If TW releases features such as: criminal empire & naval system as DLC's will you purchase them?

Will you purchase the dlc's?

• Yes

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • No

Votes: 21 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 34 27.2%
  • **** off

Votes: 42 33.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I would buy 100 Years War DLC. Under condition that proper feudal system, diplomacy, warfare logistics and fief build-up ( I want my peasant to build me a nice castle!) would be introduced as core mechanic updating original game.

I would buy naval combat as a DLC if it worked and they fixed the base game.

I would not buy criminal empires as DLC because it was supposed to be in the base game.
THIS
That´s how desperate gamers are nowadays. Also it was/is an announced feature, I mean it´s in the game in "some" way, but not the way all players imagined when it was announced.

Game companies have the best customers ever. Not talking about TW now but game companies can literally release a broken game as a final release and will still have fanboys praising the game. Game critics are also helping those things. Broken Cyberbug 2077 GOTY, yeaaa sure! It will only get worse, with of course some exceptions (mostly real indie devs that really care about their community and games).
Unfortunately I've seen many indie devs have the opposite problem: listening so hard to the people on the forum that they enshrine purposely painful game mechanics to keep out the filthy casuals ("casuals" being defined as the 90% of hardcore gamers who don't dream Excel spreadsheets). I used to think BL was one of those - but it turned out they weren't listening to ANYBODY.
You mean a game like Star Sector. Because... Well, the game you describe already exists and it's amazing.
And Starsector is exactly one of the games I just described above. I *LOVE LOVE LOVE* that game but one trip to the forums broke my heart, watching extra-hardcores campaign against simple QOL stuff because "shun the casuals". IIRC it was something like people were complaining that smuggling weapons to pirates was too profitable... which is just stunningly-asinine.

I haven't played the latest patch yet, though, and I'm excited to see what I missed.

THIS

Unfortunately I've seen many indie devs have the opposite problem: listening so hard to the people on the forum that they enshrine purposely painful game mechanics to keep out the filthy casuals ("casuals" being defined as the 90% of hardcore gamers who don't dream Excel spreadsheets). I used to think BL was one of those - but it turned out they weren't listening to ANYBODY.

And Starsector is exactly one of the games I just described above. I *LOVE LOVE LOVE* that game but one trip to the forums broke my heart, watching extra-hardcores campaign against simple QOL stuff because "shun the casuals". IIRC it was something like people were complaining that smuggling weapons to pirates was too profitable... which is just stunningly-asinine.

I haven't played the latest patch yet, though, and I'm excited to see what I missed.
IMO the developer properly ignores the grognards and is making a game that is focused on FUN in s balanced way.

IMO the developer properly ignores the grognards and is making a game that is focused on FUN in s balanced way.
Yeah I just downloaded 0.95 and it looks good. Smuggling weapons/marines/drugs to pirates and pathers is still profitable enough to be worth my time.

I think rather than "appealing to casuals" or "appealing to hardcore players" a game should just have a strong vision. Player feedback should be used to find bugs, not to outline the overall direction of the game. Bannerlord is not fun because it doesn't have a clear idea of itself.

Even if Taleworlds took on most of the feedback, the game would still be boring, because most of the suggestions lack a clear vision as well. Not to say that they're bad suggestions per se, but for the most part theyre just ideas from other games and won't fix the aimlessness of bannerlord itself.

The man,the myth is back.
The Apocal(ypse)
Probably not for long; 1.8 has a pretty crippling bug in it.

I think rather than "appealing to casuals" or "appealing to hardcore players" a game should just have a strong vision. Player feedback should be used to find bugs, not to outline the overall direction of the game. Bannerlord is not fun because it doesn't have a clear idea of itself.

Even if Taleworlds took on most of the feedback, the game would still be boring, because most of the suggestions lack a clear vision as well. Not to say that they're bad suggestions per se, but for the most part theyre just ideas from other games and won't fix the aimlessness of bannerlord itself.
I will never forget that one guy who had these incredibly, excessively long suggestions for game systems that are so insanely detailed that they plow straight into the central limit theorem and effectively become a really CPU-intensive average.

Last edited:
Probably not for long; 1.8 has a pretty crippling bug in it.

I will never forget that one guy who had these incredibly, excessively long suggestions for game systems that are so insanely detailed that they plow straight into the central limit theorem and effectively become a really CPU-intensive average.
Is the vassals changing sides the bug?
Or the football pass fiefs one back?

Agreed, but I would also add that Taleworlds needs some people who know to add good or interesting rpg mechanics. The mechanics in this game are more akin to an mmo or mobile game because they reinforce tedium and repetition to mind numbing levels in me.

Would far prefer 'The Game that Guy Had in His Head' then the one ive got. Would be an interesting at least..

I won't buy a DLC until the game is finished and holds its promises. If you do, you're an idiot eager to be ripped off.
Everyone who bought the EA was already ripped off, at least the early buyers. TW also won´t announce DLC while in EA, I guess they might announce whatever DLC after 3-4 months after full release. But DLC will come for sure, if you sold that much copies you must be really braindead to not add DLC.

Maybe they´ll look at the most used mods (as they already have should during EA) and will add them into a DLC package, of course with lesser features than the original mod.

OOF

Somebody call the BURN ward
Wasn't we promised some kind of criminal option in our playthroughs already in the dev blogs back in the days? No I wouldn't buy something that should be in the game.
Bloc actually made an option for this in his Freelancer mod. That mod was higher-quality writing and design than anything in vanilla (I helped a tiny lilbit). Aaaand... now he's gone.

Why pay money for something that should be in the base game? No thank you. Tell Taleworlds to finish its job and stop banning people from the forums for telling them so.

Why pay money for something that should be in the base game? No thank you. Tell Taleworlds to finish its job and stop banning people from the forums for telling them so.
Who's getting banned from the forums for criticizing the game? That's literally all I've done for two and a half years now. You're on the thread with @MostBlunted - who's, like, the ****ing poster child for getting repeatedly banned... and he's still here.

I'm the last person to white knight anything involved with TW but I simply refuse to believe that this forum's mods are banning people without plenty of provocation. @Orion himself told me - after giving me a ban for calling someone autistic IIRC - that the mood in the forum has gotten so negative over the past few years that banning criticism of TW would mean yeeting 80% of the population. Homeboy said that in a thread where he explicitly criticized TW himself if I'm not mistaken.

Back
Top Bottom