SP - General Trade caravan route dictating

Users who are viewing this thread

I would like to suggest that we be allowed to set up caravan routes. These routes would allow my caravans to sell certain in towns which I dictate. So let me break this down:

So I have a Sturgian caravan and I don't want it to trade outside of Sturgian holdings for safety reasons. Maybe we're at war a lot, maybe I just want to ensure that our towns are getting trade from my people. Maybe I am just sick of my caravans getting sniped off and want to ensure i'm not paying for them every other day. I tell my Caravan that I want it to start in Tyal and move along to Revyl doing trade. It would trade in the towns along the route, but it wouldn't go outside of that route unless it was for its own safety. Mind you the default route would have your caravans going off into Calradia to trade as they normally do.

I would even be content with setting up no-go areas for my Caravans to keep them from running into Southern Empire lands when we're at war with them. That tends to not be very healthy for my caravans, who knew?

I would like to suggest that we be allowed to set up caravan routes. These routes would allow my caravans to sell certain in towns which I dictate. So let me break this down:

So I have a Sturgian caravan and I don't want it to trade outside of Sturgian holdings for safety reasons. Maybe we're at war a lot, maybe I just want to ensure that our towns are getting trade from my people. Maybe I am just sick of my caravans getting sniped off and want to ensure i'm not paying for them every other day. I tell my Caravan that I want it to start in Tyal and move along to Revyl doing trade. It would trade in the towns along the route, but it wouldn't go outside of that route unless it was for its own safety. Mind you the default route would have your caravans going off into Calradia to trade as they normally do.

I would even be content with setting up no-go areas for my Caravans to keep them from running into Southern Empire lands when we're at war with them. That tends to not be very healthy for my caravans, who knew?
Yes I agree with this. There was a mod that let you do just that, but I am not sure it is still working. My addition would be to link your workshops production to caravans. This way you can link your mercantile endeavours.

Specifically to avoid areas of conflict, i.e. when war breaks out the trader MUST avoid going into enemy territory. It frustrates me no end when my traders keep getting captured by the other side in wars by seemingly brain-lessly wandering into their territory to get captured.

Back
Top Bottom