and not play. Grynn was provoked by several players which upset him but ultimately he didnt want to hurt anyone.
SO PLEASE STOP SMACKTALKING HIM OR ANYONE!!
we managed this situation, he acted mature after all and thats what i expect from you guys.
Just dont be toxic and lets get this tourney back on track and please just dont post anything related to this topic after this post, this topic is finally over with.
Lets just behave like a civilized community and stop spreading hate!! :grin:

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for their input. It is honestly appreciated, especially when formulated well like it is now. As previously said by Ronny, Grynn will not play. I hope this satisfies most of the community and I truly hope we can have a nice tournament now.

Any furthur suggestions are always welcome. We're really busy behind the scenes to get everything sorted on time and we hope to see everyone at the pickings this weekend (time will be said HERE).

that sounds really weird xdd
thanks for this post! truly inspirational! didnt expect much else..

Kudos to you Grynn for choosing to do the right thing. I have no doubt your actions will be forgiven in the upcoming tourneys seeing how you did something mature. Appreciate it on behalf of everyone!

Back
Top Bottom