Are lord defecting going to be a thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm curious about this. In Warband when you started a Kingdom and when you checked your castle your sometimes had a lord waiting for you to tell you they would like to serve you as their new king. In Bannerlord that doesn't happen, even though I see lords with literally -50 with their king. It would be nice to have that back in Bannerlord, They offer something to show their support (Ex. a special weapon, armor or some gold) and you would also be able to deny their gift to gain some Charm.

It would be nice to have something so simple back since it changed a lot and made the kingdom process less tedious (Ex. Buying lords for 200k-400k, Training Companions to be lords etc)

Yes, lords do defect. In 1.7.2, even a good relation might not be enough if they're poor and don't have a good fief. And 1.8 exaggerates it due to a bug with something they created to combat overextending or something like that. It's just that the player has to find them and negotiate in person instead of having them wait in court. And then be ready to pay like crazy if they're big.

It's also possible for a king player to turn a companion into a lord.

Yes, lords do defect. In 1.7.2, even a good relation might not be enough if they're poor and don't have a good fief. And 1.8 exaggerates it due to a bug with something they created to combat overextending or something like that. It's just that the player has to find them and negotiate in person instead of having them wait in court. And then be ready to pay like crazy if they're big.

It's also possible for a king player to turn a companion into a lord.
Yeah, but I've never seen them ask to defect to my kingdom. It would be nice to seem them in your castle or town waiting for you and ask you to join your own kingdom.

Yeah, but I've never seen them ask to defect to my kingdom. It would be nice to seem them in your castle or town waiting for you and ask you to join your own kingdom.

Would seem like a pretty easy thing to do but TW has unfortunately deemed it impossible. Don't worry, it'll be in a mod soon

Yes, lords do defect. In 1.7.
They don't defect to your kingdom (unless it's so rare that it's never seen and thus worthless). This is like if asked "do you have free thing" "Yes you can have thing if you pay XYZ money for it". The AI can defect to AI factions, the ruler does not pay them large sum of money or waste time tracking down or capturing the clan leaders, they just get them randomly, instantly and for free. In warband a lord who leaves their faction (when mad at ruler) has chance to ask to join your faction (chance is increased by RTR) instead of an AI faction, they go to you capitol and wait to talk to you. You do not have to pay them any thing to accept them.
Would seem like a pretty easy thing to do but TW has unfortunately deemed it impossible. Don't worry, it'll be in a mod soon
Probably TW is not interested in making them defect to the player's kingdom as they seem to think making the game go in endless loops is better then progression to a finished campaign. I don't see what the vision is if they're not adding any content. SO what it takes somewhat longer to paint the map but still nothing happens? Oh we defeated all these clans and took all their land BUT NOW they're flag is red and we defeat them ALL AGAIN, seven times until we own all the land and the AI clans are all termites running around forever. Okay GG.

I was thinking of defection as in them changing sides at all, but yeah, seems to be one of the things where the AI plays by different rules, like hiring a ton of mercenary clans with empty promises and telepathy.

Back
Top Bottom